I didn’t notice that this guy liked me and now I’ not sure if he still likes me or not..

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2019 09:59 pm
Hello, I am new to this forum and I came here for help. Let me create a timeline of events. So, I am new at this grocery job, I work in the bakery section of the store. The guy works at the front where customer service and the cash registers are. I was closing one night and was heading out the door for the night. I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye. The next time we saw each other was when I was closing again. Closing is when u clean up ur work station basically. Anyways, he came over to the bakery and introduced himself to me and I noticed that it was the same guy that stared at me when I left the night before. His hand was really warm and enveloped my hand. He asked me if he could borrow something from the bakery and I said yes. Later that night he said ‘bye’ to me. He didn’t return the thing that I let him borrow, but I was too shy to ask for it back because he was leaving. I don’t know if this will help with the story but, I have social anxiety and sometimes my depression gets really bad. It makes it hard for me to talk to people.

After that he got a haircut, his hair was kind of a bowl cut back then but now its like short and slicked back. He started to say ‘hi *my name*!’ every time he sw me. And I was surprised bc ppl usually forget me bc im so quiet and reserved. But he didn’t, and I thought that was pretty neat. Alas, I was to scared to say his name back to him, for I feared that my voice would be much to quiet for him to hear. I would say hi back though. But on the week of Easter he if ignored me entirely, I noticed that his body would sometimes lurch forward when he passed by me. I thought he would trip but he never did. It made me really sad bc it’s possible that he got sick of being the one to initiate a social interaction with me. But I couldn’t help it, my voice was stuck in my chest and I didn’t think he liked me at the time bc i thought he was just a nice person being nice and stuff.

I realized that before he started to ignore me that week he would always find a reason to come back to the bakery to borrow something or to ask for help for something, like a product that the bakery carried. Maybe it was a coincidence that I was there all those times.

There was one week where I didn’t see him and I realized that I missed him, and I was confused because I didn’t know that I was starting to develop romantic feelings for him. After that week passed and I saw him as I was about to leave and I couldn’t help but smile at him, I couldn’t control my happiness. He saw me smile at him and smiled back and said ‘hi *my name*’ in a kind of dreamy tone. I was so distracted by him that I forgot to clock out of work.

Okay now it’s the present, June 17, 2019.. and he avoids me, at least it feels like that, when I hear his voice through the intercom he sounds kind of angry? Frustrated perhaps? I feel terrible but I am not really sure what to do.. my depression is coming back and I feel useless and not good enough. I like him back, but I don’t know if he is still interested in me or not.. sometimes he will stare at me intensely and I blush super hard:( I turn so red when he’s close to me...

jespah

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 04:03 am
@SeaLi0n49,
I sincerely hope you are getting professional help with your depression.

Talk to your therapist (I hope you have one) about your shyness, because it is crippling you. The remedy for thinking your voice is too soft is not to clam up. The real remedy is to speak louder.

Your anxiety is keeping you from getting the things you want out of life.

Does this guy like you? Did he? I have no idea. And neither do you, until you can start to say more than one syllable to him at a time.
SeaLi0n49

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 11:14 am
@jespah,
Thank u 4 the reply, i actually set up an appointment to see a therapist today😄
jespah

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 11:28 am
@SeaLi0n49,
Yay! *throws confetti*
0 Replies

Moneypenny78

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2023 08:44 am
@SeaLi0n49,
Hi, apologies for the VERY late reply to your msg - I am sure you have probably totally moved on by now, one way or the other! I only just came on here with a similar problem, looking for advice. But thank you for such a concise explanation to your problem at the time - & I really just wanted to say how I totally identified with your issue & your shyness & social anxiety - & also, what an unempathic uncaring & feeling person that was the only one who replied to your msg 😞 How mean are some people?! 😖 I just hope that you got help with everything & are much better now. I am in a bit of a (similar) situation now myself. But looking at things as you stated them, I would have said that guy was most definitely & sincerely in to you (I may have been wrong though! 😆) xx
jespah

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2023 10:54 am
@Moneypenny78,
Where, exactly, was I mean in telling this poster (years ago) that therapy could help them?
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2023 11:09 am
@SeaLi0n49,
Just conversation, with the person, find something in common and invite them over to your place, or whatever.

There is a variety of reasons why. Like his parents might suck. He might have etc. He is alternate goals.

Important thing is that he is not in a gang, divorced/with children, or was in jail for a high-offense ( like murder ).
0 Replies