do u still keep in touch with your ex?

chevy

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:24 pm
dear everyone,

am just wondering if you still keep in touch with your ex? how often do you meet up with them and how involved are you in their lives?

How long did it take to get to that stage where you were totally over them?

Reason i asks is cuz my gf of one year is still very close to her ex and i don't know if this is normal or if there are still feelings involved.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 810 • Replies: 8
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:27 pm
I am still in touch with one of my Exs. We are great friends after many years. I'd enjoy hearing from other Exs as well, but I've lost touch with most of them.

The one Ex I'm still in touch with travels as a musician/sound techie and I see him when he comes my way. Sometimes he spends the night in my bed and we just sleep. He's married and has a kid.

How long ago did your gf and her ex split?
0 Replies

chevy

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:32 pm
My gf broke up with her ex about 1 yr and 4 mths ago. It was kinda messy though cuz after her ex left they were still deciding if they wanted to get back till i came into the picture.

My gf's ex has adopted a child. He is seeing someone else although its not serious. Problem is my gf constantly volunteers to babysit every week and am not sure if its such a good idea. She says there are still leftovers she needs to resolve although she is not intending on going back and want to live with me. Am not sure what she means? With me its always been very black or white...what do you think?

I have pressured her to stop seeing her ex but she refuses...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:41 pm
Don't pressure her to stop seeing her ex. Beyond that, I don't know what I think. Maybe give it some more time. Sounds like an ok situation to me - not ideal, but ok.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:45 pm
littlek wrote:
I am still in touch with one of my Exs. We are great friends after many years. I'd enjoy hearing from other Exs as well, but I've lost touch with most of them.

The one Ex I'm still in touch with travels as a musician/sound techie and I see him when he comes my way. Sometimes he spends the night in my bed and we just sleep. He's married and has a kid.

How long ago did your gf and her ex split?

Woah, woah, WOAH! You sleep in the same bed with this guy and he's married? Does his wife know about this?

That seems a little bit...odd to me. But maybe I'm just jealous. :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 10:43 pm
Heh! This guy is unique. I sort of fudged that last response a bit. He did sleep in my bed when he was dating his now-wife. She gave him permission. Since she had the baby and they married, he hasn't spent the night in my area, so the theory is unproven.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 12:24 am
My first couple of exes were just guys I "went out with" at school.... you know the kinda thing, you go out in big groups to the cinema, you hold hands, you talk on msn but hardly ever on the 'phone... you're basically just friends who kinda fancy each other and kiss.
So unsurprisingly it took a grand total of a couple of months to be totally back to normal with both of them... apart from 4 years on I'm back with Phil hehe!!
My only very serious ex so far is my most recent one, who've I was with for longer than my 2nd ex, but so much so much more seriously. And the truth is that now we have a very VERY weird relationship with. We were totally best friends before, and neither of us wanted to lose that. But part of the deal with us being best friends was that we were both very screwed up... so we see each other most when one of us is having a relapse. Things have kinda gone back and forwards, about the time i got together with my new boyfriend i was finally ok seeing him again: I mean we saw each other loads anyway cos we were "Best Friends" - but i used to hate feeling unwanted.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 04:02 am
One ex I havnt seen for years , he has a gf but I still feel he will be friendly and I can talk to him if I ever bump into him.

Another ex I see every now and again, we get on well, he is a funny guy, I still like him but NOT in a bf/gf way, but his insecure b*tch of a fiance has banned me and him from speaking to each other.
His other exes are allowed to speak to him, they are even invited to the hen doo/wedding(they are getting married next month).But for some reason she has decided to bully me and him.This has been going on for over 2 years and it breaks my heart to not be able to join in with things which he is involved in because she is around.

In general I have to admit there have been some guys in my life who I couldnt care less if I ever see again but if you go out with them for a long time then I think it is sad if you dont talk to each other when you split up.Its as tho the relationship was pointless.
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 11:54 pm
I'm still in touch with most of my ex bf's. One's now my very best friend which is great. Ex bf's tend to turn into friends who you don't see a lot... not for any reason of awkwardness or anything- you remain very fond of eachother... but the reason you broke up is often due to something about personality's that irritates you two, and that is still there (unfortunately) when your friends. Maybe it's that you've been too close and know eachother too well. Generally a good few months after you break up, you've moved on... but both of you can tell if it's too soon, and that's okay. You both have to be careful to hurt your future bf/gf's feelings, as jealousy can be rife when youre still seeing an ex- so watch out for that.
0 Replies