OSCAR PICKS - Make Your Oscar Picks here

Booman

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 03:24 pm
Pdiddie,
...any truth to the rumor that Em, is up for the NOW Magazine, Man of the Year? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 03:26 pm
I heard he was up for "Best Dressed" sponsored by GQ...
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 03:39 pm
............................Wedding Announcement............................

...The Bushes would like to invite you to a double wedding; Their daughters, to Marshall Mathers lll, and Roman Polanski.

Newly ordained Reverend L. Flynt will be presiding.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 07:25 pm
Poor Halle! I think there was nothing she could have done under the circumstances. With the exception of someone like Jennifer Gardner or giant economy size Nicole Kidman, perhaps, Brody could have been able to grab any one of the female presenters. Catherine Zeta-Jones' advanced state of pregnancy might have resulted in a medical emergency had Brody grabbed her. Actress delivers on stage at Academy Award extravaganza!!
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 08:11 pm
Seriously, it's show business. People kiss,.... in the mouth! My immediate thought was that, in his glee and exuberance he accidently did it a little hard. She probably forgot it as soon as the soreness went away.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 08:52 pm
Regarding the kiss, Halle Berry didn't appear angry, and waltzed off the stage happily with him. I can imaging being enchanted. But that's an interesting situation; she could have been angry, perhaps even should have been, and that would mean she would start to fight him off. Um, in front of how many millions? Plus, he said something as well, something about his reward, or prize. Hmmm.

Or, scenario two, she could have gone limp and dragged him over, moving into comedy...

Or, scenario three, don't all those actresses know karate?

I don't dislike him for it, and I thought his speech was excellent. But he doesn't get to do that twice.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 09:46 am
Let's face it: The Academy Awards show is really public ... BIG time public ... so the kiss was totally without intimacy but totally dramatic, even hystrionic. A show biz gesture for a show biz occassion. Besides, in an interview, Brody did say he would like to do something romantic for his next role. After all, who wants to look forward to being underweight and slightly green ... particularly when you're under 30!
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:15 pm
So...Ossobuco, and Plainoldme, did what I say in my last post, make any sense to you, at all? Shocked
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:19 pm
Made sense to me, booman. Actors kiss each other all the time, not like that, of course, but Halle seemed to handle it quite gracefully - and if her husband had a fight with every actor she had a love scene with, he'd be a busy guy...
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:30 pm
Hell.....She got humped by Billy Bob Thorton, while buck nekkid, for crissakes!!!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:32 pm
good point
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:18 pm
I'm remiss:

...I forgot to mention two very enteraining commercials, I saw on the Oscar show; 1) The Beyonce Knowles, pepsi spot , when she did 'Carmen".- very well done. 2) The Sharon Stone, AOL Broadband commercial.- sexy and funny. ...... Okay, so did anyone who paid attention to these two spots, notice a hell of a coincidence? I didn't notice untilt he next day, upon seeing the AOL spot for the second time...."Carmen" was playing in the background. Shocked
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:41 am
Booman,
When you posted about your last message, did you mean the one in which you said Brody may have kissed Berry a little too hard? What was there to get?

Besides, its not just actors who kiss in greeting ... I've been in different circles where people kiss, sometimes women do it among women, and, sometimes, men who are in high status positions do it toward women ... a sort of pack animal thing, done in a gentlemanly way, often asking permission before hand.

Did not watch any of the commercials ... used that valuable time to pour wine, wash my face, hand wash my undies, take dishes to the sink ... the usual household and personal care stuff. Commercials are too valuable to waste in front of the tv!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 10:09 am
plainoldme, I rarely watch commercials. I mute them or channel-surf or get up and accomplish something useful for a few minutes. But for (usually) highly-watched programs like the Oscars, big companies spend big bucks and make better-than-usual commercials. So I watched some of them.

I noticed the Carmen theme, booman, but I was probably much less distracted by Sharon Stone in bed than you were!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 10:24 am
When Halle Berry rolled around naked with BB, she signed the contract to make the film and got paid. In other words, it was her decision. When Mr. Brody came up on stage and grabbed her, she had no sayso in the matter atall. He grabbed her.
I know this may not seem like a big deal to you all and that's fine. My mind was just blown by this guys' nerve and his lack of respect.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 10:51 am
The BostonGlobe writer thought Brody was charming and that he "got off the best line of the night," saying to Barry something about not expecting that in your gift package, which says to me he planned to do it. Just too dramatic and Brody is a young man with a great deal of growing up to do.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 02:40 pm
Considering what actors are called to do for entertainment in film (Halley Berry's sex scene in "Monster's Ball" comes to mind), I think the kiss was mild even if not entirely "politically correct." However, we all should know about Hollywood's politics! I believe he deserved the award and I'm sure it was very close. We'll see Daniel Day Lewis again!
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 03:15 pm
I haven't seen this much discussion of an onstage kiss since Al Gore smooched Tipper at the Los Angeles Democratic Convention in 2000. Who cares? Halle Berry has done a lot worse to get where's she gotten to.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:47 pm
Touche' Macsm, Embarrassed

POM,
...That was just a sarcastic remark,made because you and Osso seemed to say the same thing about the unimportance of "THE KISS", as if I hadn't made the same comment. No biggie, just one of my child-like flaws. ( Evil or Very Mad "Boo-hoo, I want my acknowledgement")
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:51 pm
Larry,
...Care to elaborate on your last sentence? Shocked Confused
0 Replies