my husband died suddenly

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:57 am
my husband died suddenly last month. life is slowly getting normal.at least i can think of him without crying most times.i also have my 4 year old to drive me crazy.and my oldest just left to go where he lives,my daughter is here for a bit.and gardening season is coming soon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 585 • Replies: 7
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 10:11 am
I'm very sorry to hear that louise44. Welcome to A2K. Hopefully you'll find solace here and a place for you to express your feelings.

Hang in there. I'm sure Noddy will be along any minute to tell you to 'hold your dominion'.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 10:46 am
Hello Louise44.

I sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure it's been a long month but I'm glad to see you reaching out. A2K is a great place to spend some time, particularly if you're trying to keep your mind occupied.

Take tender care.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 11:25 am
Louise--

The Victorians had some good ideas and one of them was giving a widow two years to regain her equilibrium. You have not only lost your husband but the world you shared has also vanished.

You don't say whether you have a career or a job or whether you're a stay-at-home mom. In any case your daughter is undoubtedly making no bones about her hurt and outrage. She's a great comfort to you--and every so often a bit of a trial as well.

This first year of widowhood will be difficult. We're here for you to vent to or chatter to or just use at odd times of the long, long nights for a little non-fattening, non-alcoholic personal diversion.

Don't let anyone--including the Victorians--set a timetable for you. Respect your dead husband with all the grief he deserves. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 01:29 pm
Life can be hard, louise44. But it's a little easier with friends. I hope you'll consider us as such.

I'll say a special prayer for you, louise44.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:10 pm
I would sit next to you.
It takes time.
Without rushing or wallowing
just letting it be, in it's time,
in it's own way.

A little further each day,
our hearts and lives need the space
to just walk at their own pace,
and find the richness of each step.
Let it flow.

Five people just held your hand
to keep you warm.
Gardening is a good season for the soul.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 03:02 pm
Have a hug and a prayer
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 03:07 pm
CodeBorg wrote:

Five people just held your hand
to keep you warm.

Up that to 7 now.
0 Replies