Please Help! My wife is fed UP!!!!

L05T

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:56 am
Hi I have been married for 3 years now and together with my wife we have a 2 year old girl, I went out with my wife for 3 years before we got married so we have been together for a total of 6 years now, I love my wife very much and admit that lately I haven't paid that much attention to her as I have been stressed with my job and trying to provide as much as I can, the problem is about 3 months ago she told me I don't help her enough around the house so as soon as she told me this I actually did start to help, now 3 weeks and a half ago she tells me she is fed up and I do not give her the attention and love she needs, since she told me this I have been trying my hardest to make this up to her, I stopped taking work home and help more around the house but she still barely speaks to me. When I ask her how she feels because I see her a little upset she tells me she doesn't want to give me confidence as she claims she knows I am going to go back to how I was before. I really want to keep her and am trying my hardest but I don't know what else to do. We are currently getting proffesional help but when we get home she is still able to turn the whole thing around on me and tells me. I am so confused, just yesterday she gave me a peck on the cheek than a couple hours later I asked her something and she just blew up at me, I try to hold her hand and she doesn't let me, she doesn't let me get close to her. Please help me as I love this woman with my life and will do anything to not lose her. so any type of feedback would be helpful.

Thanks Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,170 • Replies: 3
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:50 am
Okay. I'll take a stab at this.

I think its the "trying to provide as much as you can" thing that is the problem.

Not everything is about money. It sounds to me like what your wife wants you to provide is yourself.

Ask yourself this: Do you REALLY want to spend more time with your family? If so, what are you willing to sacrifice to be able to do that? Really think about it, think about it hard.

Then, sit down with your wife and say "I want to spend more time with you and our child. If we move to a smaller house/downgrade our car/quit eating out/whatever to save money I should be able to spend less time working and more time with you. What are YOU willing to sacrifice to make that happen?"

Hear what she has to say, negotiate the details.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:00 pm
It sounds to me as though your wife has been hoarding resentment for a long, long time.

Can you offer her one guaranteed day every week when you are available for whatever she wants? Babysitting? Heavy cleaning? Family outing? Getting the yard in shape?

Make the offer--and follow through. Remember, change takes time--and so does believing in change.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:04 pm
why not print out your post and give it to her. Why ask us?
0 Replies