I really need help to know if I like girls

Anon52

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 03:37 pm
Hi, I’m just gonna cut to the chase, I’m a 16 year old girl who’s recently been diagnosed with aspergers/autism 1. I’ve been told many times this can affect me liking people/feeling the same as others do. I’ve only ever really liked a boy one time, he was my best friend and we dated for 9 months but never went beyond handholding/cuddling. We’re broken up now because I didn’t feel any strong want to kiss or go further, and I felt like I was lying to him. Since then I still havnt felt the urge to kiss someone and I’m very confused. I find the male body attractive but I also find the female body attractive, my current best friend is out as a lesbian and I get jealous when she gets crushes/dates. I can’t see myself kissing a girl right now but then again I can’t see myself kissing a boy either. Everyone is telling me that most people my age don’t really date and I’ll probably get more into it in college, but I’m really confused and I just want to know something. Every time my friends refer to me as straight I feel like I’m lying because I’m so confused. Please help !!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,367 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 03:57 pm
@Anon52,
The good news is, you don't need to decide today or tomorrow or next week or next year. You can even change your mind 60 years from now.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 06:20 pm
I don't think people should worry about categorizing themselves (you aren't the only person who worries about it).

If you are attracted to someone special, just go with it, regardless of their gender.

If you are not attracted to anyone in particular at the moment, that's fine too.
0 Replies

viviryki

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 04:56 am
@Anon52,
yeah i was in this phase too at a point where i just didnt know if it was boys or girls for me. or if i wanted to be with anyone at all. possibly its not a phase for u but for me i guess once i got used to the thought of being with a girl (yeah my parents are...lets say traditional n i was raised tht way) i learned to accept myself as bi-curious. both @jespah and @oralloy are right. give urself some time and go w the person u find special. n when ppl refer to u as straight dont feel bad or as if ur lying. ur just experimenting n learning abt ur feelings rn so dont feel bad.
0 Replies