0

sea watch 3

maxdog

-1  
Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2019 12:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Still not good practice even if it s also pushed by church , and that number is nothing compared to how many had entered from my last comment here.
Walter Hinteler

2  
Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2019 02:34 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
that number is nothing
It's not a fact that boats are continuously in emergency in Mediterranean Sea, but fortunately many lives are saved when those children, women and men are in bad waters.
maxdog

-1  
Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2019 02:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I break my heart for the children but I think the adults they know what they are risking , and they leave anyway

Walter Hinteler

2  
Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2020 12:28 pm
EKD leader Heinrich Bedford-Strohm (leading bishop of the Evangelical Church in Germany) has received death threats because of his commitment to the sea rescue of refugees.
This does not change the plans of the Protestant Church, however.
maxdog

-1  
Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 03:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
What does your comment have to do with my last comment that is

?

Walter Hinteler

2  
Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 12:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
AfD criticizes German cardinal over sea rescue donation
Senior German Cardinal Reinhard Marx donated €50,000 to a charity that supports migrant rescues at sea. Germany's far-right AfD has demanded an explanation, arguing such sea missions boost business for people smugglers.

In an open letter published Thursday, Alternative for Germany (AfD) spokesman Stephen Brandner asked whether Munich Cardinal Reinhard Marx had approval from the church community to donate €50,000 ($55,000) to a sea rescue charity.

"I wonder whether my church taxes, which I've been paying at a high level for about 30 years, will be used for this purpose, even though I'm not willing to support traffickers," Brandner wrote.

The donation went to United4Rescue, an alliance backed by the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD). The group had been seeking donations to fund a ship to rescue migrants in the Mediterranean Sea.

The AfD politician asked why Marx, Germany's top cardinal, had decided to draw on the archdiocese's funds, and demanded to know whether any of the contribution had come out of his own pocket. Brandner also argued in his letter that rescue boats in the Mediterranean were driving "more and more people to take the life-threatening route across the sea to Europe."

Another AfD MP Johannes Huber wrote on Twitter: "Marx misappropriates €50,000 from church tax money. In doing so, he is supporting the business of traffickers."

In Germany, church members have to pay Kirchensteuer (church tax), which typically amounts to a little under one-tenth of somebody's income tax.

According to the archbishopric, the money came from a special part of the Munich archdiocese's budget which is made available each year for the cardinal to donate to charitable and urgent causes as they see fit. Such tranches of funds are common in Catholic dioceses in Germany, with the money designed to be easier to deploy at speed with minimal consultation as the cardinal sees fit.

EKD council chairman, Bishop Heinrich Bedford-Strohm, thanked Marx for his donation, and told the Augsburger Allgemeine newspaper that he had received death threats as a result of his support for migrant sea rescues.

Marx was also targeted with criticism in 2018 and 2019 after making two donations of €50,000 to other sea rescue missions.

maxdog

0  
Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 02:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
can you say what you mean in brief please ?

thanks
Walter Hinteler

2  
Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 03:02 pm
@maxdog,
I quoted a media report with link to the source.
maxdog

0  
Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 10:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Ok . Still thinking the same , they re also funding illegal operations

maxdog

0  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 02:56 am
On latest Euronews ,Migrants in overcrowded camps in Greece to be offered €2,000 to go home.

So do you really thought that we ever thought that this was a real life saving? This news says it all.
Walter Hinteler

1  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 03:50 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
So do you really thought that we ever thought that this was a real life saving?
I have no idea what you (plural) ever thought.
However, what you (singular) always seem to think is expressed by your responses.

Obviously you missed a lot when reading/watching the news:
a) those 2,000 € aren't related to anything even close to saving lives from sea accidents,
b) the children there are still offered asylum. (Which is less than I want, but that's not the topic here.)

Generally, the old fashioned Christian attitude of helping is getting less and less, fortunately some at least remember the attitude about children (Exodus 1 and 2; Gen 21,9-21 ...)
maxdog

0  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 04:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
forget my grammar

first off , although is not sea saving related is still related about if they really need cover or just they are economic workers. and somehow the boats stopped for now , is it saving jobs are not done now?

now the corona virus is changing EU plans

the bible never said help at the point that you will be in a worst position.

maxdog

0  
Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2020 12:58 pm
Not as I said , 110 illegal immigrants are waiting outside the africa sea shores.
As europe don t have enough trouble right now.

maxdog

0  
Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2020 06:33 am
More boats come every week and now certain authorities are refusing to make them enter when the same ones used to let them in .
So they are racist now and they were nt before ?

Walter Hinteler

1  
Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:26 am
Sea-Watch has been rescuing refugees from drowning in the Mediterranean for five years. An exhibition at the Frankfurt Weltkulturen museum aims to remind people of the issue.

Weltkulturen Museum

The collection of the Frankfurt Weltkulturen Museum comprises about 65,000 objects from across the continents and island states, 100,000 ethnographic photographs and films, and library holdings of 50,000 international books and journals. The holdings cover a wide period, including prehistoric artefacts, individual collections from the eighteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth centuries, as well as pieces newly acquired this century. The museum's holdings include a significant number of art works by renowned international artists from Oceania, Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Americas, in addition to the corresponding collections of artefacts.)
maxdog

0  
Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 08:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes very proud for their work . They get paid very good they say.

maxdog

0  
Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 09:36 pm
Covid 19 or not the 400 that they were out at sea had entered on land after less than 40 days at sea . It s a powerfull mechanisim without frontiers.
Bring them with proper ships if there is no way to stop this.
At least they are safe.