US AND THEM: US, UN & Iraq, version 8.0

wandeljw

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 11:36 am
ican711nm wrote:

My hypothesis (for which I will provide evidence in subsequent posts) is that all of you who post these kinds of claims without providing valid evidence to support them, are causing increased acceleration of the growth of malignancy.

a totally ridiculous hypothesis
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 11:40 am
wandeljw wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

My hypothesis (for which I will provide evidence in subsequent posts) is that all of you who post these kinds of claims without providing valid evidence to support them, are causing increased acceleration of the growth of malignancy.

a totally ridiculous hypothesis

What is your evidence to support this your hypothesis?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 11:46 am
The primary evidence I read is that the US objective in Iraq is to create a police/military state with close to zero intent of creating a democracy. Follow the money they say and watch it go to military training/equiping rather than education and developing skills for self-governance, self-reliance. The US is hoping to create a market place for sales of goods and services in exchange for oil. (the anticipated long-duration US military foot print in Iraq will be an added bonus for ME domnination/intimidation).
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 11:56 am
FOUR REALLY STUPID STATEMENTS

Combating malignancy has made malignancy grow faster.

Those combating malignancy are causing the mass murders perpetrated by malignancy.

Malignancy can be adequately curtailed in those countries whose governments do not allow sanctuary to malignancy without removing from countries those governments that do allow sanctuary to malignancy.

Those making these statements are not affecting the rate of growth of malignancy.

FACTS

Interviews of Muslims in London (posted here on previous pages) indicate they believe the US and British military is mass murdering Iraqi civilians, when it is actually the malignancy that is mass murdering Iraqi civilians.

Why do these London Muslim's believe such a stupid accusation? I claim the answer to that question is that they have learned that many Americans believe this stupid accusation.

How did they learn this? Internet?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:09 pm
ican you seem to be obsessed with your term maligancy

just to set some ground rules here, please define who or what constitutes "the malignancy"
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:15 pm
dyslexia wrote:
The primary evidence I read is that the US objective in Iraq is to create a police/military state with close to zero intent of creating a democracy. Follow the money they say and watch it go to military training/equiping rather than education and developing skills for self-governance, self-reliance. The US is hoping to create a market place for sales of goods and services in exchange for oil. (the anticipated long-duration US military foot print in Iraq will be an added bonus for ME domnination/intimidation).

Laughing I wish your Avatar were live so I could have seen whether you were able to maintain a straight face when you posted this. Laughing
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 12:35 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
ican you seem to be obsessed with your term maligancy

just to set some ground rules here, please define who or what constitutes "the malignancy"

Obsessed Question Naaaaa Exclamation I'm devoted. Idea I'm devoted to labeling things what they really are so that we are more likely to deal with things the way they really are.

I have repeatedly defined malignancy. I'll do it again.

Malignancy is comprised of all those people who mass murder civilians and all those people who are accomplices of all those who mass murder civilians.

The behavior of malignancy is consistent with the generic definition of malignancy.
www.m-w.com
Quote:
Main Entry: ma·lig·nan·cy
Pronunciation: -n&n(t)-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
1 : the quality or state of being malignant
2 a : exhibition (as by a tumor) of malignant qualities : VIRULENCE b : a malignant tumor

Main Entry: ma·lig·nant
Pronunciation: m&-'lig-n&nt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Late Latin malignant-, malignans, present participle of malignari
1 a obsolete : MALCONTENT, DISAFFECTED b : evil in nature, influence, or effect : INJURIOUS c : passionately and relentlessly malevolent : aggressively malicious
2 : tending to produce death or deterioration <malignant malaria>; especially : tending to infiltrate, metastasize, and terminate fatally <malignant tumor>
- ma·lig·nant·ly adverb

Works for me!
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:45 pm
ican711nm on Page 251: Sat 7/16/2005; 2:02 pm, Post 1460064 wrote:

[emphasis added by ican]

cicerone imposter wrote:
July 16, 2005
Anger Burns on the Fringe of Britain's Muslims
By HASSAN M. FATTAH
LEEDS, England, July 15 -

"He was sick of it all, all the injustice and the way the world is going about it," Mr. Dutt, 22, said. "Why, for example, don't they ever take a moment of silence for all the Iraqi kids who die?"

"It's a double standard, that's why," answered a friend, who called himself Shahroukh, also 22, wearing a baseball cap and basketball jersey, sitting nearby. "I don't approve of what he did, but I understand it. You get driven to something like this, it doesn't just happen."

That anger stems not merely from unhappiness with the situation of Muslims in Britain, but also solidarity with what they see as the aggressive and unjust treatment of Muslims abroad, and not least from Britain's part in the war in Iraq.

"We know that the killing of innocents is forbidden," Dr. Waheed said. "But we don't see two classes of blood; the blood of Iraqis is just as important to us as English blood." He emphasized that they in no way condoned the bombings. "But when you understand things from that perspective, why should we condemn the bombing?"

"Watching the news every day and watching people being killed every day got me to think," he said. "It made me start to think of my own identity and who I was, and it became especially important during the first gulf war, when Britain sent troops to Iraq and they were all very jingoistic and xenophobic."

"I could see the logic," he said. "It was the situation in the Muslim world in terms of killings, massacres and the realities of what our governments are doing to them."

The mass murder of Iraqi civilians is not being done by the British or the American militaries. It is being done by those I call the malignancy: by those opposed to the current Iraqi government, by those opposed to the British in Iraq, and by those opposed to the Americans in Iraq. But to get the British and American militaries to leave Iraq is easy. Stop the malignancy from mass murdering Iraqi civilians. To get the Iraqi government to change, vote them out.

British civilians are not mass murdering Iraqi civilians. Why murder them?
American civilians are not mass murdering Iraqi civilians. Why murder them?
Iraqi civilians are not mass murdering Iraqi civilians. Why murder them?

When the malignancy in Iraq is exterminated, the mass murders of Iraqi civilians will stop.

Those who try to convince Muslims otherwise are accomplices of the malignancy and are therefore part of it.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 02:49 pm
The malignancy has been metastasizing since 1996.

There is only one way to stop a malignancy from metastasizing. Exterminate it!

www.m-w.com
Quote:
Main Entry: me·tas·ta·sis
Pronunciation: m&-'tas-t&-s&s
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural me·tas·ta·ses /-"sEz/
Etymology: New Latin, from Late Latin, transition, from Greek, from methistanai to change, from meta- + histanai to set -- more at STAND
: change of position, state, or form: as a : transfer of a disease-producing agency from the site of disease to another part of the body b : a secondary metastatic growth of a malignant tumor
- met·a·stat·ic /"me-t&-'sta-tik/ adjective
- met·a·stat·i·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Main Entry: me·tas·ta·size
Pronunciation: m&-'tas-t&-"sIz
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -sized; -siz·ing
: to spread by or as if by metastasis
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 04:41 pm
ican, all your talk about malignancy and metastasizing makes me think of practicing medicine. You know, like "playing doctor," I did that with some girls when I was little (like last year) anyway, ican, I was wondering if your "playing doctor" was a sign of a second childhood?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 05:02 pm
dyslexia wrote:
ican, all your talk about malignancy and metastasizing makes me think of practicing medicine. You know, like "playing doctor," I did that with some girls when I was little (like last year) anyway, ican, I was wondering if your "playing doctor" was a sign of a second childhood?

Laughing Naaaaa! It's the same 'ol childhood I've always had! Cool

Children are often scared by names. So let's try some less scary names.

M1 = mass murderers of civilians.

M2 = accomplices of M1.

M = M1 + M2.

What shall we do about M?

die
delay
excuse
appease
negotiate
investigate
sympathize
accomodate
befriend
counsel
tremble
ignore
plead
avoid
bribe
pray
play
join
run
pity
nothing

incarcerate
exterminate
commiserate

You decide!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 04:39 am
An administration, keen to out a CIA operative for assumed political gain, can't really be said to give much of a poop regarding honesty, integrity or, certainly, about democracy.

Read this... http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/050725fa_fact
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:50 am
'25,000 civilians' killed in Iraq
Nearly 25,000 civilians have died violently in Iraq since the US-led invasion in March 2003, a report says.
The dossier, based on media reports, says US-led forces were responsible for more than a third of the deaths.

The survey was carried out by the UK-based Iraq Body Count and Oxford Research Group - which includes academics and peace activists.

The Iraqi government criticised their conclusions, saying Iraqis were most at risk from insurgents who target them.

The Dossier on Civilian Casualties in Iraq 2003-2005 says 37% of all non-combatant deaths were caused by the US-led coalition.

The ever-mounting Iraqi death toll is the forgotten cost of the decision to go to war in Iraq
John Sloboda
Report author

Most of these occurred during the invasion phase, which it counts as ending on 1 May 2003.

But killings by anti-occupation and criminal elements also increased steadily over the entire two-year period.

Insurgents are said to have caused 9% of the deaths, while post-invasion criminal violence was responsible for another 36%.

Targets

The number of civilians who have died has almost doubled in the second year from the first, according to the report.

Almost a fifth of the 24,865 deaths were women or children and nearly half of all the civilian deaths were reported in the capital Baghdad.

"On average, 34 ordinary Iraqis have met violent deaths every day since the invasion of March 2003," said John Sloboda, one of the authors of the report.
"The ever-mounting Iraqi death toll is the forgotten cost of the decision to go to war in Iraq," he added.

Mr Sloboda also said: "It remains a matter of the gravest concern that, nearly two-and-a-half years on, neither the US nor the UK governments have begun to systematically measure the impact of their actions in terms of human lives destroyed."

The Iraqi government welcomed the attention the report gave to Iraqi victims, but said it was a mistake to claim that the "plague of terrorism" had killed fewer Iraqis that the multi-national forces.

"The international forces try to avoid civilian casualties, whereas the terrorists target civilians and try to kill as many of them as they can," it said in a statement.

"The root cause of Iraq's suffering is terrorism, inherited from Saddam's fascist regime and from mistaken fundamentalist ideology.

"Everybody knows that international forces are necessary in Iraq, on a temporary basis and they will leave Iraq at a time chosen by Iraqis, not in response to terrorist pressure."

'Failure'

The IBC wants to see an independent commission set up in Iraq to give the best estimate of civilian deaths and full details of how each person died.

Human rights groups say the occupying powers in Iraq have failed in their duty to catalogue the deaths of civilians.

But the US and Britain say the chaos of war-torn Iraq has made it impossible to get accurate information.
More than 1,700 US soldiers and dozens of other coalition troops are known to have died.

The Iraqi government says 1,300 Iraqi police and military have been killed since security forces were set up in late 2003. But US think-tank the Brookings Institute puts the figure at almost twice this number.

More than half of all civilian deaths were said to have been caused by explosive devices, which disproportionately affected children.

At least 42,500 civilians were reported to have been injured.

The UK-based Iraq Body Count - run by academics and peace activists - is one of the most widely-quoted sources of information on the civilian death toll in Iraq.

The Oxford Research Group describes itself as an independent organisation "which seeks to develop effective methods whereby people can bring about positive change on issues of national and international security by non-violent means".

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/4692589.stm

Published: 2005/07/19 15:46:04 GMT
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:44 am
There's way too much information there to post, but check out the round up of good news from Iraq "Their own Fourth of July" here:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110006964
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:46 am
Ya wanna know why there isn't more reporting of 'good news' in Iraq?

It's because reporters can't travel outside the green zone to get the stories. It's too dangerous.

That should tell ya something right there.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 03:47 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
'25,000 civilians' killed in Iraq
Nearly 25,000 civilians have died violently in Iraq since the US-led invasion in March 2003, a report says.

March 2003 to July 2005 = 28 months.

28 months / 12 months = 2.333 years

2.333 years x 365 days = 852.667 days.

25,000 / 852.667 = on average about 29 per day.

cicerone imposter wrote:

The Iraqi government welcomed the attention the report gave to Iraqi victims, but said it was a mistake to claim that the "plague of terrorism" had killed fewer Iraqis that the multi-national forces.

"The international forces try to avoid civilian casualties, whereas the terrorists target civilians and try to kill as many of them as they can," it said in a statement.

"The root cause of Iraq's suffering is terrorism, inherited from Saddam's fascist regime and from mistaken fundamentalist ideology.

"Everybody knows that international forces are necessary in Iraq, on a temporary basis and they will leave Iraq at a time chosen by Iraqis, not in response to terrorist pressure."

Story from BBC NEWS:

BBC News is a TOMNOM. It did not explain how the count it published was calculated.

The Saddam regime malignancy from 1991 to 2002 murdered on average about 30 Iraqi civilians per day. That was horrible.

The al Qaeda and friends malignancyare murdering on average about 29 Iraqi civilians per day. That is horrible.

When the malignancy is almost exterminated, it will be murdering on average about 1 Iraqi civilian per day. That will be an improvement.

When the malignancy is exterminated, it will be murdering 0 Iraqi civilians per day. That will be a huge improvement.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 04:14 pm
blatham wrote:
An administration, keen to out a CIA operative for assumed political gain, can't really be said to give much of a poop regarding honesty, integrity or, certainly, about democracy.

Read this... http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/050725fa_fact

THE ABOVE IS ANOTHER FALSITY!

The administration did not "out" a CIA operative (i.e., a CIA employee employed in covert operations). Valerie Plame, was a CIA employee, but not a CIA operative, when her husband was appointed to investigate the "yellow brick" claim in 2004. At that time, She had not been a CIA operative for about 7 years.

She had reported herself to her neighbors to be a CIA employee several years before 2004.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 04:52 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Ya wanna know why there isn't more reporting of 'good news' in Iraq?
It's because reporters can't travel outside the green zone to get the stories. It's too dangerous.
That should tell ya something right there.
Cycloptichorn

Yes, it tells me it is dangerous for civilians to venture outside the "green zone." That of course, is because they run a high risk of being murdered by the malignancy.

It tells me something else too.

The malignancy must be exterminated before it metastasizes further and mass murders more civilians.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 06:00 pm
Caleb Carr in [i]The Smell of Fear[/i], WSJ Opinion, 7/19/2005, wrote:

The ultimate targets of the London bombings were not, of course, human beings. Rather, they were a set of governmental policies that the terrorists hoped to change by separating political leaders from the support of their shaken citizenry. Despite this distinction, however, the underlying psychological principles involved in investigating such crimes remain the same as they would be were we studying a mass- or or serial-murder case, of which terrorists are in many respects the politicized version. Is this to say that the four young men suspected of being the instruments of terror on this occasion can be classified as clinical sociopaths? We will unlikely to be able to answer that question with certainty, now that they are dead. What we can focus on, however, are the motivations and perversities of the vastly more dangerous Islamist clerics and terrorist organizers who sought out youthful pawns and instilled in them a theology of murder.

Mr. Carr is author of "The Lessons of Terror: A History of Warfare Against Civilians," and "The Atheist." He teaches military history at Bard.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 06:19 pm
Caleb Carr in [i]The Smell of Fear[/i], WSJ Opinion, 7/19/2005, wrote:

The ultimate targets of the London bombings were not, of course, human beings. Rather, they were a set of governmental policies that the terrorists hoped to change by separating political leaders from the support of their shaken citizenry. Despite this distinction, however, the underlying psychological principles involved in investigating such crimes remain the same as they would be were we studying a mass- or or serial-murder case, of which terrorists are in many respects the politicized version. Is this to say that the four young men suspected of being the instruments of terror on this occasion can be classified as clinical sociopaths? We will unlikely to be able to answer that question with certainty, now that they are dead. What we can focus on, however, are the motivations and perversities of the vastly more dangerous Islamist clerics and terrorist organizers who sought out youthful pawns and instilled in them a theology of murder.

But whatever the ultimate reaction of the British people to these latest terrorist outrages, we must hope that American intellectuals and celebrities will not emulate Britain's recent exercises in wavering, revisionist behavior. Already there has been unfortunate evidence that the tendency to "blame the victim" after July 7 was greater in America than it was in Britain. Such words and actions only cause the scent that emerges from our own communities to become that of fear -- and should al Qaeda again detect such an odor inside our borders, we may expect attacks such as those that struck our oldest and most trusted ally to once more visit our own shores. And we may expect them very soon.

Mr. Carr is author of "The Lessons of Terror: A History of Warfare Against Civilians," and "The Atheist." He teaches military history at Bard.
0 Replies