Is Trump still anti-Arab and/or anti-Muslim, or has he changed his tune?

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2019 11:34 pm
Hi. I know Trump was anti-Arab and anti-Muslim during his 2015-2016 presidential campaign. I know his first year in office he instituted a Muslim ban- a ban barring certain Arab Muslim nations from sending immigrants to the U.S., which was shortly overturned after it was instilled because the ban was deemed unethical, racist and unconstitutional. Not all Arab Muslims are terrorists.

ISIS seemed to have disbanded and/or disappeared shortly after Trump bombed Syria. The media doesn't even talk about ISIS or any Arab Muslim terrorist groups.

Is Trump still anti-Arab and/or anti-Muslim?

Trump recently made a deal with Palestinians to divide the city of Jerusalem up, so this can't be entirely true.

I am curious- please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,105 • Replies: 3
No top replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2019 11:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
Are you asking whether he is:
- openly anti-muslim; or
- personally anti-muslim?

If you recall Trumps early foreign policy (or anything 'not American') phrasing, I think you have a good idea of who Trump is. He's improved a lot in international statesmanship since (though whether that is up to the level of a President is a matter of opinion)
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2019 12:31 am
@vikorr,
Publicly anti-Muslim.

We know Trump has a history of being publicly anti-Muslim:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/03/15/short-history-president-trumps-anti-muslim-bigotry/?utm_term=.7d8242708d5b

Please give an example of Trump's "early foreign policy (or anything 'not American') phrasing". Are you referring to his policy before or after he became president?
vikorr

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2019 01:14 am
@JGoldman10,
Keh, foreign policy is only ever used in terms of politics, and he wasn't a politician before he was president.

As for examples on his early poor phrasing relating to foreign policy - I'd be surprised if you go around collecting links to articles on what a person said at any given time, so why you expect me to, I don't know.

In any event - I found one relating to a speech he gave in Saudia Arabia that had cringeworthy moments

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/05/donald-trump-saudi-arabia-terrorism-speech

I also recall a report of him berating a foreign Prime Minister , and what it related to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_100_days_of_Donald_Trump%27s_presidency
Quote:
A February 2 report by The Washington Post claimed that US President Donald Trump berated the Australian, Prime Minister

Trump stated that the 2016 asylum deal was an attempt to export the next Boston bombers to the United States.

I vaguely recall some odd ball insulting comments on China that could also have been more diplomatically put, but can't find any reference to such.

This of course was a couple of years ago, and my main impression was that he really, really needed some lessons in foreign diplomacy.

My impression since, is that he's improved in this regards a great deal since.

That is not a comment on other aspects of his presidency, nor a comment on his ideas relating to tariffs and walls.
0 Replies