Never Marry a REALLY Hot Men?

Mathos

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 02:44 pm
How many times do your friends need correcting Spendius?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:42 pm
spendius wrote:
Lola:-

Where on earth have I given you the slightest impression that I would address you in the boorish and awkward manner that Mathos does even under another name, which I do not even possess.

I could never understand why you ever toyed with such an idea in the first place but to persist in it only goes to highlight some difference in our cultures which I am unable to fathom.

English gentlemen,such as myself and there are many others,would not think of stooping to such tactics and it as well,in case this thread will one day be read by future historians, to set the record straight once and for all.

Posts under the name spendius,on any thread, are written by myself alone and there are no others under any other name nor will there ever be.I would not even seek to provide proof but where I to do so I am quite sure I could do.

Take it easy with the work.Rubens would not approve.

Well, if it were true, it would be clever, I think. If it were true, you could insult yourself and have a good time of it. I like to think it's true. If not, I apologize to both of you. If it is, I congratulate you (both).
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 08:25 am
Mathos:-

Listen!Thou frigolette.Lola likes "to think it is true" that we two are one, and Lola is a lady and it is up to us therefore to try to fake it to make it look true
because Lola,being a lady and all,is entitled to have what she likes.You can't argue with that.Being an English gentleman about to hatch out.

This is going to take some doing,because though political positions are easily interchanged,literary styles are not.Literary styles are like fingerprints to those who have taken the trouble to learn to read properly.

What we are going to have to do in order to achieve the over-riding objective,which,as you will need reminding,is Lola's satisfaction,is bring our literary styles into congruence so much so that Lola can't tell them apart,or any of her advisers.

You are going to have to learn to think and write like me and I am going to have to learn to think and write like you which should be easy once you can think and write like me which you have to do under the rules of the game because this sentence starts with you having to learn to think and write like me and it takes precedence and has already gone on far too long for my liking so with your permission I will bring it to end at the earliest possible opportunity which is right now.

Please remember that it is not our pride that is at stake but Lola's enjoyment and if you don't learn quickly how to think and write like me it will become glaringly obvious that you have no interest in making any real effort to please Lola whereas I have swallowed my pride and almost would have bitten off my tongue had I not thought better of it at the mere idea of making these suggestions had I not been reminded how important it is for Lola to have what she likes once she has condescended to inform us of exactly what it is.

The above has spendius's fingerprints all over it and a decent sprinkling of his DNA so if you will study it, to see how a real English gentleman compliments Manhattan sophisticates of the opposite gender,and allow it to suffuse your clogged up noggin we may be able to satisfy Lola in this matter if in no others.

The easiest place to start is my punctuation.Once you have mastered that you will be well placed to join the main course and,who knows,in the fullness of time my subtle alchemy that in a trice life's leaden metal into gold transmute may pay dividends or even,speaking in hushed velveteen tones now,ring the bell.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 11:13 am
Hilarious Spendius. Now I have to go back to work.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 02:42 pm
spendius wrote:

Listen!Thou frigolette.Lola likes "to think it is true" that we two are one, and Lola is a lady and it is up to us therefore to try to fake it to make it look true
because Lola,being a lady and all,is entitled to have what she likes.You can't argue with that.Being an English gentleman about to hatch out.

This is going to take some doing,because though political positions are easily interchanged,literary styles are not.Literary styles are like fingerprints to those who have taken the trouble to learn to read properly.

What we are going to have to do in order to achieve the over-riding objective,which,as you will need reminding,is Lola's satisfaction,is bring our literary styles into congruence so much so that Lola can't tell them apart,or any of her advisers.

You are going to have to learn to think and write like me and I am going to have to learn to think and write like you which should be easy once you can think and write like me which you have to do under the rules of the game because this sentence starts with you having to learn to think and write like me and it takes precedence and has already gone on far too long for my liking so with your permission I will bring it to end at the earliest possible opportunity which is right now.

Please remember that it is not our pride that is at stake but Lola's enjoyment and if you don't learn quickly how to think and write like me it will become glaringly obvious that you have no interest in making any real effort to please Lola whereas I have swallowed my pride and almost would have bitten off my tongue had I not thought better of it at the mere idea of making these suggestions had I not been reminded how important it is for Lola to have what she likes once she has condescended to inform us of exactly what it is.

The above has spendius's fingerprints all over it and a decent sprinkling of his DNA so if you will study it, to see how a real English gentleman compliments Manhattan sophisticates of the opposite gender,and allow it to suffuse your clogged up noggin we may be able to satisfy Lola in this matter if in no others.

The easiest place to start is my punctuation.Once you have mastered that you will be well placed to join the main course and,who knows,in the fullness of time my subtle alchemy that in a trice life's leaden metal into gold transmute may pay dividends or even,speaking in hushed velveteen tones now,ring the bell.

Spendius,

I cannot find myself able to appreciate your attempts to have me join your irresponsible, childish and futile complacency assault on Lady Lola, even though she has become rather boring, annoying and repetitious in her meanderings once more.

It would become a profound, internecine struggle of medieval quality. I would much prefer to follow Dante and the spirit of Virgil on a descent into the circles of Hell.

Manhattan sophisticates, did I hear you mention, my, my, my you are more likely to find a bunch of also rans, squatters and n'er do wells in
hock to every credit card company under the sun, double mortgaged and spouting with their mouths full as they chomp away on 12 inch thick burgers, the red sauce they are unable to live without forming patterns of modern art on their beards and Tommy Hillfigger 'T' shirts.

What exactly would you wish to accomplish with this charade 'Dear Chap?'
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 05:00 pm

Now who's thick?

It is obvious the objective which I seek.

It is to win the approval of Lola and have her look kindly upon me without any hopes of any dividend in return.

Is there anything wrong with my ambition?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 02:38 pm
Spendius, there are times 'Dear Chap' many times, when I consider you would be far better employed calculating the decomposition rate of cowpats.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 06:54 pm
The mating dance --- spendius, Lola, ..Mathos? One is subtle, the other obvious. Is spendius the lonely, tortured artist, typing away in his turret?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 04:16 pm
Zane wrote:
The mating dance --- spendius, Lola, ..Mathos? One is subtle, the other obvious. Is spendius the lonely, tortured artist, typing away in his turret?

Zane,

I thank you for your ? regarding myself and any relationship involving 'the mating dance.' With Lola, it would be a consideration of favourable response, after all, she is quite a 'zappy looking' chick, who could be coerced into wearing the black leather high heeled thigh length boots, along with a leather bra, thong, and whip. Even a one off would give her something of reasonable levels to say nothing of her highest ever achieved sexual satisfaction, of that I have no doubt. Friend Spendius, you jest ? It is not so long since he was spouting his love of celibacy, vaunting about never having a hair cut or shave, and being an alcoholic, combined with his 'bogus trickery' and deceit.

Spendius,

I charge you as masquerading in disguise from your position of a genuine Cambridge budget scoffer.

You are using the thread, as you have made considerations that your position is being questioned. I rather think you are a Professor of physics and science in general. You are well read in English literature, but you lack the ability to utilise your readings with panache.

I know, if I am correct you will admit, if I am incorrect, you will enjoy the pleasure of my words and delay your response.

Professor Spendius ! Sounds about right to me !
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 08:51 am
Zane:-

Keep the dream.It's a nice one.Colour it even.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 08:58 am

How I wish I was a prof.They get £70 grand a year plus conveniences for sitting on their butt all day and posing in the pub as superior persons.And an inflation proof pension.

Gee!Being a prof.I bet it's great.

Alas I am but a slave.A microbe in slave mode.That isn't as good as a microbe in Prof.mode is it?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 03:36 pm
Microbe ?

Adam,
Had 'em.

Some new form of microbes were attacking the bodies of men, these microbes however were embodied with intelligence and will....Men attacked by them became at once mad and furious.

I wouldn't have known a Professor was on £70k per annum either... They never like to release figures of income, they are capable of keeping it all hush..hush.

Professor!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 11:35 pm
Standing next to me in this lonely crowd,
Is a man who swears he's not to blame.
All day long I hear him shout so loud,
Crying out that he was framed.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 04:43 pm
spendius wrote:

How I wish I was a prof.They get £70 grand a year plus conveniences for sitting on their butt all day and posing in the pub as superior persons.And an inflation proof pension.

Gee!Being a prof.I bet it's great.

Alas I am but a slave.A microbe in slave mode.That isn't as good as a microbe in Prof.mode is it?

I can only speak for professors in America - but I have a feeling it is not too different across the pond.

Professors are not paid to teach - they are paid to write. I think if you looked at the publication load of these professors who are trying to publish semi-original work on a yearly basis I would bet you would change thier mind about thier work load.

Publishing, or writing something someone will publish is one of the hardest things to do, in my opinion. I know when I was writing my Thesis for grad school I would run into full time professors in the library at 1 and 2 am in the library researching a book or journal article.

These were people that had tenure for years, yet they are expected to publish. What you might be seeing, in the pubs, is not what the reality quite often is.

However, from the outside in it looks all rosy. It seems many jobs are like that.

When you are a professor at the College level (as opposed to the University level) you are not paid to write - you are paid to teach. I have a 5 load of 30 students every 16 weeks (every 8 weeks in the summer). I know for certain after being a middle manager and a U.S. Marine throughout my 20's that I work as hard or harder now than I did then. But that might be because I am just plain getting older.

I see quite often prof's begging for a 9-5 and the 'work-a-day-man' begging for a job like mine with a flesible and differing schedule.

6 to 1 = 1/2 dozen to the other.

TTF
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 04:48 pm
Well if it's so tough you would expect them to be short handed and,in the interests of the nation,I hereby offer my services.I can take pressure.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 04:54 pm
1) There is no shortage of Crab fisherman either - despite that job killing nearly the most per capita than any other job on the planet.

2) Have you ever heard of the American Indian saying that: "You should walk a mile in a man's moccasins..." ?

3) Why don't you get the degree's and start publishing and teaching. It is not like you have to be nominated to a special club. Wink

TTF
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:13 am
Hot men are sounding pretty good to me right now......who needs to marry one?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:16 am
I don't need a hot man - I need a well educated, well groomed, well mannered and well rounded one. That's all I ask.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:22 am
Hot is all I ask........well educated and intelligent are a dime a dozen.....
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:25 am
Do you think Tom Cruise is hot? I used to, until he came up with his scientology religious issues. Now I think he's a bit crazy.
0 Replies