3
   

Concerned: I microwaved wedges from room temperature?

 
 
Jarod
 
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 02:11 pm
Hi everyone,

I have a question, I just came to the realisation of what I have done. This week in work has been stressful and so tiring that today on my day of I fell asleep after cooking tortellini and potato wedges for lunch at 12:00 am and I decided in a half sleep state to grab another bowl of tortellini and potato wedges around 5 hours later -> reheated them in the microwave.

The problem here lies in the storage temperature. I sealed them in a container at around 2:00pm but I forgot to put them in the fridge. Should I be concerned? I know baked potatoes should be refrigerated within an hour or 2 after cooking. And reheated above 60 degrees. But I don't think microwaves go that high.

Since the spicy wedges are potatoes I am stressing over if I get a rare but possible bacteria in the form of botulism.

Although I would like you guys to ease my worries but I also want the blunt truth. I am so torn.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 442 • Replies: 5
No top replies

 
InfraBlue
 
  2  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 03:05 pm
The disease is rare, but if you start experiencing symptoms like, weakness, blurred vision, feeling tired, trouble speaking, which may then be followed by weakness of the arms, chest muscles, and legs, and also possibly vomiting, swelling of the abdomen, and diarrhea [cite], get thee to a physician posthaste!
Jarod
 
  1  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 03:19 pm
@InfraBlue,
Thanks for your info and help. At the moment I am felling good. Normal. Nothing out of the ordinary Smile
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 06:48 pm
@Jarod,
I wonder how the millions of people that have subsisted on potatoes that have been out in room temperature for hours managed not to drop dead.

I bet you don't eat pizza that you accidently left out on the counter overnight either.
0 Replies
 
El8482
 
  0  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 06:55 pm
@Jarod,
Don't worry. It is very rare to get sick after a situation like this.
farmerman
 
  1  
Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 07:41 pm
@El8482,
botulism is a toxic substance produced by botulina bacteria which are anaerobes (Live in non aerobic conditions). Youll be just fine unless you left the sauced tater in an old pewter dish.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Immortality and Doctor Volkov - Discussion by edgarblythe
Sleep Paralysis - Discussion by Nick Ashley
On the edge and toppling off.... - Discussion by Izzie
Surgery--Again - Discussion by Roberta
PTSD, is it caused by a blow to the head? - Question by Rickoshay75
THE GIRL IS ILL - Discussion by Setanta
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Concerned: I microwaved wedges from room temperature?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/16/2019 at 08:48:45