Illegal Aliens - Almost 50% Criminals

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:00 pm
I would say it already has, hence your statistics.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:00 pm
Whenever one the hispanic families that live in my apartment complex move out, their place is filled more and more often by those whom i learned to refer to as a child as poor white trash.

They scare me a hell of a lot more than the hispanics ever did.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:05 pm
I don't think so Cj.

There are too many decent people, including legal immigrants who will resist. This will be come even more clear as politics gets harsher. Part of the current rhetoric ignores some of the stories of decent people getting screwed by anti-immigrant zealots.

The problem you have is that there are decent people who can act with compassion and care more about families that status get. Many of them are from Latin decent and are especially understand the reasons for immigration and the difficulties they face.

And sorry Cj, we get to vote, same as you.

We will see what happens. But I am not too afraid of this "hammer" you speak of.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:05 pm
So, I bring up an issue with "illegal" aliens (and don't try to call them immigrants), and I get labeled racist, and having a private agenda.

Edgar, please explain to me just exactly what my private agenda is?

You guys are playing fast and loose with emotional arguments against statistics. I simply posted what Customs reported.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:06 pm
You explain it to me, cjsa.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:07 pm
????
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:07 pm
I remember the good old days when I was ogled and whistled at......................not by illegals but good ole American construction workers, in Manhattan. They scared the **** out of me, but I dealt with it by looking tough, and coming out with a string of expletives that would make a sailor blush! Laughing
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:09 pm
Damn Irish, huh Phoenix?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:10 pm
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:10 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I remember the good old days when I was ogled and whistled at......................not by illegals but good ole American construction workers,

Yep, me too. Once a guy on a roof asked my sister what she had under her skirt. She replied, "a dick". He almost fell off the roof.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:11 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Damn Irish, huh Phoenix?

Never checked their ancestry. I was too busy scrunching my face up in the angriest pose that I could muster! Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:14 pm
As an American of Irish descent, i resent these exchanges . . . and i did not almost fall off the roof when her sister said "dick" . . .
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 06:03 pm
Re: Illegal Aliens - Almost 50% Criminals
cjhsa wrote:
Percent criminal deportees 34.4%
Percent noncriminal deportees 65.6%
Total deportees 100,316

Percent criminal deportees 36.7%
Percent noncriminal deportees 63.3%
Total deportees 108,203

Percent criminal deportees 40.1%
Percent noncriminal deportees 59.9%
Total deportees 116,026

Percent criminal deportees 46.4%
Percent noncriminal deportees 53.6%
Total deportees 145,651

Percent criminal deportees 47.2%
Percent noncriminal deportees 52.8%
Total deportees 161,346

SOURCE: IMMIGRATION AND CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT

These statistics are indeed shocking.
Both legal and illegal immigration has grown faster than this in those four years.

Our government is unable to function well or keep up with such growth plus
all the tasks it's strung out on, elsewhere in the world.
No matter how much effort we expend, we can only deport a small fraction of the illegals that we hire.

So instead of deporting the hard-working honest families that do so
much of the unpleasant service work that our infrastructure depends on ...
our government is focussing on the criminals!

The non-criminal deportations went down from 65% to 52%.
I am shocked (in a good way) that the government is improving their priorities.

Hopefully, people would only be deported when they do something wrong.... when they are bad citizens rather than necessary ones.
Think of it as jail without the high cost on our tax bill.

Wouldn't it be nice if the criminals who HIRE illegals could be deported instead? That would make the most sense... they didn't show the initiative and desire to work hard in America.

Why not make 7 million hard workers legal, and improve the standard of living for everybody?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:30 am
roger wrote:
I'm also against the Illegal part of Immigration, but any employed under bogus SSNs are clearly paying taxes - into someone else's SS account.

My pal hasn't worked a day since she got here, so no taxes paid into any bogus SS account. Her boyfriend does work, but works for a friend doing engine repairs and gets paid cash under the table so he is officially unemployed and getting state assistance. They just use the SSNs to open checking accounts, get drivers licenses, apply for welfare, etc., but they are scared to get real jobs because employers will do full background checks and they cannot supply resident alien cards. Apparently the government/state offices do not (in the recent past anyway) check too closely on the SSNs they pay out assistance to.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:35 am
I'd believe that. When i was in the Army, some idjit entered my SSAN in my payroll record with the last digit wrong . . . a "4" instead of a "5." It took literally years to correct the error, and today, more than 30 years later, i still have not succeeded in getting the SSA to correct the error in my account.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 09:30 am
Heeven wrote:
My pal hasn't worked a day since she got here, so no taxes paid into any bogus SS account. Her boyfriend does work, but works for a friend doing engine repairs and gets paid cash under the table so he is officially unemployed and getting state assistance. They just use the SSNs to open checking accounts, get drivers licenses, apply for welfare, etc., but they are scared to get real jobs because employers will do full background checks and they cannot supply resident alien cards. Apparently the government/state offices do not (in the recent past anyway) check too closely on the SSNs they pay out assistance to.

I'd have to say that identity theft ranks right up there in the criminality department.
0 Replies