You say nutcase,
I say dummy,
Insanity, stupidity,
nutcase, dummy,
Just call the ol' dude off,
0 Replies

Caoimhin MacLeod

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 02:07 pm
Hitler suffered from Sifilus(spelling?) which some people belive he contracted during his time in world war one. Many also believe that toward the end of world war two, when Hitler was out of touch with reality, and would no longer listen to his generals, it was because his sifilus had reached an advanced stage and he was being driven insane. The same thing happened to Al Capone.

Also, I watched on the history channel that Hitler's private physician was giving him all sorts of drugs. This includes methamfedamines(spelling?) Which causes paranoia, obsesive behaivior, and halucinations.

Obviously the root cause of Hitler's atrocities was his hatred of other races and cultures. But these things were probably also contributers.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 02:12 pm
While not denying it was the case, this is first time i've heard that he was syphilitic. In the tertiary stage, the spyrochetes colonize brain tissue, and the onset of mental deterioration is rapid and inevitably fatal. The secondary stage lasts, typically, from twenty to twenty-five years. The timing would not be off by very much, although i consider it a stretch. Winston Churchill's father, Randolph, died of syphillis, and his deterioration was typically rapid--within three years of losing the power of coherent speech, he was dead. I think it a stretch, as i said, to attribute the 23 years of Hitler's megalomania to that cause.

I had read that he was using methamphetamines, which would be a much more likely explanation for his goofy behavior.
0 Replies

Caoimhin MacLeod

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 02:40 pm
Most likely you are correct. Hitler became most distatched from reality and those around him when his personal physician first intoduced his secret medication to him. This was the methamfedamines. Many people also notice that he showed signs of having parcansince disease(spelling?) When the personal physician changed the dosage in his secret medication he was giving to hitler, it is thought that less heroin was used to make it possible for more methemfedimine. Possibly the parcansinse like symptoms was some sort of withdraw from the sudden decrease in the dosage of heroin. (thats a stretch but you never know). Hitler also had a heart problem, which is why the methemphedamine was introduced in the first place, in the hopes of increasing his heart rate and giving him more energy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 03:20 pm
Hiter had a bad childhood. He got a taste of power and decided that he liked it. So he became the dictator of a country. <<shrug>>

I think he just had that "wacko gene". The same kind you see in Manson...the brilliantly insane, able to lead otherwise normal people to act out in bizarre and inhumane ways.
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:17 pm
Bella Dea, How about "floridly insane" instead of "brilliantly insane"? I don't see anything brilliant about the man. Brilliant USE was made of his perverse charisma by Goebbels and others. If I were to diagnose Hitler's disease, I'd choose the term "sociopathic personality." By definition, sociopaths are constantly seeking power over others, and they typically exercise power cruelly. And, if one is a sociopath, taking speed is throwing gasoline on an already-bad fire.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:46 pm
Miklos7 wrote:
And, if one is a sociopath, taking speed is throwing gasoline on an already-bad fire.

A first class turn of phrase in its context.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:48 pm
Ultimately, Hitler suffered from cyanide poisoning.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 08:43 pm
I have heard the allegation that H. had syphilis before. However, I have never seen any documentation or other compelling evidence for it. It sounds to me like one of those folk myths that come to be believed through much repetition.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 06:58 am
Miklos7 wrote:
Bella Dea, How about "floridly insane" instead of "brilliantly insane"? I don't see anything brilliant about the man. Brilliant USE was made of his perverse charisma by Goebbels and others. If I were to diagnose Hitler's disease, I'd choose the term "sociopathic personality." By definition, sociopaths are constantly seeking power over others, and they typically exercise power cruelly. And, if one is a sociopath, taking speed is throwing gasoline on an already-bad fire.

No where in the definition of brilliant is there the requirement of morality or the concept of "right".

Brilliant:
2 a : STRIKING, DISTINCTIVE <a brilliant example> b : distinguished by unusual mental keenness or alertness

He was incredibally strinking and distinctive (not to look at but his presence). People knew and still know exactly who he is. He set himself apart in a very distinctive way, even if it was horrific and inhumane.

I agree that he was a sociopath. But I think he was also a very smart man. If not a big freak. :wink:
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 07:31 am
He does seem to have belonged to a weird family.

Incest(He and Gelis? Rauball were going to get married)

She was his sister's daughter.

I have read somewhere that Hitler may have been a child molester,they certainly seem to have weird,the Hitler clan that is(or should that be schicklegruber?)
0 Replies

Xavier

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 01:21 am
Caoimhin MacLeod wrote:
Hitler suffered from Sifilus(spelling?) which some people belive he contracted during his time in world war one. Many also believe that toward the end of world war two, when Hitler was out of touch with reality, and would no longer listen to his generals, it was because his sifilus had reached an advanced stage and he was being driven insane. The same thing happened to Al Capone.

Also, I watched on the history channel that Hitler's private physician was giving him all sorts of drugs. This includes methamfedamines(spelling?) Which causes paranoia, obsesive behaivior, and halucinations.

Obviously the root cause of Hitler's atrocities was his hatred of other races and cultures. But these things were probably also contributers.

He did not have syphillis and he was not a promiscuous man. His problems were mental.
Regards
Xavier
0 Replies

revo

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 08:43 pm
Caoimhin MacLeod wrote:

sphyilis and methanphedamine
0 Replies

revo

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 08:45 pm
i always thought that only his hatred drove him. he was mentally stable until he died ( killed himself )

=-=-=- sory for double post
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 09:18 pm
I really don't know how these biographers unearth "new" or even authentic information--and get it all different--but the question was really interesting--so I googled Psychoanalyzing Hitler:

I'll just post the highlights of a long article.

Hitler's darkest aspects psychoanalyzed in book
REDLICH: Illnesses of body, mind not totally to blame for cruelties of dictator

By Sarah Krupp

Daily Bruin Contributor

During World War II, the United States created a psychological profile of Adolph Hitler in order to destroy him. Now, scientists are psychoanalyzing him to prevent the rise of another such destructive demagogue in the future. According to conventional psychological diagnosis, Hitler was psychotic.

However, "Hitler: Diagnosis of a Destructive Prophet," a biography by UCLA professor Fredrick Redlich, asserts that while Hitler was "abnormal," he did not suffer from any serious mental illness.

While Redlich argues Hitler had "enough (mental disorders) to fill a psychiatric textbook," he goes on to conclude that Hitler's physical maladies were more detrimental than his psychological problems. According to Redlich, none of Hitler's psychological problems were responsible for the atrocities he committed.

In fact, according to Redlich, Hitler's physical ailments were so severe that he could have never been a democratic leader. Also, Hitler could not have been a member of the "superhuman" race he proposed.

Hitler's incessant afflictions included headaches, dizziness, severe bloating, abdominal spasms, belching and constipation. He was also a victim of coronary heart disease and hypertension, and later developed Parkinson's disease.

In his psychological assessment, Redlich diagnoses two additional afflictions which would help to explain behavior previously attributed to insanity. Many students, however, do not believe that Hitler can be psychologically assessed.

According to the medical journals of Hitler's personal physician, Redlich hypothesizes that Hitler suffered from both spina bifida oculta and urethra hypospadia, both associated with genital dysfunctions.

According to Redlich, these abnormalities could explain Hitler's obsession with hand washing and his aversion to sex, disproving theories of sexual perversion.

Redlich added that Hitler maintained syphilis was a "Jewish disease," which he had inherited from his father, who he thought was half-Jewish.
By this rationale, Hitler's desire to create a German "superhuman" race was in part a compensation for physical weaknesses, Redlich said.

"Hitler alone doesn't explain the Holocaust. There was a sense of national indignity, great economic instability, and a culture of political violence," said David Myers, the director of the Center for Jewish Studies.

"Hitler may have been obsessed, but he did not drive the engine. All of these (pre-existing) things open the door to genocide," he said.

According to Chaim Seidler-Feller, director of Hillel, UCLA's Jewish Center, it is important to realize that sane people also commit evil acts. If humans are aware of this fact, it will be easier to avoid future genocide.

Redlich's psychiatric diagnosis also includes a list of Hitler's phobias, which included a fear of water, and numerous psychological disorders, such as depression, narcissism, anxiety, and paranoia.

Redlich, however, did not find any evidence to suggest true mental illness.

In fact, no one would have guessed that the young Hitler would "try to destroy the world," Redlich said.

Investigation into Hitler's childhood has revealed little more than a "pugnacious boy" with a propensity to be overly competitive, Redlich said.

As primary sources become more scarce and evidence is exhausted, Redlich suggested the next focus of study should be to examine Germany and to try and understand "why they (a majority of Germans) venerated and adored Hitler, and why they closed their eyes to the crimes."
---------
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:17 pm
Historians often come upon new and compelling information, which then becomes an accepted part of the "historical canon." In the 1950's, there was a rage for all things to do with the American Civil War, because the centenary approached. Many people profited by publishing memoirs and specific accounts previously only found in manuscript. For example, Douglas Southall Freeman in his major works R. E. Lee and Lee's Lieutenants oten refers to the manuscript memoirs of Kyd Douglas. In the late 1940's or early 1950's (i disremember which), those were published as I Rode with Stonewall. This is a legitimate historiographic process.

Our Hobbit, before his untimely departure, once observed, quite correctly, that all historiography is revisionist in character. However, it is worth noting that those who practice "revisionism" are usually engaged in taking known "facts," and alleged "facts" and cobbling them together to come to new and often controversial conclusions--after all, it sells books. These people typically sneer at conventional historians by calling them "court historians," the implication being that they are simply peddaling the "party line." One of the most fertile grounds in American history for such nonsense has been the history surrounding the brilliant attack the Japanese made against the Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor. Rather than admit that the Japanese pulled off one of the greatest military coups of all time, Americans--who had very racist attitudes towards the Japanese, stereotyping them all as short, bandy-legged, myopic and capable only of inferior imitations of western products and ideas--immediately began looking for scapegoats in the army and navy and the government. Those who practice this form of popular literature were those who first got the name "revisionists" as a pejorative. They were the ones who first called "conventional" historians as "court historians," the implication being that they were complicit in a cover-up of crimes by FDR's administration. The November 26th, 1941 "war warning" message sent to Kimmel and Short blows that nonsense all to hell, and the contortions of the revisionists who are even willing to admit the message was sent are truly hilarious. All of that arose from the stunning blow that the attack on Pearl Harbor dealt to the racist stereotype toward the Japanese cherished by Americans for nearly a century before the attack.

Same same with Hitler. It sells books to keep examining his personality and suggesting character disorders or the effects of disease. I consider the syphillis argument absurd, because of the rapid deterioration of an individual who is in third-stage syphillis--Randolf Churchill, the father of Winston Churchill, is a classic case in point.

What did Hitler suffer from? Self-induced megalomania exacerbated by collosal hubristic stupidity.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 03:53 am
The idea that HITLER had some jewish blood cames from his (Half) nephew who made it up,supposedly to cover up the incest that was going on,as well as to provide an easy way of making money.

Some of Hitler amoral relatives want the money from his estate(still administered by the state of Bavaria) because they reason they are victims as much as those killed at Auschwitz.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:42 am
English not your first language, Boss?
0 Replies