sea watch 3

maxdog

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 08:42 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
What you want to say by those articles ?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 10:46 pm
@maxdog,
Your question is ungrammatical, I'm not criticizing you but I don't understand what it is you are trying to ask ....... Perhaps if you re-phrase?
maxdog

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 06:06 am
@glitterbag,
Ok in other words , this captain s action was against the law to keep going inside italian harbours with the alt of the local police . A law was broken by her so she have to pay for not obeing orders and risking 5 policemen lives .
glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 04:46 pm
@maxdog,
Ok, a few clarifications please. What do you mean by "inside Italian harbors with the 'alt' of the local police. One other question, how many policemen died?
nacredambition

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 09:12 pm
@glitterbag,
Halt

maxdog

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 10:32 pm
@glitterbag,
Simply ignoring police when said to her to stop .
So because any died but where at risk you find no crime .?
Please
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 10:33 pm
@nacredambition,
Whatever is written , you understand.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 11:16 pm
@maxdog,
OK, the sentence below doesn't make sense....

"So because any died but where at risk you find no crime .?
Please"

So.... no one died but you want the sea captain to be punished because she wanted to rescue people from drowning??? Are you offended because someone rescued drowning people or are you upset that the captain was reckless and thought preventing people from drowning or being eaten by sharks was offensive and unlawful. I just want to know how many policemen were killed. Do you know or are you comparing rescue at sea to a freaking tennis match? Freaking Please? ASAP.....
maxdog

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2019 02:20 am
@glitterbag,
Not sure why are you having difficulties to understand . She drove towards the police risking their lives . Some one have to kill to get punished ? An attempt murder is also a crime
glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2019 10:35 am
@maxdog,
Unfortunately, sentences have to make sense to the person you are trying to communicate with...... I admire your effort to learn another language, however, if you pick the wrong word, or make a grammar error, I'm left to guess what you are trying to say.
maxdog

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2019 10:07 pm
@glitterbag,
It s ok i admit it i m not that good in grammar . But i hope my last comment was clear enough . All i want to say is , attempted crime should clearly be punished as if it was had effect.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 12:22 am
@maxdog,
Are you using one of those translation apps that allows you to insert one language and have it translated into English? If you are, that might explain why most of your posts and comments are gibberish.

However, I think what you are trying to assert is "rules and laws are more important than human life". Are you trying to determine that some people are craven individuals? By sorting thru your confusing sentences, it almost seems as if you think a ship captain should ignore the rules of sea and humanity and just say "well all those men, women, and children are drowning but Holy **** if I do the right thing, I might be fined.....". I'm certain I'm mistaken, but you really should get help with your grammar..otherwise other people are going to think you are a persnickety overbearing jerk....you don't want people to get the wrong idea..you are probably just trying to debate. It's not going well. Good luck in the future.
maxdog

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 11:28 am
@glitterbag,
wow that was heavy to read , but thanks , i might learn from this
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 01:52 pm
Another vessel with illegal immigrants is waiting to enter italy for days now. Does it make sense that people are in danger and spain is refusing to take them when the flag is spanish ?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 02:05 pm
@maxdog,

“The inconceivable reply from the Italian authorities, and specifically of the Interior Minister Matteo Salvini, to close their ports, and the difficulties expressed by other countries in the central Mediterranean have led Spain to once again lead the reply to a humanitarian crisis,” the government said.
“Good,” Salvini, said on Twitter, in response to the news that Spain is readying a port to take Open Arms. “He who perseveres, wins.”

Algeciras, the Spanish port, is 950 nm away from the position of the "Open Arms" rescue ship - Open Arms correctly says another six-day journey would be crazy.

maxdog

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 02:08 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
6 days journey ? From lampedusa to spain ?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 10:10 pm
@maxdog,
You studied navigation where?
What's your result?
maxdog

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 10:37 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I just think that it will take hours to spain not days.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 10:58 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
I just think that it will take hours to spain not days.
It's roughly 1,000 sm.

https://i.imgur.com/V9BlEnX.jpg

The ship has a maximum speed of 8.5 kn.
Even leaving aside wind and sea and that you can't run the engine all the time at maximum speed, even then 1,000 : 8.5 = ???
maxdog

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 01:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well if they really want them alive the eu will send a helicopter or two. They are playing with peoples lives