Underhanded American administrations....

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 01:49 pm
squinney wrote:
Can you answer my post, Brandon? Really curious how a discussion or questioning of our government might change terrorist behavior.

I never said it would alter terrorist behavior. Looking for evidence that Bush was behind 9/11 is counterproductive in the same way that trying to prove that FDR was the antichrist would have engendered a non-useful national mood in WW2, while the Axis powers were really out there plotting our downfall.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 01:51 pm
The truth is always a useful national mood.

It is you who has the arrogance to tell others what they should be talking about or supporting, Brandon; not very American, is it?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 01:53 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

It is you who has the arrogance to tell others what they should be talking about or supporting, Brandon; not very American, is it?

Cycloptichorn

Trying to forbid you to express yourself would be un-American, but communicating my opinion that attacking each other while someone else is trying to kill us is counterproductive is merely exercising my own freedom of speech.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:08 pm
Those that do not agree with the government, or that saw through the rhetoric in the run up to the invasion of Iraq, were told we were giving aid and comfort to the enemy. We were told to stop talking badly of our government. I never understood that. I can't imagine how finding out the truth, that the war really was unnecessary, gives aid, comfort, or changes the fact that terrorists are still planning to kill us.

As for the national mood, I would say the mood was set when the current administration lied to us about the need to invade Iraq. Until then we were pretty much united after 9/11. So, forgive me if I have more sympathy for the 1600+ American men and women killed in Iraq for nothing other than the greed of this administration, than I do for the "mood" of the country.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:16 pm
squinney wrote:
Those that do not agree with the government, or that saw through the rhetoric in the run up to the invasion of Iraq, were told we were giving aid and comfort to the enemy. We were told to stop talking badly of our government. I never understood that. I can't imagine how finding out the truth, that the war really was unnecessary, gives aid, comfort, or changes the fact that terrorists are still planning to kill us.

As for the national mood, I would say the mood was set when the current administration lied to us about the need to invade Iraq. Until then we were pretty much united after 9/11. So, forgive me if I have more sympathy for the 1600+ American men and women killed in Iraq for nothing other than the greed of this administration, than I do for the "mood" of the country.

That's all off topic. The thread is asking for evidence that Bush was behind 9/11 which is an absurd waste of time in the midst of what can only be regarded as a war with Al Qaeda. All topics of discussion are, in fact, not equally useful. The day after Pearl Harbor, to start a society to analyze evidence that FDR was the Biblical antichrist would have been nothing other than a stupid waste of time in a real crisis.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:23 pm
READING COMPREHENSION, Brandon, Ya gotta work on it!

From the original post:
Quote:
I know, I know, Dr. Phil isn't always the best individual to quote, but he always says "past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior". what in the past has made people believe that the government might in fact have a hand in 9/11?

The thread is asking for PAST occurances under OTHER administrations.

Quote:
The day after Pearl Harbor, to start a society to analyze evidence that FDR was the Biblical antichrist would have been nothing other than a stupid waste of time in a real crisis.

You are Appealing to Extremes with this statement, a logical fallacy. You know better than this.

http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/rgass/fallacy3211.htm

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:36 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
People are trying to kill us. What shall we do? I know, let's attack each other. Let's accuse each other of bizarre conspiracy theories while the real enemy makes its plans for our destruction.

I have now written you off as a loon Brandon.
I've never heard anything so rediculous...nor have I ever met someone so paranoid.
As you hammer away on your keyboard in your bomb shelter in your infinite wisdom, I'm going to learn about a few things I know nothing about.

Well, given two bombings of the World Trade Center, the bombing of the Cole, bombings of our embassies in Africa, the shoe bomber, and the prevented Millenium bomb plot, plus actual statements made by Al Qaeda weekly, I think that it is a reasonable conlusion that our enemies are making plans for our destruction.

Start a thread on those events Brandon--this is not the forum for your poor me, poor little America ramblings. This mantra of yours is as tiring as it is repetitive.
I had distinctly asked for information on past events that would provoke a sane, logical individual to resort to supporting seemingly illogical conspiracy theories.
READ THE LINES, DON'T CREATE TEXT BETWEEN THEM

Brandon9000 wrote:
I find it hilarious that someone looking for evidence that Bush was behind 9/11 is calling me a loon.

Just link me to the reply where I asked for evidence indicating Bush was behind 9/11, and I'll graciously retract the loon comment.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:46 pm
Actually, my post was not off topic. If you're familiar with PNAC and their claim that a catastrophic event would be needed to justify invading Iraq and other countries in order to establish what bad asses we are and be able to justify huge increases in defense spending, you'd know that perhaps it isn't so far off to wonder if this administration didn't at least know in advance and fail to stop 9/11.

A better example for you would be if the day after Pearl Harbor people started investigating whether or not FDR knew it was going to happen and did nothing to stop it or to warn of its occurence because he had stock in defense companies.

Would that be a waste of time?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 03:06 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Trying to forbid you to express yourself would be un-American, but communicating my opinion that attacking each other while someone else is trying to kill us is counterproductive is merely exercising my own freedom of speech.

Counterproductive?
Like making war to make peace?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 03:17 pm
candidone1 - Here are some key phrases to Google

Iran Contra
Savings and Loan John Kerry
Neil Bush
Rumsfeld Saddam
Carlyle Group
James Baker
PNAC

These events and people were/ are all tied together. The underhanded financing of Iran Contra, the collapse of the Savings and Loan companies, the same people in government today as back then, etc. You'll even learn of the reason why John Kerry was so vehemently attacked during the last election cycle. (How dare a young unknown uncover so much!)
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 03:20 pm
squinney wrote:
candidone1 - Here are some key phrases to Google

Iran Contra
Savings and Loan John Kerry
Neil Bush
Rumsfeld Saddam
Carlyle Group
James Baker
PNAC

These events and people were/ are all tied together. The underhanded financing of Iran Contra, the collapse of the Savings and Loan companies, the same people in government today as back then, etc. You'll even learn of the reason why John Kerry was so vehemently attacked during the last election cycle. (How dare a young unknown uncover so much!)

Much obliged.
...you see Brandon, nothing about Bush and 9/11, and I leave satisfied.
Imagine that.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:06 am
You might find this information interesting as well: http://www.populist.com/03.19.burns.html
0 Replies