my mom and dad

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:33 am
I dont c any forum for children to post their views. am 20 now. today morning one of my friends did a normal visit to my house asusual. when v were chattin in my room, there was a small argument between my mom and dad.i think tats very usual in every family .there were some shoutings.
My friend was hearing all those craps. I wasnt able to bear the shame. I dont say anything if they argue. But y should they do the same when others are there in the home?? Will they accept if i shout or misbehave when any of their friends or elder relatives are home??
After my friend went, i shouted at my parents to behave normally when others are there in the house. Both were against me saying that its normal to discuss family issues .
But it was very shameful for me facing my friend at that moment. I want some solution for this?? How can i approach this problem and stop my parents arguing when others are there , particularly when my friends are there in my home. Basically am ver soft by nature when moving along with my friends. I guess tat my friends might feel the difference between me and my parents when such an incident takes place in my home.
Please help me !!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 718 • Replies: 13
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:49 am
vikikivi

Are there lots of arguments at home when just you are there? Were they behaving as they'd "normally" behave, despite your friend being there?
0 Replies

vikikivi

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:51 am
Yes. It was an usual fight. But i dont like it when one of my friend is in home. But they are not taking my word.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:56 am
I can really understand that you'd feel embarrassed about your parents behaving that way in front of your friend. You don't want other people to see this, do you? But it must be very hard on you, too, this constant fighting. It must upset you, yes? Why are they fighting so much, do you think?
0 Replies

vikikivi

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:06 am
Tats some family matter reg one of our relatives. I never involve myselves in such crap discussions. Its enuf if v talk about our family and the good things in other family. Y should v talk about the bad things in other family and due to difference of opinions , get small arguments into big fight like this.
This was all due to a gossip. Is there way to stop that nonsense?? Confused
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:10 am
Have you ever tried to tell your parents how their fighting makes you feel?
I mean, really honestly ... that it's really upsetting for you?
0 Replies

vikikivi

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:13 am
Yes. Many times.
Hey, 2 b true, am really feeling somewat relieved after speaking out my problem to u. Let me try once more to speak to my parents regarding this.
0 Replies

vikikivi

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:20 am
A sweet person out there replying to me . THANX A LOT !!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:44 am
vikikivi

Hey, the next time you try to talk to your parents about this, pick a time when they're NOT fighting & things are relatively quiet. Then try telling them as calmly as you can how the fighting makes you feel. Be honest. You never know, if everyone is calm they might just see your side of things a bit better. Most parents don't want to make their kids' lives a misery, you know! :wink:

Good luck! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:10 am
I agree with msolga and I wish you good luck in getting through to your parents.

Welcome to A2K vikikivi :-D
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:29 am
vikikivi- I know that it is embarrassing, but remember, you are NOT responsible for your parents' behavior. If they insist on fighting when there are other people in the house, it is THEY who are making fools of themselves, not you.
0 Replies

vikikivi

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 09:33 am
Will surely do this and let u all know wat happend. Thanx a lot
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:36 am
Well good luck, vikikivi! Very Happy Let us know how it goes!
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:09 pm
I was embarrassed by parental behavior while I still lived at home, too, and now I see that the best solution would have been for me to move out as soon as I was old enough insted of waiting a few years like I did. Why don't you move out? Are there reasons why you're still at home and you're 20? Not asking to be nosy, just to suggest that you ask yourself that... it might seem like a good idea to stay at home, but IMO it's usually not.
0 Replies