Stabbing deaths of two young girls in Illinois

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 01:44 pm
Relative Eyed In Girls' Murders

The two second-graders took off on a Mother's Day bike ride. Laura (8-years-old) and Krystal (9-years-old) were stabbed repeatedly and left dead just a few yards off a wooded bike path near their homes.

The authorities have taken Laura's father into custody for questionning. He was recently released from a Texas prison where he served time for aggravated assault. (He was arguing with Laura's mother, and when others intervened, he grabbed a chainsaw and chased them around the trailer park.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 613 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 04:45 pm
In theory I have doubts about the death penalty--but there are exceptions.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:51 pm
This is being covered by our local media constantly. They've just announced that the suspect was denied bond at today's bond hearing and a detailed description of what happened to the girls was provided. The details are shocking and disgusting. Like BVT said a while back... Capital punishment is murder, but some murders don't bother me so much.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 05:07 pm
rage killing?
Prosecutors On Dad's Rage Killing

Quote:
The man accused of stabbing to death his 8-year-old daughter and her best friend hunted his child down in a park in a fit of rage because she was supposed to be confined to the house for stealing money, prosecutors said Wednesday.

A judge denied bail for 34-year-old ex-convict Jerry Hobbs after prosecutors said he admitted in videotaped and written statements to beating and stabbing his daughter Laura Hobbs and 9-year-old Krystal Tobias on Mother's Day.

He claimed the older girl pulled a knife on him, but prosecutors said they doubt that. . . .

Self defense? Ridiculous.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 05:15 pm
This is so disturbing and sickening. I am at a loss for words.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 05:20 pm
and people worry about strangers ...

worry about the devil you know, first
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 07:47 pm
Most sexually molested children are molested by someone they know.

Because of the extreme violence of the murder, I have to wonder whether the murder wasn't an attempt to cover up a family skeleton.

A "short kitchen knife" is a peculiar thing for either a child or an adult to take out for a walk.

I remember learning from a course given by a local Rape Crisis Council that multiple stabbings--particularly in the eyes--are a sign of very twisted passion.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:21 pm
Even Bear /BVT had to turn off the news when that story came on.

Why on earth was this guy allowed to be in the home after serving time for assualt???
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:29 pm
I'm too disgusted to make any comment at all.
0 Replies