It's America stupid

dyslexia

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 12:41 pm
closemindedness is not limited to "liberals" but nice try tres
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 12:57 pm
steissd, you are seeing an image of "normal"acheived by careful grooming, Bush is coached and scripted by a cadre of image-makers.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 01:02 pm
Any politician has an imagemaking team. Does this imply that all them are morons?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 01:19 pm
steissd, mostly yes, in just this past week we have had elected politicans change the name french fries to freedom fries in the congress dining rooms, another congress woman want to rebury the US troops intered in france, and a state congress person walk out of a prayer offering because the guest was a muslim. pretty much sums up the word STUPID to me. btw moron is pretty much a non used clinical term.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 01:38 pm
I don't consider President Bush to be stupid. Why this constant degradation of the President of the United States of America?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 01:58 pm
Tres
As the saying goes. "If the shoe fits wear it"
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 02:01 pm
Plenty of people wear shoes that don't fit.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 02:01 pm
How I long for the good old days when the only problem we had was where Clinton put his cigar.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 02:03 pm
New Haven
Oh! but those blisters.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 02:03 pm
That wasn't Clinton's only problem!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 03:35 pm
Willy had other problems, sure, but Willy had a helluva problem with his willy ... I'd have preferred his pants remained zipped more than his lips.

timber
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 04:04 pm
Timber
What do you prefer Willy with his pants unzipped or Bush with his brain unused
Personally I could not care if he had a harem of interns fighting for a chance at his willy as long as he ran the government as it should be run.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 05:03 pm
steissd, all president's have image makers. in the case of Bush, the effort of his team is to keep him "on message", otherwise he sounds like a third grader fumbling for words which are beyond his grasp.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 05:09 pm
I do not even know what is better for the country (any of them): a smart or mediocre leader. Take, for example the USSR: since 1978 President Brezhnev was openly senile, but the country persisted as a global superpower, in 1985 the smarta** Gorbachev came to power, and the result is known: the country degraded step by step until it ceased its existence.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 10:36 pm
I guess we don't know what is better for the country until some time has passed and we have more of a perspective about it.

But a great leader does not, in two years, dissipate the legacy of a surplus, and create a staggering budget deficit for years to come. A great leader creates a working, paying job situation for his/her country, while this one has managed to incur a job loss in the millions and growing. A great leader does not let the ordinary citizens of his/her country steadily lose their health care, their pensions, their rights. Nor, in the interests of educating those citizens, does he make a speech to a graduating class at a prestigious university, in which he tells them that they can all make low grades and end up president, like him.

This war he insists on waging has become known as Bush's war, with all that implies. And in back of that is a long-standing ambition of many of the people around him to become dominant in the mid-east region by doing exactly what they are doing. Except, of course, they never reckoned on what's happened as far as world opinion and reaction. They have felt for years that Iraq was a weak link that could be used for starters. Many of the people listed in the link below are the major advisors to Bush - among them Cheney, Rumsfeld, Libbey, Crystol. They are the ones who engineered so much of this. And it looks like perhaps Bush was picked because they thought that was a winnable name.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

Powell - could part of it be that his son Michael heads the FCC? And that is held over his head?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 11:09 pm
I hope he was blackmailed... that's better than what I've been thinking - that he sold his soul.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 11:47 pm
dyslexia wrote:
closemindedness is not limited to "liberals" but nice try tres

I don't remember writing that it was, but pretending I did was a "nice try" in its own right, dys.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 01:24 am
My bold print:
trespassers will wrote:
au1929 wrote:
What people seem to forget that besides the disputed vote in Florida Bush needed the vote of many other states. And he got it. Is it America stupid or stupid Americans. After listening to him one had to be as stupid as he is to have voted for him. What do you think that says about the intelligence of the American electorate?

Yes, everyone who doesn't think like you is stupid. (Isn't that the first chapter in the Liberalism 101 textbook?)

-Exactly how else should someone read this?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 08:10 am
snood wrote:
I hope he was blackmailed... that's better than what I've been thinking - that he sold his soul.

Amen, Snood, but I think he has sold his soul.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:17 am
But Bush didn't get all the other votes in the other states. People forget that over half a million more went to Gore. That's why Bush needed Florida. It wasn't the Florida vote that put Bush ahead - he came nowhere near the popular vote majority. It was a Supreme Court decision about votes that are still disputed. So Bush was not elected by a mandate of the people, he was slected by a group of nine.

As for Powell - I'm also afraid he sold his soul. On the other hand, he had early declared where he stood, and just gone more that way. Like McCain. His position is basically the same. For a while he appeared to be something else, which is one reason why I think he does some things out of political expediency, rather than belief.

One thing I've gotten from the two years of the Bush decline is a growing sense of skepticism.
0 Replies