Never Marry a REALLY Hot Men?

spendius

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 06:47 am
It was a big survey published a few weeks back.It found that Americans took 7 minutes on the whatsit.
We Brits scored 7.5 mins.
I posted a link to the main article and there was a bit of a fuss but it's all died down now.
I took the once a fortnight from another survey.
Obviously it won't apply to you in any way because it was an average.

There's an old chestnut in England that if one puts a chalk mark on the bed-head every time one makes love in the first year of marriage and then rubs one out everytime one makes love thereafter
one never rubs them all out.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:18 am
Never believe chestnuts...

Is it supposed to be make love to your husband/wife, or...?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:31 am
Francis, do you think it is appropriate to use the same bed for husband/wife or...?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:33 am
Was it supposed to be the same bed also, or..?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:33 am
Well of course.Whoever heard of anybody making love to anyone else in the first year of marriage.
Somebody did a survey of how many women had only ever had the one lover.The result took media by surprise by how high it was.I can't remember but I think it was up in the 70%.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:36 am
Do you suggest they were lying?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:45 am
No, of course not! Women never lie.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:53 am
Not at all.I know loads of women who married their childhood sweetheart and who wouldn't even think of taking another lover.

Aren't we provincials boring?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 05:10 pm
spendius wrote:
Not at all.I know loads of women who married their childhood sweetheart and who wouldn't even think of taking another lover.

Now that is truly romantic - that is what I call the perfect marraige, the perfect love. I would consider myself the luckiest if I was in that situation and my husband and I were both happy for the rest of our lives.

Idealistic... Confused
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 05:50 am
It is actually the norm outside those areas where the movers and shakers oscillate and where media is generated.There's nothing idealistic about it.You have had your perceptions distorted by reading too many women's magazines or such like which naturally attract abnormal people.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:29 pm
spendius wrote:
You have had your perceptions distorted by reading too many women's magazines or such like which naturally attract abnormal people.

<yawwwwn.>

Oh, I don't know. If you could accuse me of jumping in with rubbish, you could accuse me of being abnormal and just about everything else and be convinced you are right about it. That's up to you. But since you don't know about the underlying reasons for my post, I think you should stop assuming rubbish.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:37 pm
spendius wrote:

Why, yes, indeed.
Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 03:19 am
Quote:
spendius wrote:

Why, yes, indeed.
Thanks for asking.

E.

There's an old Chinese curse which goes-"may you live in interesting times".

Boring is best.I like being bored and boring.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 04:00 am
Pragmatic-

spendius wrote:
You have had your perceptions distorted by reading too many women's magazines or such like which naturally attract abnormal people.

<yawwwwn.>

Oh, I don't know. If you could accuse me of jumping in with rubbish, you could accuse me of being abnormal and just about everything else and be convinced you are right about it. That's up to you. But since you don't know about the underlying reasons for my post, I think you should stop assuming rubbish.

It's an odd sort of <yawwwwn> that causes you to pop out with 7 lines.With 7 lines it is reasonable to assume that you weren't yawning and then <yawwwwn> is transmuted into a falsehood which doesn't bode well for the rest of it.It is being interested in expressing a lack of interest when words fail.

I meant that media attracts abnormal people.Would you dispute that?

I can't be expected to understand "underlying reasons" for a post.I am aware that public prints are sometimes used by certain groups to pass messages to each other with what look to be innocuous word forms to those not in the party.

The gist of what I was saying is that there are millions of boring people who get married and stay married and live an ordinary existence and that their views never get heard because they don't sell newspapers and TV.

I was merely putting out a batsqueak in the cacophony of the interesting and exciting who are mainly urban movers and shakers with media connections and who seem to me to present a distorted picture.

Not unlike gratuitous and unwarranted barracking on the Questions thread and then slipping away from the mess.That constitutes something similar to a brick through the window.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 08:47 pm
Spendius, I'm not going to reply to your post - there's so much against it that its a waste of time to reply to it at all.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 12:16 am
Good.
0 Replies

world cup cricket update

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:04 am
replying to the title of this post, i would marry him if is honest and doesn't care he is HOT.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:36 am
wccu-

Nice.Isn't cricket a civilising influence?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 06:01 pm
Now Spendi.......are you acting up again? Our mutual friend, Bernie (MG) is ok now, but he had a heart attack early this morning and he's in the hospital now. Here's the link if you want to keep up with the details.

Sorry I've been away so long. I've had a very busy six weeks. Now you must try to get along with others, ok?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57423&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 11:43 am
Lola-

I.m sorry to hear about MG.I hope he's going to be okay and things will improve.
0 Replies