Latin invitation translation please

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 07:03 am
Hi I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to help me prepare for a toga party and translate the following into Latin...

"Dear ……..,

To show that I have indeed grown up and will forthwith act my age, I have decided to welcome 40 with a Toga Party! You and your partner are invited and welcome so come prepared for lots of wine, merriment, more wine and the odd phrase conjugation.

Date:
Time:
Address:
RSVP:

Costume is essential, however, doona's will be permitted as substitutes … given the cold weather at this time of year. As there will be lots of togas in near proximity to outdoor heating, please bring fire extinguishers if you have any … on second thoughts, just bring brandy.

Unfortunately as we will be conversing on mature thought and philosophy expected of the senate mind, this will be a grown up party only. Hopefully this will give you enough time to organize a babysitter if you need one."

Thanks!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 632 • Replies: 2
No top replies

George

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 11:42 am
That's a tall order, karl2005. Perhaps someone with more time and
greater expertise than I have will reply, but I wouldn't count on it.
Perhaps you should find a pro.
0 Replies

karl2005

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 04:32 pm
Thanks George, I thought it may have been a bit much to ask, but I thought I'd try anyway. There seemed to be a wealth of friendly experts here ... thanks for responding!
Karl
0 Replies