The "other woman" needs to know

zooropa

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 07:58 pm
I recently found out that a man I've been dating (even seeing 3-4 nights a week) is in engaged to another woman. This man and I have had a relationship for 8 months now, and while I have accepted that he is a Jackass, I wonder this: Should I tell his fiancee? I know her contact info. She has two children and doesn't get to see him very often, and I feel just horrible.

I know you may think this is vengeful but it's not . . .I realize he is a jerk and am happy to move on to better things! However, I lost a fiance 2 years ago because he cheated on me. I know that all of my ex's friends knew, and I wish that someone should have told me. It hurt so bad, and I am glad I DID find out so I could move on. I think this girl has a right to know what kind of man she's marrying.

What do you all think? Should I tell her? Should I keep my mouth shut? I'm a little torn . . .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 889 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 08:18 pm
Tell tell tell tell her >_>

You don't even have to say it was you... just tell her that you don't want anyone in trouble, so you'd like to be anonymous (in case she tells him later, AND so that she doesn't look at you in a cruel way), but that he is cheating on her.

I'm sure she would be extremely grateful...
0 Replies

microbiologistgal

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 09:24 pm
I think she should be told, but please do it kindly and without any emotion. She will probably not want to believe you, so be prepared for that. If you can offer her proof, all the better.

And, make sure all your loose ends are tied up, because the man will probably not speak to you again- for the better! Good for you for realizing he's not worthy- of either of you women.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 10:39 pm
If the women had no kids, Then don't tell her.
BUt, if she has kids, then tell her!!
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 01:29 am
The woman is planning to marry this man... why does whether or not she has children matter in this scenario?
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 03:18 pm
i think she should be told if you have the means to. She can take the information and do as she pleases with it.
As far as wether she has kids or not makes no difference.
She has the right to know the character of her man, even if that involves requesting a background check, full medical history, ect....in these times, it seems nessasary. OMG have you guys been keeping up with these crazy murders involving spouses, partners, and children!?!?!?!?Where i live(KY, USA) a man had just had a stand off with police holding his own children hostage,at gun point, threatening to kill them!!!!!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 03:23 pm
Why not tell her? I'm sure she'd want to find out he's been cheating on her.

Then you two can get in a hot lesbian pillow fight in your underwear.

Sorry, thinking out loud again.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 05:37 pm
Children make a difference. Women can chose cads and have their hearts broken. Children have to live with their mothers' choices--whether those choices are wise or not.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 05:57 pm
I agree with Noddy.
Under other circumstances I would have said: butt out!
However, when children are involved, their best interest
has to come first.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 08:57 pm
I still don't see why the children matter enough to change the decision though.

Sure, children matter more, of course...
but shouldn't the woman's emotional well-being matter too? How could either of those change the answer from a Yes to No?

If with children, I'd tell because it's good for her and her children. If without chidlren, I'd tell because it's *still* important for her to know the kind of man she -will- be having children with!

I just don't see why the children being present or not should make a difference in what a normally -good- person would choose to do.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 11:16 pm
Tell her. She has a right to know. I had a fiance' who cheated on me and had I known at the time he did it it would have saved me much time and heart-ache. Let her know somehow, preferably with some kind of proof. After that it is up to her to do what she feels she needs to.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 01:06 am
There's a fine line between being a tattle tale and being a good honest person. I guess everybody has different requirements for where they draw the line.
0 Replies

unluckyinlove

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 01:00 pm
do it
You should definately tell her. At least if you do it now she can just walk away rather than if they had been married and she found out there would be all this paperwork and stress and it could go on for awhile.
I just got out of a relationship where I found out after we broke up that he was seeing someone else- and boy was I burned.
Unfortunately, if the story came from you there are alot of different ways she can take it: she could just shrug it off as a "crazy ex" just trying to get it on her "man". Or she may even confront him about it and of course he won't admit it, and she may even beleive him, you know how some women are...- you need to figure out a way to get him caught.
You could always....
While you guys are "doing the deed" call her from his cell - if you can- when it connects just make the as much love-makin noise as you can, then hang up. If anything he'll think that he accidentally pushed a button that connected the call.
You should really try to get him caught- women are alot of times naive, and will take a mans word regardless- if she hears it first hand (from his cell) she won't have any outside influence telling her otherwise.

I hope that helps Razz
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 01:48 pm
Even from a man's perspective... you should definately tell her. This guy is a bastard. Letting the woman who is about marry him know this is only the right thing to do.

She has a right to know.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 02:17 pm
I second ebrown's statement.
0 Replies

shmookiedoo

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 02:37 pm
I agree too, she has a right to know.
0 Replies