I Have NO LIFE

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 05:57 pm
in school nobody feels like talking to me im just one of those loners i have tried to make friends but in the end when i think im their friend they turn their back on me like right now i try to be in a chat with tons of ppl but they wont invite me because they told them not to what should i do i have tried soo many thing but they still keep messing with me they call me gay and stuff and i just don't know theres this girl she says i piss her off but in the end shes the one that pisses me off.
What should I do,
singed,
I have NO LIFE Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 587 • Replies: 5
No top replies

squinney

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 06:22 pm
kalanagg00 - Can you talk to your parents? Do you have any hobbies or interests that have clubs at your school that you could join?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 06:26 pm
Kalanagg--

Welcome to A2K.

I'm a little baffled by this statement:

Quote:
...i try to be in a chat with tons of ppl but they wont invite me because they told them not to ....

Who are "they"?
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 07:43 pm
Can you please tell us your age,and/or what grade you are in school?
0 Replies

SandzCatz

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:11 pm
This is a very hard situation for you. Sometimes though, when the opinion of others matters too much to us, we open ourselves up for people to cause us pain. You may want to ask yourself the question why these people, especially online, matter. Why are they worthy of YOUR friendship? Having one or two good friends can be more satisfying in the long run than having 20 pseudofriends.

Another thing- neediness tends to drive people away. The more you need people, often times the less they, as a mass, want to deal with you. Self confidence and self reliance are things that draw others to you. Since many people suffer from a degree of self doubt, this may be standing in your way. You might need to either find more self confidence (therapy might help) or fake having it.

I'm sure your eyebrows raised at fake having it.. but think about it. The only things people know about you are what you show them. If you show them a shy, quite person who makes odd remarks at times, that is who they know you as. If you go to a new situation and make it a point to approach everyone, talk and interact while trying to keep the odd remarks down, these people will see you as outgoing, self confidant and friendly.

It is very scary the first time you do it. As a natural introvert, I found it to be almost more than I could manage. I had to pretend to be another person for a few weeks. Once I got over the beginning hump, it was easy. Now unless people know me well, they have no clue that I am shy. My friendliness coupled with the fact that I don't CARE if people like me or not, has drawn a lot more people to me as friends.

Why don't you join a book group, hobby group or sports team outside of your normal area (where people do not have expectations of who you are) and practice being a confident, outgoing person. It may take a while to get right. You're learning new ways of doing things. Over time, it will become easy and second nature to you.

As for them calling you gay, if you are, the mature answer is, "Yes, and your point is?" *impish smile* The immature answer, and one I'd probably give, is to congratulate them for recognizing one of their own kind, as it takes one to know one. If you are not gay, calmly say, "Actually, my sexual orientation is towards women." A mature person would stop there. Me being not the height of maturity (although I do try..) would add, "Don't worry, as you get older you'll have more luck identifying others who share your sexuality."
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:16 pm
Very well said, SandzCatz. I fully agree.

I, too, had to practice approaching people for quite a while. I started with asking for the time, always saying a full sentence to sales people etc.
0 Replies