Snow Job or Blow Job?

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:47 pm
Which is more disturbing to you - a politician who lies about their policies
(Snow Job) or one who lies about their personal morality (Blow Job). I think most politicians are guilty of one or the other, and in some cases both. I know a couple of names immediately come to mind, but try to think of the more general picture. Could you vote for a person knowing they lied about their politcal motivations? Could you vote for a person knowing they had lied about their personal behavior. Which is the lesser of two evils in your opinion?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,800 • Replies: 54
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:50 pm
Almost voted without reading your post.

Looking at the poll only, the answer is obvious -- and different.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:51 pm
Considering the current administration, you should have had a third option.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:53 pm
You know what's great? getting a blow job and at the critical moment have your balls thrust into ice.

So I guess in that respect I'd like a simultaneous snow job and blow job.

Was that off topic?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:54 pm
I find both of them disturbing. It shows a lack of morals when you cheat on your wife. If you cheat on your wife the person you have sworn to spend the rest of your life together how can you be expected to serve a bunch of people you don't even know?

They both reflect morals. Although I find cheating on one wife worse because of the above reason.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:55 pm
I once asked this same question on another (very different) forum and I was just wondering what kind of answer I would get on this forum.
Lion Tamer - I assume you think my third option should be "all the above".
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:56 pm
It's a good thing politics is about interests not morals...but the two are constantly being mixed together to fool the masses. Oil and water.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:13 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I once asked this same question on another (very different) forum and I was just wondering what kind of answer I would get on this forum.
Lion Tamer - I assume you think my third option should be "all the above".

In the words of Jeff Gannon :

"Correctamundo."
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:16 pm
Brand X wrote:
It's a good thing politics is about interests not morals...but the two are constantly being mixed together to fool the masses. Oil and water.

I saw Donnie Darko the other week. Quite liked it.

If they are not connected how come they have an ethics committee?

The two should not exclusive but they are interlinked. If you have no morals how can you really look over the interests of the people who voted for you? Without morals you would be more willing to look at for your own interests instead of those who you work for.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:41 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Brand X wrote:

I saw Donnie Darko the other week. Quite liked it.

If they are not connected how come they have an ethics committee?

The two should not exclusive but they are interlinked. If you have no morals how can you really look over the interests of the people who voted for you? Without morals you would be more willing to look at for your own interests instead of those who you work for.

In the words of somebody:

"Conundrum."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:43 pm
Irony is not dead, it is just travelling incognito . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 12:25 am
Baldimo wrote:
I find both of them disturbing. It shows a lack of morals when you cheat on your wife. If you cheat on your wife the person you have sworn to spend the rest of your life together how can you be expected to serve a bunch of people you don't even know?

They both reflect morals. Although I find cheating on one wife worse because of the above reason.

IMHO, when you cheat on your wife you are are cheating 1 person and your morals are in question.

When you lie about your policies you are screwing a nation and your ethics are in question.

It is wrong to cheat on your wife, but it is a grave injustice to cheat on a nation.

Your answer was predictable based on your politics. Personal politics should be put aside for a moment and the answer should be based on which is worse for the country in general. I might also ask if cheating on ones wife is worse than lying to a nation is still worse if the husband and wife are in agreement to an open marriage.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 12:47 am
i'm not sure this question matters too much, because whoever is guilty of either offense is probably capable of the other. and even many who are supposedly clean might in reality be simply more cautious than those who get caught.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 01:42 am
Baldimo wrote:

never saw a dog get anybody killed by straying off the porch, myself.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 10:57 am
No one has ever died as a result of a blow job....?
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:42 am
Let's hope not, anyway...
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:54 am
thought i'd died and gone to heaven once.

does that count ?? Laughing
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 05:09 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

IMHO, when you cheat on your wife you are are cheating 1 person and your morals are in question.

When you lie about your policies you are screwing a nation and your ethics are in question.

It is wrong to cheat on your wife, but it is a grave injustice to cheat on a nation.

Your answer was predictable based on your politics. Personal politics should be put aside for a moment and the answer should be based on which is worse for the country in general. I might also ask if cheating on ones wife is worse than lying to a nation is still worse if the husband and wife are in agreement to an open marriage.

It is a sample on your person. You are only in office for a few years you are married for a lifetime. If you can't uphold the really important one then what is to say you wouldn't uphold the temp one? It is always a question of Character.

When you cheat on your spouse you are cheating on more then one person. That is like saying when you divorce your spouse you only affect that one person. That isn't true; you affect your whole family for better or for worse. When you kill someone do you only affect the person you kill or are there others that are affected as well?

Don't think cheating is only a little thing. Are you married? How would you feel if your husband cheated on you?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 05:23 pm
nobody said cheating was good, but there are degrees of bad, and false wars that kill many trump the hell out of lying about a blow job. I don't care who you are or where you're from that's a fact.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 05:45 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
nobody said cheating was good, but there are degrees of bad, and false wars that kill many trump the hell out of lying about a blow job. I don't care who you are or where you're from that's a fact.

Please describe a false war? Bad intelligence or out right lying?

Were you as critical of Clinton when they blew up the bomb making aspirin factory? Or how about when he sent people in Somalia and they died? What was the reason for sending our troops there? How about Kosovo there was bad intelligence on that one as well and we lost troops.
0 Replies