why do breakups shatter a female so badly? it freakin hurts

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 04:48 am
is it because we care more?
is it because we loved them more?
or is it because we were prepared to sacrefice anything we had to stay with them?
i dont know but my heart is freakimg shattered and numn rn and all i wanna do is lay in bed and cry all day...how am i supposed to function with this dreadful pain going on inside of me...i need tips or help or something because i am sooo close to giving up on myself

View best answer, chosen by kaylie-the-cutter
jespah

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 05:38 am
@kaylie-the-cutter,
I realize you're feeling horrible, but this is an incredibly generalized statement. We don't all get shattered. Seriously.

I am not a doctor but you sound depressed. Please tell your parents and get counseling.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:37 am
@kaylie-the-cutter,
males also can get shattered. When I was a teen, I broke up with my boyfriend and he cried and begged me not to --- it can hurt no matter who you are.

Unfortunately this is part of growing up into adulthood - it is not easy by any means, but if it gives you any sort of comfort you will get stronger as a result.

And as suggested reach out to get help. There is alot of people in good position to provide help - seeing you are a teen, it is likely you have counselors at your school? Most high schools now have an adjustment counselor or something like that - a counselor that helps with making friends, bullying, social issues rather than a guidance counselor that helps with academics. Reach out - they are very helpful.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 02:06 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Yes, yes, and yes.
It is because love is both a feeling for someone and a feeling from someone. Mutual love is an agreement about those feelings. You feel shattered because you kept the agreement and he broke it.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 02:14 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Depression seems like an actual physical force. It "presses" you down. You have to fight it with all your strength. You have to get up and do something. Remember what Jespah said about just going for a walk. It's hard to feel depressed seeing the sky and trees and flowers and birds and butterflies and other people. Like she said, just try it. Walls are just that, walls.
0 Replies

InfraBlue
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 03:04 pm
These lyrics were written by a guy.

Love hurts
Love scars
Love wounds and marks
Any heart not tough or strong enough
To take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud, it holds a lot of rain
Love hurts
Ooh love hurts
I'm young
I know
But even so
I know a thing or two, I learned from you
I really learned a lot, really learned a lot
Love is like a flame, it burns you when it's hot
Love hurts
Ooh love hurts
Some fools think
Of happiness, blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves, I guess
They're not foolin' me
I know it isn't true I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie made to make you blue
Love hurts
Ooh love hurts
Ooh love hurts
I know it isn't true
I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie made to make you blue
Love hurts
Ooh love hurts
Ooh, love hurts, ooh

It brings a tear to my eye just reading them.
Ponderer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 03:11 pm
And now (some of) the rest of the story.
This is not just drama. It is her real, sad, young life. She had heard rumors about her boyfriend, (that she had known for a year and dated for "10 months and 1 day") so she asked the girl if it was true. The girl started telling her what they did. She ran. My God! She ran! Yeah, it is tragically dramatic.
I know that she had an English Language Arts exam yesterday and an algebra exam today. I know she has another exam next week and she will graduate on the 6th.
All of this on top of all of that.
The question should be
How much can a young girl take?
kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 06:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
of these words none i will forget...it really does ...love really hurts...and its so freaking annoying how much it gets to me
0 Replies

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 06:18 pm
@Ponderer,
not much at all Sad
Ponderer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 06:19 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
🌸
Ponderer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 06:46 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
I've always liked that song. I play it. (G, Em, C, D) But you have to realize that it was evidently written from a broken heart. Love is not a lie. Love doesn't hurt. Though true love can make your eyes "as burning coals".
Millions of couples around this world who have been lucky enough to have found everlasting "happiness, blissfullness and togetherness" would not think themselves fools. It is losing love that "cuts like a knife". - (Michael Jackson- "She's Out of My Life"
0 Replies

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:25 pm
@Ponderer,
Very Happy
Ponderer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:26 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Now then. That's better.
0 Replies

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:26 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
^ to the flower
Ponderer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:34 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Understood. Glad you liked it.
Smile
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 08:12 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
👍 786
(to the smile)
0 Replies

RedOrchet

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 08:31 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
I think a breakup is hard for anyone who truly unconditionally loved the person they were with, male or female. Don't lose sleep over somebody who doesn't care enough to grieve for your relationship, I know it's easier said than done but you're better off without someone who doesn't give you their full potential in a relationship. My advice? Let the pain in, cry as often as you need to and do what needs to be done to accept this and move forward so eventually you can start living life again and staying true to yourself. I know you don't think it's ever going to get better and your life is over... I know. But that feeling, is just a feeling and feelings pass with time and patience with yourself.
kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 09:02 pm
@RedOrchet ,
thank you and i will try to be patient.
0 Replies