Am I a hypochondriac?

skudo

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 09:35 am
Hello everybody reading this.
Recently I've been struggling with anxiety alot. Actually I've been dealing with it a long time already but it got worse. Everytime I'm doing something more critical (like flirting or talking with stranger) my anxiety just takes over me and I start behaving very stressed and paranoid. But in addition to that everytime I have a mild or almost unnoticable symptom I immediatly think that I have a serious health problem and then I always have the urge to go to the doctor just to be sure that I don't have anything. I think it's kind of important to tell you that I'm still a bit young (15). The last time something like this happened was when I convinced myself that I have cancer because my stomach hurts sometimes. I always google my symptoms which shifts my mood drastically and makes me even more paranoid. Only after I visited the doctor I was relieved. I can remember many situations like this one which are even more ridiculous. Also I want to tell you that I used to smoke weed since the age of 14 (I stopped now because of my mental health issue) and I always noticed that I get more paranoid and have much more anxiety if high even tho all my friends seemed less paranoid than before. I kind of learned to forget a bit about these feelings but now I stopped smoking because I know that it's bad to consume weed when you have a mental illness. So my question is: Is it possible that I am a hypochondriac and if yes/no what can I do against it? Also I wanted to ask what I should tell my parents because I'm always afraid to tell them when I think that I have an illness and I'm also afraid to tell them that I want to go to the doctor!(PS: My native language is german so please don't mind my kind of bad grammar)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 975 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 10:31 am
@skudo,
1) Stop Googling your symptoms! Dr. Google is a lousy doctor.
2) Tell your parents you get anxious a lot and feel you're ill a lot but you know you probably aren't.
3) Tell your parents you want a therapist.
4) Go to therapy.
0 Replies