With a love for the liquor, poor Tim was born
To help him on with his work each day,
He'd a drop of the crayture every morn

Wack-fol-de-dol, now
Dance to your partner
Welt the floor, your trotters shake
Wasn't it the truth I told ya
Lots of fun at Finnegan's wake ! ! !

Yes, Boss, i am familiar with that "gentle Irishman, mighty odd" in both incarnations--street song and protean Joycian protagonist (bien fait, ça, n'est-ce pas?).

I have been scolded for going on at length in threads about the codes which one uses to achieve the effects to which you allude, so i will suggest that you look in the "Forum Help" forum to find threads which will explain it all, and i'll keep out of trouble that way.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:31 am
C.J.

Well-with a fissog like what you 'ave on display,which I can 'ardly stand to look at,impolite
is well flagged up.That is deliberate,provocative gurneying.

In "some of my posts" I am trying to be impolite.

If the QE doesn't come naturally to you don't you think it might be a good idea to try to make it do so?I can't see any downside.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:39 am
Well sweetheart, get used to it - the avatar stays! You just have to ignore me from now on.

Indeed, there is no downside in trying to speak a second language fluently, not at all. What I consider impolite is your complaint thereof, if is not up to your command of the
English language. Big difference.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:00 pm
spendius wrote:
Mailer has tried to bang it into us for years.He banged it into me.

Dearest Spendius,

This is the most American of passages you have ever written. Perhaps there is hope for you yet, old chap! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:03 pm
eoe wrote:
If he doesn't realize that he's hot, it can be very sweet.

Funny, its sort of the same for girls(or should I say women?). They usually learn all to early they are hot though.

The power of a smile and a batted eyelash. And strangely enough, this is what often ruins them, if they abuse it. Of course, guys are guilty of the same and worse.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:06 pm
spendius wrote:
If the QE doesn't come naturally to you don't you think it might be a good idea to try to make it do so?I can't see any downside.

Surely you jest?

If I walk into some parts of my town speaking perfect Queen's English, I will most likely get beat up or propositioned by very feminine men, or both.
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:13 pm
Setanta wrote:
Tcis, the reference to the title is just a joke arising from the error in the title of the thread about "hot women"--which had a singular article, and the plural noun.

It was just a bit of silliness, and i wasn't suggesting you had made an error. In fact, your original title was correct, and the noun agreed with the article.

But please carry on . . . which is, of course, what Spendius has justdone . . . and good morning/afternoon to you, Spendius, you cantankerous old Sassenach . . .

Setanta,
I know, I was just playing along with the gag.

As for sweet Spendius, I agree with EM, his "He banged it in to me" sentence is a classic.

Spendius, are you sure you're not American girl posing as an Englishman?
But wait. Of course. I'm sorry. How could I have forgotten? American girls and English men are roughly equivalent. Perhaps thats why American girls often like Englishmen--the curious ones can have a near lesbian experience without actually going so far as to be with another woman by simply being with an Englishman!

Its a joke, okay people??? Twisted Evil EM, aren't you glad I took the heat for such a comment for once? Saved you.

Now excuse me while I run for cover from the Englishmen and American Women! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 12:53 pm
extra medium wrote:
eoe wrote:
If he doesn't realize that he's hot, it can be very sweet.

Funny, its sort of the same for girls(or should I say women?). They usually learn all to early they are hot though.

The power of a smile and a batted eyelash. And strangely enough, this is what often ruins them, if they abuse it. Of course, guys are guilty of the same and worse.

That's the difference. Most women know they're hot because men are all over them from the time they're twelve years old. Guys, on the other hand, don't always get that much outward attention (most women are not as forward) so sometimes a hot guy doesn't realize just how hot he is.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:09 pm
tcis:-

I have never been told what a c*** I am with more style and verve than that.If you are a dyke we should get along real fine.

I suppose it depends on what "being with" means.

When you are "with" an educated and refined English gentleman you would not know he was there he is so self effacing.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:14 pm
The trouble with Mailer is that he renders all these metaphysical threads obsolete.He has shredded every notion imaginable and some you wouldn't dream up in a million years.

Which is to say,a favourite phrase of Mr Miller,he is very efficient in the time and motion study department.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:15 pm
spendius wrote:
When you are "with" an educated and refined English gentleman you would not know he was there he is so self effacing.

Wow, I am getting turned on just thinking about it.

Don't tell the American girls here your address, they'll be hanging around your doorstep in a heartbeat.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:15 pm
I prefer a hot man, unless he's had Stilton.

Hot men are best in winter. Then the thermostat can be turned down. Waaaaaaay down.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:16 pm
Got anyone in particular in mind, Miss Girl ?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:16 pm
Are you nekkid?

In that case, yes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:17 pm
These pants are off in a moment . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:18 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:18 pm
omigawd, i think they need to make this thread password protected for a few moments
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:19 pm
Couple of hours, you should say . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:19 pm
Wait a minute!

When did you get pants?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:20 pm