Does this annoy you? It should

Don1

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:31 am
David Beckham who is married to a nonentity called "posh spice" has just paid around $47000 for a pair of earings for his six year old son.

Half the world dont get enough to eat and a footballer and his talentless wife can buy baubles for a six year old that cost what most working people will never see in their lifetime. FFS what kind of a system is this?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/28182004.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,020 • Replies: 15
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:35 am
This should annoy me because?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 09:23 am
It doesn't annoy me at all. I really do not care if some over priced celebrity chooses to waste their money or not.

If you are personally concerned about others that are starving, them do what you can to help them out. That is what I do.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 09:41 am
Linkat is right. It doesn't matter the dollar amount of what you give but how much you give of yourself. It means more for someone with $50 in the bank to give than for someone with $50 million.

Those people who choose to not help others will get theirs. What goes around comes around.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:28 am
Yes ... I'm annoyed that I'm not as good a soccer player as Becks and can't afford $47,000 pair of earrings for my son. Even though I'd never put earrings on my son, I'm still annoyed at my relative lack of soccer ability, and its impact on my marketability with the teams in the Premier League.

I think I'll go out and practice some more ....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:32 am
There is enough in this world to annoy me without worrying about what some rich guy pays for earrings for his son. It actually annoys me more that he is buying the boy earrings than what he is paying for them.

Why mention this particular act of frivolous spending when there are hundreds or thousands of such foolish things happening every day?

Give what you can to the food banks and blood banks and don't worry about the rich and famous.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 11:55 am
Should he give his money to the government so that the government can decide how to spend it?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:06 pm
I'm more annoyed than an annoyed person on a very annoying day. In fact I'm so annoyed I'm never going to speak to Victoria and David again!

....no really, I'm annoyed!

some people have more money than sense Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:08 pm
smorgs wrote:
I'm more annoyed than an annoyed person on a very annoying day. In fact I'm so annoyed I'm never going to speak to Victoria and David again!

....no really, I'm annoyed!

some people have more money than sense Evil or Very Mad

You're gonna break their hearts :wink:
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:25 pm
No, I don't think I'll break their hearts...but they might be annoyed :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:26 pm
Here's me, getting a little spice action while David looks on approvingly. He doesn't seem annoyed, so why should I be?

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/mtv/mtv_movie_awards_show_2003_photos/_group_photos/colin_farrell85.jpg
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:31 pm
I think he's just masking his annoyance. In psychology, there is something known as (annoyingly) 'micro-expressions', people who are annoyed, but are trying to mask their annoyance, frequently raise the left corner of their mouths....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:54 pm
I was more curious as to where the right hand of cjhsa is in this photo?

Laughing
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 01:01 pm
It doesn't seem to annoy her though
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 07:58 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I was more curious as to where the right hand of cjhsa is in this photo?

Laughing
I'm thinking her hand could be on his but. This Dude looks Gay, "now I'm getting hot thinking about it."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 08:10 pm
I'm not annoyed. In fact I think he should fork out a little more and get his precious boy a 24carat gold Prince Albert piercing in his little pecker, the cheap bastard. Show some real love ya know?
0 Replies