Feel Free To PM Me For Translations

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:54 pm
If any of you need help translating something, i am fluent in the following languages:

1.Dutch
2. German
3. Spanish
4. French
5. Russian
6. Italian
7. Portugese

And obviously my primary language is English as you can tell from this post. If you need help, post here, or PM me. My screen name is Caoimhin MacLeod. Pronounced Kweevin Ma-cloud
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 679 • Replies: 13
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:38 pm
What - no Gaelic?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:39 pm
Wouldn't that require an erse-while translator?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:41 pm
< rim shot >
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:41 pm
Thank you, thank you verra much . . .

OK, folks, shows over, Elvis has left the planet . . .
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:42 pm
Prolly a pint or two of stout, as well, if not a bit of the dew of the still.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:49 am
Hey! Hey! Get off of MacLeod!
0 Replies

Caoimhin MacLeod

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 01:58 pm
lol, let me refrase, my translator and I are fluent in the languages listed above. Just got the "Tiger" program for Mac. I would recomend it to all who have macs. It has Chinese and korean and a few other translations too. I was waiting to see what people would say to my post, i got a pretty good kick out of some of them. But seriously, if anybody does need a translation in any of those languages jut PM me or something and ill pop em in the translator. The only language I can do in my head other than English is Gaelic, as you can probably tell from my user name. Im not great in it, but I aint that bad. I am taking German in school, but suck at it, but hey, thats what the translator is for. :wink:
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 02:05 pm
You're a good sport, Caoimhin.
We do get a bit silly at times.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 02:06 pm
squeak fer yerself
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 02:11 pm
I'm skeptical of computer-based translators.
What do you think of "Tiger"?
0 Replies

Caoimhin MacLeod

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 03:00 pm
Tiger is excellent. Makes my computer run much faster, has a faster search engine, and manages files much better, also allows for some cool visual features on you desktop. If your skeptical of the translator, ask me to translate a few things, and Ill try them out and reply, no problem, make sure it's a language you know, just to test it out. Cause I'm no authority and couldn't tell if it made an error.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 03:41 pm
A good way to check for yourself is to put an English sentence into the translator, and then transcribe the translation you get (in whatever language, German, French, etc.). The take the foreign language sentence and put it through the translator, translating it back into English, to compare the final product.

That has long been an online pasttime which usually yields hilarious results.
0 Replies

Caoimhin MacLeod

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 05:35 pm
Tried it, good idea by the way. Works fine. So my offer still stands for anyone needing translations in any of those languages I listed. I have noticed that latin is the most frequently asked language to translate from or into, unfortunatley latin is not on the translator. Sorry.
0 Replies