Iraqi Insurgents spike in April '05

parados

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:37 pm
Lets examine your statement again based just on current Democrats in Congress. This is a partial list of bills with voting..

Congressional items in the 109th Congress -Jan 2005 to present
H.RES.135
Title: Providing for the establishment of a commission in the House of Representatives to assist parliaments in emerging democracies.
Passed in House 386-2

H.CON.RES.16
Title: Congratulating the people of Ukraine for conducting a democratic, transparent, and fair runoff presidential election on December 26, 2004, and congratulating Viktor Yushchenko on his election as President of Ukraine and his commitment to democracy and reform

Passed 392-1 in the House

S.CON.RES.7
Title: A concurrent resolution congratulating the people of Ukraine for conducting a democratic, transparent, and fair runoff presidential election on December 26, 2004, and congratulating Viktor Yushchenko on his election as President of Ukraine and his commitment to democracy and reform
Passed by Unanimous consent in the Senate

S.RES.69
Title: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate about the actions of Russia regarding Georgia and Moldova.
Passed by Unanimous consent in Senate

From the 108th Congress - Jan 2003-Dec 2004
S.RES.487
Title: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the November 21, 2004, Presidential runoff election in Ukraine.
passed by Unanimous consent

S.RES.473
Title: A resolution urging the Government of Ukraine to ensure a democratic, transparent, and fair election process for the Presidential run-off election on November 21, 2004.

S.CON.RES.106
Title: A concurrent resolution urging the Government of Ukraine to ensure a democratic, transparent, and fair election process for the presidential election on October 31, 2004.
Passed Senate by Unanimous consent
Agreed to by voice vote in House

H.R.4818
Title: Making appropriations for foreign operations, export financing, and related programs for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2005, and for other purposes.
Became public law No: 108-447
Passed House 365 - 41
Passed Senate 60-35 with 42 GOP and 18 Dems voting for it
This law includes the provision for Democracy Programs authorizing Bush to give the money he did to democracy programs.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:56 pm
parados wrote:
Lets examine your statement again based just on current Democrats in Congress. This is a partial list of bills with voting..

Congressional items in the 109th Congress -Jan 2005 to present
H.RES.135
Title: Providing for the establishment of a commission in the House of Representatives to assist parliaments in emerging democracies.
Passed in House 386-2

They're going to establish a Commission to assist Parliaments...in emerging...

So, after the work is done, they'll send money through several channels and some of it might build a statehouse. Well, that's nice, I'm sure...

H.CON.RES.16
Title: Congratulating the people of Ukraine for conducting a democratic, transparent, and fair runoff presidential election on December 26, 2004, and congratulating Viktor Yushchenko on his election as President of Ukraine and his commitment to democracy and reform

Passed 392-1 in the House

A congratulation.... Confused ...you're bragging about a congratulation?

S.CON.RES.7
Title: A concurrent resolution congratulating the people of Ukraine for conducting a democratic, transparent, and fair runoff presidential election on December 26, 2004, and congratulating Viktor Yushchenko on his election as President of Ukraine and his commitment to democracy and reform
Passed by Unanimous consent in the Senate
A concurrent congratualation. Well! That's different!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good God! There almost as useful as the UN!!!

S.RES.69
Title: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate about the actions of Russia regarding Georgia and Moldova.
Passed by Unanimous consent in Senate
They've expressed their sense. I'm sure that didn't take long! I'm sure the Revolutionaries found that intensely helpful.

From the 108th Congress - Jan 2003-Dec 2004
S.RES.487
Title: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the November 21, 2004, Presidential runoff election in Ukraine.
More sense!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
S.RES.473
Title: A resolution urging the Government of Ukraine to ensure a democratic, transparent, and fair election process for the Presidential run-off election on November 21, 2004.
That was helpful. Not. But obligatory, I suppose.
S.CON.RES.106
Title: A concurrent resolution urging the Government of Ukraine to ensure a democratic, transparent, and fair election process for the presidential election on October 31, 2004.
Passed Senate by Unanimous consent
Agreed to by voice vote in House
Are you getting a pattern here?
H.R.4818
Title: Making appropriations for foreign operations, export financing, and related programs for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2005, and for other purposes.
Became public law No: 108-447
Passed House 365 - 41
Passed Senate 60-35 with 42 GOP and 18 Dems voting for it
This law includes the provision for Democracy Programs authorizing Bush to give the money he did to democracy programs.

Thank goodness for the Republicans. If it was up to the elected Democrats, the vote wouldn't have passed.

But, no worry. Reagan set up a modus operandi for like-minded Presidents to support international democracies in 1982. Republicans are pro-active on that front.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 05:09 pm
The only pattern I am seeing Lash is you won't accept any fact that might possibly mean you are wrong.

Quote:
Progress in Iraq. Rather than supporting it, the Democrats--most-- try to downplay the significance of the historic elections, and prefer to trot out the bad news and ignore the positive. Bush aided Georgia, and the Ukraine, which have held historic elections. Democrats: Nothin.

Interesting that you suddenly think that passing a resolution in support is nothing after you claimed the Dems DOWNPLAy it. Wouldn't passing a resolution in support be the exact opposite of downplaying?

And then you conveniently ignore that only 42 GOP voted for a bill that if every Dem had voted against it would not have passed. You do know the requirements to pass legislation, don't you? The Dems supported the democracy programs because the Dems helped to pass the bill. Again pretty clearly destroying your "nothing" argument.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 05:15 pm
Nothing of any use, then.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 05:18 pm
Lash wrote:
parados wrote:
Lash you are entitled to an opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts...

OK.. lets take this one at a time..
Quote:
Progress in Iraq. Rather than supporting it, the Democrats--most-- try to downplay the significance of the historic elections, and prefer to trot out the bad news and ignore the positive. Bush aided Georgia, and the Ukraine, which have held historic elections. Democrats: Nothin.

Provide any evidence of one thing Bush did to aid Georgia or Ukraine. We anxiously await your supporting evidence.

I have no problem admitting when I was wrong. It happens.

But, you will never see me lie to try to worm out of something.

You insinuated that I had concocted facts. My post also proves clearly I was addressing the actions current Democrats. Had you wanted me to travel back to Roosevelt, you should have made that clear.

I don't mind disagreeing with someone, but it is a waste to contend with someone who is dishonest in their exchanges.

Define "current Democrats" for us again? I didn't realize that Bill and Hillary Clinton were no longer Democrats. I didn't realize that George Soros and Madeline Albright were no longer Democrats. I listed LIVING democrats in my list. I never went back further than 14 years to discuss the NGOs that you brought up first. It is a lovely strawman on your part though. :wink:

I wanted to make sure I had that red highlight captured for when you change meanings again and claim you didn't intend to tie the "downplay" to Georgia and Ukraine.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 05:19 pm
Lash wrote:
Nothing of any use, then.
Finding it harder to defend your statement Lash? Can I take this as an admission you were wrong?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 05:25 pm
If you can prove the Democrat party sends their funds to promote the movements in Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia...I'll be happy to admit I exaggerated about Democrat contributions.

Otherwise, I'll point back to my statement that most Democrats don't. Did Hillary vote for the funds, or against?

I'm sure you'll agree that Bush has done plenty to bring about the changes that have taken place in these locales...? Yes?
0 Replies