0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 12:26 am
@roger,
Just ask what you re not understand
glitterbag

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 12:43 am
@maxdog,
If I understand your position, you wish the captain to be punished for saving drowning people?
maxdog

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 01:56 am
@glitterbag,
are you still believe they are drowning people ? you should intensify your knowledge about what s really happening.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 02:18 am
@maxdog,
So dead, humans have been thrown in the sea to make it look ,like?

You live on the Mediterranean coast, I suppose, just don't read the news?
maxdog

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 02:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
i think accidents happen when performing those trips, like passenger planes when they crush
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 08:06 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
i think accidents happen when performing those trips, like passenger planes when they crush
Fine. However, it will be more than difficult to dissolve all national and international maritime search and rescue services: the Convention on the Law of the Sea, national laws, national criminal code, the Geneva Convention etc etc - all had to be changed (In Italy, the Codice della Navigazione, too.)

But I'd thought (see your above post) that you don't believe people are drowning people there. Because you have intensive knowledge about what is really happening.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 08:29 am
@glitterbag,
A right-wing nationalist European governing party, which preaches sovereignty on a daily basis and lambastes Brussels as if it were the command centre of a banking dictatorship, sells itself and thus the country to the Kremlin. That will probably sweep away even Salvini, and so far it has been thought that nothing could harm him.

The newspapers are printing the old photos of the Red Square again.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 03:59 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
With all respect , if you never had the tiniest suspicion that something it s not true about these savings in the meditterean , you re not following what s really happening . The media is not going to show it to you, you have to follow salvini for example or maybe a you tube video that still available.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 08:25 pm
Quote:
What does the idiom “That dog doesn’t hunt” mean?

"Dogs are often used in hunting animals like birds, foxes, etc.. If a dog doesn't hunt, and it's owner does, that dog is not very useful to it's owner.

So this would imply that the dog in question is not useful, or does not serve much purpose.

Hope that helps!"

maxdog

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 07:16 am
@solipsister,
Can t find that comment about the dog
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 08:35 am
@maxdog,
Since you've got better sources than the reports in the media: what's your opinion about the four hours of interrogation of the former captain of "Sea Watch 3" by the state prosecutor in courthouse of Agrigento today?
maxdog

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 01:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Sorry but I don t know that even happened .Im surprised that she s interogated , she had been named and crowened as a hero .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 01:10 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
you should intensify your knowledge about what s really happening.
maxdog

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 01:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
If you follow salvini you know as much as be about fake savings . It s his main subject
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 01:56 pm
@maxdog,
https://i.imgur.com/eqdeoyF.jpg
maxdog

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 03:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
good keep listening to him , you will be different
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 12:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
https://twitter.com/matteosalvinimi/status/1152611357503688705
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 08:22 am
Sicilian fishermen risk prison to rescue migrants: ‘No human would turn away’
Quote:
A father and son describe what it’s like to hear desperate cries on the sea at night as Italy hardens its stance against incomers
by Lorenzo Tondo

Captain Carlo Giarratano didn’t think twice when, late last month, during a night-time fishing expedition off the coast of Libya, he heard desperate cries of help from 50 migrants aboard a dinghy that had run out of fuel and was taking on water. The 36-year-old Sicilian lives by the law of the sea. He reached the migrants and offered them all the food and drink he had. While his father Gaspare coordinated the aid effort from land, Carlo waited almost 24 hours for an Italian coastguard ship that finally transferred the migrants to Sicily.

News of that rescue spread around the world, because not only was it kind, it was brave. Ever since Italy’s far-right interior minister, Matteo Salvini, closed Italian ports to rescue ships, the Giarratanos have known that such an act could land them with a hefty fine or jail. But if confronted with the same situation again, they say they’d do it all over 1,000 times.

“No seaman would ever return to port without the certainty of having saved those lives,” says Carlo, whose family has sailed the Mediterranean for four generations. “If I had ignored those cries for help, I wouldn’t have had the courage to face the sea again.”

... ... ...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2019 08:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Spanish NGO boat seeks safe port for 124 people rescued in Mediterranean
Quote:
[...]
Barcelona-based NGO Open Arms rescued 55 people from a sinking raft on Thursday, among them two babies, and a further 69 people from another boat during Thursday night, the organization said on Twitter.

Two heavily pregnant women were among those rescued from the second raft, Open Arms founder Oscar Camps said on Twitter, while many showed signs of violence suffered in Libya before beginning the sea journey.

“As was to be expected, we have received word from the Italian government. A 50,000 euro ($55,500) fine and seizure of the Open Arms hangs over us if we enter Italian waters, this in addition to the threats of the Spanish government,” Open Arms wrote on Twitter.

The boat was heading north in search of a safe port, the organization added.

Italian Interior Minister Matteo Salvini, who heads the far-right League party, is pushing to increase fines for rescue boats and said on Thursday any which enter Italian waters will be seized.
... ... ...