It's America stupid

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:22 am
As many of you know, I have never respected Powell. To me he is a handsome face with credentials that put him above his capacity to be a leader.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:29 am
mamajuana
The popular vote does not elect a president the Electoral one does. However, in this instance the men and women in black did. That does not negate the fact that enough people voted for him to make it possible.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:56 pm
au - Going into Florida Gore had 262 electoral votes; Bush had 246. A total of 270 votes out of the 538 is necessary to win.

That's why the Supremes in the Florida decision was so vital. James Baker had been sent to Florida to control the situation, and to ask for an injunction against a recount. The vote is over and we've had the result. But Bush did not have either the popular or the electoral college vote before the Florida decision.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 04:22 pm
Mama
But Bush did have 246. Which put him in striking distance making Florida pivotal. We will have to wait till 04 to find out how the American public feels about the Job he is doing. From the consensus on this forum it would appear that he won't have a chance. However, people on this forum are a poor reference to hang your hat on. Joe six pack seldom participates.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 04:33 pm
au1929 wrote:
Joe six pack seldom participates.

Ahem!

Drunk Drunk
Drunk Drunk
Drunk Drunk

<Smack lips, wipe beard>

Buuuuuuurp

Ahhhhh.

timber :wink:
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 10:12 pm
au, I agree. But now I'm beginning to wonder just who Joe 6-pack really is? (And, timber, somehow I associate you more with wine.)

Are moderates, liberals, centrists more articulate than conservatives, right-wingers? Are they more passionate about their beliefs? Or (gasp, gasp) do they just like to argue more?

The ordinary view of old Joe was at a bar watching a ball game, but I have found that many I know are like me, and I don't like beer.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 03:56 pm
@snood,
I revive this thread because of your crisp comment
Rama
0 Replies