Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 10:10 am
World Health Organization

The "mysterious pneumonia" of China has become a world-wide health issue. There are emergency travel guidelines. Careful everyone. Thanks to Ul for the link.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,269 • Replies: 5
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:24 pm
More info on SARS cases world wide and a less dramatic projection for it's spread.

More Info
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 06:10 am
Sounds like it's caused by a mycoplasma variant.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 06:24 pm
I asked my doc a few Qs about flu shots and the flus progression around the world. She said, as I'd heard before, that they always start in China and that gives the rest of the world time to develop new vaccines each year. I'd heard this before and I still couldn't wrap my head around WHY. Why does it ALWAYS start in China? This article sheds some light on the subject, but not enough for my mind.

Why the bugs start there
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 08:09 pm
Influenza frequently moves between animal and human populations. The closeness of farming communities in Asia with their domestic animals means that there's always a reservior or 'infectable' animals/people for the bugs.

From farm to the big cities of Asia, then via airlines along trade routes to the rest of the world.
0 Replies

5PoF

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:16 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=204733#204733

I posted my stuff there...I think the fact that SARS continues to spread at a high rate compared to at first, (still above 100), even while they are doing as much as they are, shows that it can spread far worse should it get out.

But over the next week we shall see if they really contained it as they think, or not, for the trend seems to be a slight up//down followed by a higher up then a lower down and so it's drop from 200+ to 100+ could mean it's ready to rebound permanently up to 300+ a day, just yesterday it was at 364 abouts which could be signs to come.
0 Replies