Early up? What's 'wrong' with A2K'ers from the USA?

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:31 am
Yesterday, not only I noticed

Lord Ellpus wrote:
Good grief, they are up early over the other side of the pond! We normally have the place to ourselves until about 3pm GMT. Must be spring in the air, or lerve (or both).

And today, it's the same.

More surprising: not only the normal early 'early birds' (somehow I missed Phoenix :wink: ), but even some, you usually see only online from their offices.

And what really is most astonishing: they don't give the usual pre-coffee-not-completely-awake responses, some are really good - at least in the technical sense, e.g. linked pages work correctly etc.

Any comments? :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,232 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:34 am
We have a relatively new tradition in the United States, Walter, of women's marches against violence, and they are known as Take Back the Night.

We are now engaged in a similiar activity here, and we intend to Take Back the Night from you Yer-a-peein' types. We intend to establish our hegemony over this site, and with a good deal more expertise than Rummy and company have shown in their feeble attempt to establish hegemony in the middle east.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:38 am
We Canadians are up early to keep an eye on the merkins.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:39 am
Yeah - you and whose damn army, Dogbreath?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:39 am
I know what a merkin is - so you better damn well watch it, too.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:41 am
The Army of the Damned . . . the undead have risen up, and we will smite you hip and thigh, like the Amalakites you are . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:42 am
dlowan wrote:
I know what a merkin is - so you better damn well watch it, too.

Gee, you gonna take on the A-merkins and the Canadians? You be one tough bunny Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:46 am
Intrepid wrote:
Gee, you gonna take on the A-merkins and the Canadians? You be one tough bunny

Not that i subscribe to the notion that taking on the Canajuns would involve any significant degree of difficulty, however . . .

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/funny/0042.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:48 am
I have forward-mounted twin bazookas, rear-mounted laser cannon, small tactical nukes, several machine guns, a killer sense of humour, and a sharp tongue.

Be very afraid.....

Oh - it's against the Geneva Convention (though the US seems to have ditched that anyway) - but I also LOVE to tickle....I wouldn't use that one against nice folk like the Canajuns, though.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:50 am
Quote:
Not that i subscribe to the notion that taking on the Canajuns would involve any significant degree of difficulty, however . . .

Don't estimate our resolve, you big puppy dog
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:50 am
dlowan wrote:
I have forward-mounted twin bazookas, rear-mounted laser cannon, small tactical nukes, several machine guns, a killer sense of humour, and a sharp tongue.

Be very afraid.....

Oh - it's against the Geneva Convention (though the US seems to have ditched that anyway) - but I also LOVE to tickle....I wouldn't use that one against nice folk like the Canajuns, though.

Embarrassed Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:52 am
Intrepid wrote:
Quote:

Don't estimate our resolve, you big puppy dog

Hmmm - you don't scare me - but you DO look quite intrepid....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 05:53 am
I do not in fact estimate the resolve of Canajuns. I question whether it exists outside of their own imaginations.

The rage of dreaming sheep . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 06:02 am
Setanta wrote:
I do not in fact estimate the resolve of Canajuns. I question whether it exists outside of their own imaginations.

What prospect for relief? Well, in Canada we've had to endure epoisoding fits of American craziness going back to the War of 1812. Nietzsche referred to such public insanity as "the rage of dreaming sheep". When these moods dominate U.S. there's little we can do to stop them. All we can do is hunker down, and trust in the historical refusal of the Canadian people to go along with this nonsense. From McCarthy through Vietnam to the Iraq war they have not let us down; keep the torch bright and heads held high, and (speaking as someone who has suffered from kidney stones) this too shall pass.

Mike Wallace
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 06:07 am
Although uncertain what the word epoisoding is supposed to mean, i nevertheless get your drift. I note that you have not mentioned the hundreds hanged, often by lynch mobs, in Canadia after the war of 1812. I note that you have not mentioned those hanged after the uprisings of 1836-1838, nor the devastation wreaked on French Canada by le Vieux Brûlot during the same period. I note that you have failed to mention the slaughter of the métis, not once, but twice, because they had the temerity to stand up to the Anglo-Saxon Episcopalian asendancy in Canadia, to simply demand the right to enjoy their ancient liberties in the land of their birth.

Guess it is, as always, a case of whose ox was gored.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 06:49 am
My response was simply to your :rage of dreaming sheep....

The rest is not relevant to that and is not the topic of this thread. Just as the injustices in your own backyard are not relevant or on topic.

;-)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:06 am
Now, Now........calm down you lot.

It is very commendable that the people from our various Colonies are all up early, as it means that you can all put in a good, long hard days work in order to properly earn your keep, supply a steady flow of cheap goods to your Mother Country, and ensure the Queens favour.

Now, all of you in the Americas should be paying a final visit to the loo before setting off for a hard day of cheap labour. Come along, snap to it.

In the meantime, all of you who are upside down should still be hard at work, so I dont want to see any more of your posts on here for at least another couple of hours. You are then permitted one small beer, a healthy meal and an early night.

God Save The Empire !

HOORAH!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:12 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Now, Now........calm down you lot.

Pssscht, MyLord, please let them carry on!

Thus, a naturally cleaning will finish, and soon culture will be back here, we can have nice talks again ... at least, as it was in the good old times, before 15:00 UTC/GMT ...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:23 am
Intrepid wrote:

The rest is not relevant to that and is not the topic of this thread. Just as the injustices in your own backyard are not relevant or on topic.

That being admitted by you, why did you feel compelled to indulge that snottiness on the part of the alleged journalist Mike Wallace?

Couldn't resist the cheap shot?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 08:04 am
Setanta wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

That being admitted by you, why did you feel compelled to indulge that snottiness on the part of the alleged journalist Mike Wallace?

Couldn't resist the cheap shot?

Setanta wrote:
Quote:

Was only replying in kind. Was this not posted in snottiness, or is there one rule for Setanta and another rule for the rest of the world? Your imagination, Sir, doth run away with you.
0 Replies