Could Bush Become another Hitler?

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:30 pm
Booman, Mr. Bush believes that the certain kind of criminals are to be executed to protect society from the worst types of violent crime. It has nothing to do with either bloodthirstiness, or racism, or anything else of the kind. It is just a conviction that the evil is to be adequately punished.
I know, some people claim that majority of the sentenced to death ae minorities. But I know examples of the WASPs that were executed: McVeigh, for example, or this crazy serial killer that used to slaughter gays, to cook them and to eat them up (forgot his name, sorry). Death penalty is rather a function of crime committed by the convict than of his/her color of skin.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:42 pm
Quote:
Nixon was also caught on his infamous tapes cursing Jews.

Edgar
Actions speak louder than words. It's what Nixon did not what he said that is meaningful. There are people who speak as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouths that I would not for one second turn my back on.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:45 pm
I only used Nixon on the tapes as an obvious example, one everyone knows about. There are racist tales out there much worse than that one, but I don't have time to chase down links for them.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:49 pm
Edgar
Quote:
The point here is, I have known these type of people all my life. They will use the cause of the Jews or whomever else until they no longer find it expedient.

I agree what you say is true. However, we must worry about the here and now. As they say any port in storm. Would it be better not to accept help because of some religious belief that is as all religious beliefs a crock of sh.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:54 pm
Watch your back is my one admonition.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:54 pm
Edgar
Nixon was paranoid and had a bad word for everyone. He had some choice words for Kissenger as well. But you know what? He was nowhere as dangerous and a threat to this country and the world as Bush.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:08 pm
He still was extremely dangerous.
0 Replies

KYN2000

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:17 pm
Frank

I can only wonder if the descendants of Emmett Kelley (even though distant) may prefer that his name, his contribution and his memory to our country, be left outside the current world of real pain and grief.

Who knows?

Maybe somewhere, he is still sweeping away the light.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:20 pm
Striessd,
...Not only the one's you mentioned, but I'm sure there are several more POOR whites that have killed along with the hundreds of non-whites that have been slaughtered, and most likely the majority of them of were guilty. Of course the death penalty is not a deterent, but hey...ya' get to snuff people!

Of course, if you do't believe he's rascist, and bloodthirsty,.....that's allright, I understand. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:21 pm
Edgar
So they say. However, I have never been convinced. I think he had a successful presidency. At least till he got his jockies twisted.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:24 pm
Booman wrote:
and most likely the majority of them of were guilty

That is the point. You do not agree with conservatives on the death penalty issue. But this is not a reason to compare them to Nazis (such a comparison appears indirectly in the title of the thread). The latter ones mainly killed innocent people on racial grounds.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:49 pm
au1929
I lay a good deal of the blame for the killing fields of Cambodia on Nixon. I still get angry every time I recall how he approved violence on the dissenters, having undercover people start violence at demonstrations to discredit the move in the eyes of the public, giving the green light to actions such as the one at Kent State. How he lied about a plan to end the war, then expanded it. The Watergate break-in was bad enough, but it pales beside the man's other sins.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 08:19 pm
I concur Streissd,
...In spite of his potential, he does not yet have a record as bad as Hitler's.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 12:16 pm
Stessd said "Mr. Bush believes that the certain kind of criminals are to be executed to protect society from the worst types of violent crime."

Hi,

Is that not akin to a turkey voting for Thanksgiving? Shocked
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:40 pm
http://users.pandora.be/mcdaddy/mcdaddy_bestanden/image002.gif

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:36 pm
I think GWBush is gonna create a whole new political thesis that the historians are gonna study for many centuries to come. c.i.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:54 pm
Frolic...

Where did you get that picture? Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 06:02 pm
vnn, You can copy and hang in your toilet if you like. LOL c.i.
0 Replies