Mother In Law

dave 24

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 07:58 am
So my future mother in law is great, to an extent. However it seems as if she isn't wanting to except that he daughter is a woman that is engaged to be married. At times my finance (nicole)s mom knows she's loosing control, and gets over whelming. (like Monster-In-Law, Nicole said that's how her mom is sometimes like that to me) This past weekend, her mom and her went shaping. They had fun looking for flowers, and what not for our house, then started buying me cloths. They started talking about our wedding, and when it was ect. Her mom seemed to for once be on my side of things. They then got on the fact of Nicole living with me, and getting a job in my or near the town I live in. I just don't get her mom. She can be so confusing. For example, wouldn't a mom that knows her daughter has been with a guy for 2 years (last year) and is saying that her insurance isn't going to cover Birth control help her daughter figure things out? Rather then just say "just don't get pregnant"
Nicole was all freaking out, so I found Planned parent hood, and got her a appointment. Her mom then wondered how she got the pills, and why she needed them. Yet her mom told her not to get pregnant. Now after being together for 3 years, her mom asked if I was pleasing her like a woman needs. I mean WOW I just can't keep up. Way back when her mom and I would have conversations about sex, and what not. Not like about her daughter and I, but in general. The night I asked if I could have their daughters hand in marriage, I had to ask both parents(weird but ok) her mom told me that since she was allergic to latex, that nicole probably was, and that condoms are usually latex. But since she was on the pill, that we really didn't have to worry ect. I am just so confused. At times I love her mom, and times I can't stand being around the lady. I mean we are all adults, her daughter is getting married, is living with me. It's just weird. O and this tops the cake, Two Christmases ago, I got her mom baby socks, and said something like " congratulations grandma to be" the look on her face went from being puzzled, to joyful. Can anyone give me any advice? This is the lady that asked me what I thought about her daughters breasts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 846 • Replies: 2
No top replies

morganwood

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:08 pm
You marry Nicole and you marry her family. That's just the way it is. You can discuss it with Nicole but don.'t count on any great changes in her mother's behavior. You haven't said how Nicole feers about this. Have you discussed the problem with her. It seems like it's only a problem for you. I would suggest tongue and cheek answers and humor as a way to get past it especially since you haven't indicated that your mother-in-laws behavior is having any serious effects on your relationship with Nicole. Grin and bear it!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 04:50 pm
I don't think it is appropriate to discuss your sexlife with
your future mother-in-law. She is way out of place to ask
or make reference to. You should tell her to butt out.

They way you start a relationship with her, that's they
way it continues. If I were you I'd set the rules now,
before it becomes a constant interference into your
private life.

Should you be Fred and your future father-in-law is
named George, than please disregard this posting Laughing
0 Replies