Never Marry a REALLY Hot Men?

Ethel2

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 04:12 pm
Mathos, have you read Salammbo? If so, when? Thank you very much.

EM.......for my taste, nothing beats New Zealand Savingnon Blanc from the Marborough district. Nothing that I've tasted so far, that is.

But I like my wine to have a little tart bite. I would, don't you think?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 05:40 pm
I wouldn't mind a tart bite myself at the moment.

It can be as tarty as you like but take it easy with the bite.Please.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 05:41 pm
<smiling faintly>
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 06:42 pm
spendius wrote:
I wouldn't mind a tart bite myself at the moment.

It can be as tarty as you like but take it easy with the bite.Please.

This tart only bites hard.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:34 pm
Mathos wrote:
pragmatic wrote:
Learning yeah...but I didn't mean to get everyone arguing over this issue and in a huff. Sorry, sorry sorry.

I do not consider you guilty of having to be sorry at all Pragmatic.

Well thanks for that. (and for not swearing, unlike the spoonerisms thread.) :wink:
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 01:48 pm
Lola wrote:
Mathos, have you read Salammbo? If so, when? Thank you very much.

EM.......for my taste, nothing beats New Zealand Savingnon Blanc from the Marborough district. Nothing that I've tasted so far, that is.

But I like my wine to have a little tart bite. I would, don't you think?

Now Lola,
Of course i have read Salammbo, many moons ago I admit, and yes, your undertones, searching again, Ah she say's...Spendius and Matho ? No it be Spendius and Mathos, Mathos being of Greek origin and has nothing whatsoever to do with Salammbo. I hope that clarifies the situation and eases your mind. Better you delve on the section with the description of the young naked dusky maiden, that be a classic description indeed.

If you really enjoy a quality white wine my Dear Lola, I recommend a bottle of any white from the Tracy Vineyard in France. You should be able to order a case from any reputable merchant, indeed it may be held in stock in Manhattan itself. I would advise you to check. It is worth searching for, if you have any difficulty use your PC to locate a supplier, good descriptions coupled with recommendations will be available on line, of that I have no doubt. Should you have difficulty, let me know, I will go out of my way to select, wrap and post you a superb bottle of my choice, from my own cellar.

One may consider a tart bite to be an extremity one may associate with a drinker of bourbon or methylated spirits, I will take pleasure in educating you in how best to appreciate the soft gun smoked flavour and aroma of a truly palatable drink fit for the gods.
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:53 pm
Mathos wrote:
extra medium wrote:
Mathos wrote:
Lennon was working on it EM-

Mark Chapman wasted him. Did you never wonder why?

Point, Mathos.

We don't crucify rebel spiritual leaders these days, we assassinate them for the most part (some are crucified in the media)--but most are assassinated:

John Lennon, Gandhi, Martin Luther King...

Why you ask? I think its something in the human pysche. We like to kill the savior.

Why do you think Chapman killed him? Fear of a breakthrough?

Didn't he leave Honolulu/Hawaii with his gun, cross the mainland, with his gun, find Lennon, shoot him dead with his gun outside the Dakota building, whilst carrying a copy of Holden Caulfield's 'Catcher In The Rye?

Maybe the powers that be thought John was diverting some of his cash to a movement. A movement that was not appreciated by themselves.

Mathos wrote:
LionTamerX wrote:
Mathos wrote:

Do you know who shot JFK?

Kennedy wasn't shot...his head just exploded.

Mystery solved.

Well you would say that from the Dallas sash window, overlooking the motorcade.

Is that a Russian rifle?

Well Deep Throat was revealed. Things happen in 3s, here's #2 for now:

Something is rotten in Denmark...er Britain.

You know all of this detail about fairly arcane modern American Pop History, and you claim on another thread to never have heard of Bob Dylan?

I call bullshyte, sir!

Not possible. You know all this about the intricacies of Holden Caulfield's 'Catcher In The Rye?, Lennon and where he lived, Chapman and assassination? And yet you've never heard of Bob Dylan? No frigging way. You are putting everyone on. Nice try. Some of us are not quite that dense...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Its been nice knowing you, you invented character.

And I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash--Its a gas, gas, gas.

Please to meet you, won't you guess my name?

The Emperor Is Wearing No Clothes, Indeed

Adieu, Sir, Goodbye

Your socks and underwear are showing. Goodbye! Twisted Evil

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1373748#1373748

Mathos wrote:
The gardener passed away recently which was a nuisance at this time of year especially. However, life must go on. He had no known next of kin and I passed his details onto my legal advisers to issue the procedural newspaper advertisements which will undoubtedly result in un-warranted intrusion onto my estate. It was necessary to supervise the emptying of his accommodation cottage set in a pleasant glade some six hundred yards to the west of The Gate Lodge which accommodates the caretaker and his partner who secures a reasonable level of benefits acting as my gamekeeper.
Mrs Ellis my senior housekeeper located amongst the clutter of empty Park Drive packets, half completed puzzle books, empty cider bottles and various tools of the trade which should have been stored in the grounds maintenance building, a selection of Bob Dylan records which I decided to have sent up to the house. They were the only articles in the place which were deemed reasonable in not being liner bagged and stored in the timber shed which stands alone by the cottage. Some of the titles found amongst this collection appealed to my inquisitive nature.
Positively 4th Street
Masters Of War
Its all over now baby blue
Standing on the highway
Talking bear mountain picnic massacre blues
Like a rolling stone
The times they are a changing
I'll be your baby tonight
Highway 61 revisited.

I played a selection of this music and experienced great difficulty in actually being able to understand the lyrics, it appeared the vocalist Dylan, if you wish to refer to him in that name was attempting to put a message across. I checked him out in my universal dictionary and apart from telling me he was using an alias from his original title of Robert Allen Zimmerman born in USA. He is referred to as a singer and songwriter. His protest songs with their plaintive surrealism made him a notable figure in music industry in the mid 1960'sa. Can any of you philosophers enlighten me regarding this character, who has stirred my interests ?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:57 pm
You remind me of Cyracuz?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:43 pm
Some might think that Deep Throat was a really hot women. But I think there's a possibility she was just very hungry. Would any of you mins marry her? Did anyone else besides me see the movie? I saw it in a theater in Times Square in 1973. Actually, I saw it twice. Very funny name for the whistle blower of Watergate.

There are no more theaters with movies like that in Times Square anymore........thank goodness.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:47 pm
Quote:
No it be Spendius and Mathos, Mathos being of Greek origin and has nothing whatsoever to do with Salammbo

Yeah.....right. Sure. We believe him, don't we? I'm onto you, dearie. See you in the "coffee shop." The last person who referred to my coffee shop was Spendi. Sweet Spendi, annoying Mathos. Interesting, I'll admit.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 06:14 am
Lola;-

I'm sweetest sprinkled on the porrige first thing.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:21 am
that would be salty......and maybe that is the best descriptor for you. I do like salt much better than sugar anyway.

Mr. Mathos, whoever he is, is from the mud pubble
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:40 pm
Lola wrote:
Mr. Mathos, whoever he is, is from the mud pubble

Now your starting to loose it Lola ! Earlier than I would have considered too.

You may recall a saying'

"Sticks and stones,
May break my bones.
But words,
Would never hurt me."

Surely you can call on your powers of feminity to be realistic with literature, and show us might of being right. Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:32 pm
very funny Spendi
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:43 pm
As long as you consider Spendius and myself to be one and the same, we will not make progress.

Spendius = Spendius

Mathos = Mathos

There is no trickery, no game. Besides, the 'oaf' is not of any significant use to man nor beast.

You are losing it Lola.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:52 am
Mathos:-

Lola must have it in order to be losing it.That's a lot better than not having it in the first place.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:47 am
I'm sorry playmates I cannot play with you.....my dolly's got the flu boo hoo boo hoo boo hoo

see y'all later. Gotta work
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:49 am
Lola:-

Where on earth have I given you the slightest impression that I would address you in the boorish and awkward manner that Mathos does even under another name, which I do not even possess.

I could never understand why you ever toyed with such an idea in the first place but to persist in it only goes to highlight some difference in our cultures which I am unable to fathom.

English gentlemen,such as myself and there are many others,would not think of stooping to such tactics and it as well,in case this thread will one day be read by future historians, to set the record straight once and for all.

Posts under the name spendius,on any thread, are written by myself alone and there are no others under any other name nor will there ever be.I would not even seek to provide proof but where I to do so I am quite sure I could do.

Take it easy with the work.Rubens would not approve.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 10:40 am
oh bother!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:22 pm
Lola:-

No need to bother.It's nuthin'.It was distracting.
0 Replies