CNN's 2020 Democratic debate set for July 30-31.

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2019 06:41 pm
CNN's 2020 Democratic debate set for July 30-31 in Detroit.

Quote:
(CNN) — The second debate of the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, hosted by CNN, will take place in Detroit on July 30 and 31, the Democratic National Committee announced Tuesday.

The debate will bring the crowded field of Democratic candidates to the battleground state of Michigan, which President Donald Trump won in 2016.

The debate will feature randomized lineups drawn from a maximum of 20 qualifying candidates. A total of 12 presidential primary debates are planned during the 2020 cycle. The first debate, hosted by NBC News, will be June 26-27 in Miami.

The 2020 Democratic field is already large and diverse, with more than a dozen contenders in the race and other high-profile candidates, including former Vice President Joe Biden and Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams, still considering a run.

Qualifying for the debates is based on a two-path system, determined by polling and grass-roots fundraising. The selection methodology will use the two measures in combination if more than 20 candidates qualify and the field needs to be narrowed down.

The debate will be over two days because the field is too big to fit on one stage. The Democratic National Committee will pick at random who ends up on each day. Up to 10 candidates will be onstage each night, so if there are more than 20 Democrats running, those who have not reached the threshold for grass-roots fundraising or polling will be excluded from the debate.

According to the debate guidelines, candidates "may qualify for the debate by registering at 1% or more support in three separate polls (either national polls or polls of the electorate in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and/or Nevada) publicly released between January 1, 2019, and 14 days prior to the date of the debate," with "qualifying polls" coming from a DNC-approved list. That list includes polls from the Associated Press, ABC News, CBS News, CNN, Des Moines Register, Fox News, Las Vegas Review-Journal, Monmouth University, NBC News, New York Times, NPR, Quinnipiac University, Reuters, University of New Hampshire, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Washington Post and Winthrop University.

The three polls used by candidates to qualify for the debate must be from three different organizations, or the same organization but of different geographical areas.

In addition to the polling criteria, candidates may qualify if they have received campaign contributions from at least 65,000 unique donors, and a minimum of 200 unique donors per state in at least 20 US states.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/02/politics/cnn-2020-democratic-debate-july-detroit/index.html

Lash

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 05:57 pm
@Real Music,
Why does this article say that Biden is considering a run?
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 06:39 pm
@Lash,

it was written in april...
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 07:19 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Why does this article say that Biden is considering a run?

I just recently saw a television commercial on July 4, 2019 that was advertising this upcoming July 30-31 debate.

This actual article was published back in April 2, 2019.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 12:51 pm
@Real Music,
I am considering 4 people for president. If the democrats were really interested in defeating Trump 18 of them would resign. I think the party has a death wish. And yes Lash I think Bernie is one who should resign. He has helped elect Trump once. That's enough.
Lash

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 01:51 pm
@RABEL222,
Bernie is the only one who gives a **** about average Americans. Racist girl sniffer Biden should go, Pete should go—blacks will never go for him; everybody 2% or less should go.

Let the rest of them prove themselves.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:02 pm
@Lash,
Bernie has been in congress for more than 20 years. He talks a good game but in those 20 years he has got only 7 bills passed. Not particularry impressive. But he sounds good telling people what they want to hear than not delivering the goods. Typical politician.
Lash

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:06 pm
@RABEL222,
He’s single handedly gotten wages almost doubled for people working for minimum wage. He’s changed life for Disney employees, Amazon employees...and now he’s gunning for WalMart.

He’s done more for working class people in my lifetime than any other politician.

He’s in the streets with working people.

He’s turned the conversation in presidential campaigns for the benefit of most of us.

Anyone who says different is in deep denial.
Brand X

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:42 pm
Tulsi has qualified for next debate. Cool.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 06:33 pm
@Lash,
Or possibly able to recognize facts rather than delusional opinions?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 06:41 pm
@Brand X,
I've been thinking about donating to try to get Gravel on the stage. Have you thought about it?
Real Music

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 12:46 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I am considering 4 people for president. If the democrats were really interested in defeating Trump 18 of them would resign.

I believe more than half will drop out of the race after South Carolina.

I strongly suspect that sometime in March after Super Tuesday, that most of the candidates will have dropped out of the race.
I suspect there will probably only be 4 or 5 people left in the race after Super Tuesday. Possibly less than that.

https://able2know.org/topic/525414-1
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 12:51 am
@Real Music,
Harris, the mayor from Indiana, Crazy B, Pocahontas and that almost dead man are the only ones who matter.

The D's might decide to get their **** in order.

I know, I am a dreamer!
Real Music

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 12:54 am
@hawkeye10,
Welcome back.

Haven't heard from you in a while.
Real Music

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 12:55 am
@hawkeye10,
For the moment, my three favorite candidates are Warren, Harris, and Biden.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 12:56 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Welcome back.

Haven't heard from you in a while.

I have long been gone, I never intended to be back, and I take such a dim view of A2K and The West and of the current state of the citizens of America that I am not likely to be here for more than a second. I am old, I am done ******* around with willful morons!
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 12:59 am
@hawkeye10,
Who's the almost dead man you referring to?
Biden and Sanders are both up there in years
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 01:07 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Who's the almost dead man you referring to?
Biden and Sanders are both up there in years

America sucks so badly that these deeply over the hill and as well deeply failed humans imagine that they are the next hot thing!

And they are WHITE GUYS!

Let THAT set in a spell!
Real Music

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 01:11 am
@hawkeye10,
I suppose that a Biden-Sanders ticket wouldn't excite you?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 01:16 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

I suppose that a Biden-Sanders ticket wouldn't excite you?

No, these two super old motherfuckers embarrass themselves with their hubris and recklessness at running at their age.

I certainly expected that they knew better.

My mistake!