Youth culture

Nelly69

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:10 pm
Hello, my name's Nelly.I need some help for an exam in English ...I need to learn more about youth culture. In particular I have two questions to answer :
What influences young people today?
How much do young people influence society as a whole?
Thank you in advance! I can't find very much on the net Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 497 • Replies: 2
No top replies

marce771

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 06:17 pm
1. I feel that things that are relevant to their life mostly influence youngsters. In other words, young people identify with and are motivated by things that are pertinent to them. For example, they identify with real life situation, which are related to their culture and social background. Since technology is part of our daily life, they are influenced by technology etc. Shortly, young people are attracted and motivated by things that are of interest to them.
2. Young people influence society a lot. The way young people act and the things they do influence not only other youngsters but the whole society as well. The life style in school might depend on how young people behave and their motivation. We could say the same thing for our society, and the life style of young people influences life style in a particular society positively or negatively.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 12:29 am
I would add to Marce's point number two that in the industrialized world, young people have an emormous purchasing power, which means that a great deal of "pop culture" is produced by communications media for the express purpose of advertising to that lucrative market.
0 Replies