Is consuming a lot of probiotic yogurt BAD for you?

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 04:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hi Tsar. I stopped doing that. All that sugar is not good for anyone. I am willing to bet my nutritionist would tell me not to consume all 8 drinks that come in a pack at a time. Those little yogurt drink containers I was referring to are less than one pint full each. They are about the size of your thumb.

The 8-packs look something like this:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/s36/MAvericker/1/de68b5f3-ad7e-4ccc-98f7-7f166a69fa69-original.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

If I want yogurt I can simply buy plain yogurt and if I want mix it with unsweetened applesauce.

You have to be careful what kind of berries you consume too. Blueberries and cranberries are full of antioxidants, which are supposed to be good for energy, but these berries are high in acid.

chai2

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 08:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

but these berries are high in acid.

Do you have problems with acid in foods?

BTW, I can see from your pic that each container is 3.1 fluid ounces (thumb size varies). So 8 of them are 24.8 fl ounces, about a pint and a half (a pint is a pound the world around)

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 08:33 pm
@chai2,
Too much sugar and/or acid is BAD for your teeth.
chai2

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 08:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm glad you are going to see this nutritionist goldman.

Some of your ideas are very mixed up.

You might want to change your mind about putting apple in your yogurt, as apples have more acid than blueberries.

You do realize you can swish some water around in your mouth to rinse off your teeth, right?

There is not one food on this planet that someone can't find a problem with it.

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 09:32 pm
@chai2,
Thank you. I have a lot of dietary and nutritional concerns anyway.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2019 09:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
3.1 fluid oz 8 pack
INGREDIENTS
Cultured Grade A Reduced Fat Milk, Cane Sugar, Water, Contains Less than 1% of: Acacia Gum, Modified Food Starch, Vegetable Juice (For Color), Natural Flavors, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Vitamin D3.
Read more at https://www.activia.us.com/probiotic-drinks/dailies-probiotic-drinks/strawberry#c78mMfXQhvPq1y8z.99

The ingredient for yogurt is milk. Everything else in that list is to make it taste like candy so you will buy more.
0 Replies