Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,833 • Replies: 55
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:37 pm
Aw hell, just shoot 'em . . .
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:42 pm
Ah, these are just the deportees then! Apparently some illegals are caught in criminal activity and then deported. Doesn't mean that the majority of illegals are criminals, just skews the data that way because those criminals, having been caught, and found to be illegal immigrants, are deported.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:43 pm
Skewed or not, the numbers are startling.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:47 pm
I have a feeling this is going to be a long thread.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:49 pm
What Heeven is referring to is called in statistics the fallacy of the enumeration of favorable circumstances. Every time an illegal immigrant comes here and works quietly without ever resorting to criminal activity, no one out there immediately runs out and makes a record of it. Since the only source for the sample is those who are accused of criminal activity, no meaningful conclusions can be drawn.

How many illegal immigrants make it here? How many commit no crimes? How many commit crimes for which they are never apprehended? What are the nature of the crimes for which these people are being deported?

So many questions, so few wet backs to shoot . . .
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:50 pm
That's only because the INS have no control over illegals in this country. They are being handed those who are caught in criminal acts, and then deporting them. The rest of the illegals they deport are just unfortunate individuals who happen to come to their attention some other way.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:50 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Skewed or not, the numbers are startling.

I love it. Here's one for you: "90 percent of gun owners are psychopaths."

Skewed or not, those number are startling, too!

(You see, once you use bogus stats, anything goes...)
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:52 pm
Setanta wrote:
So many questions, so few wet backs to shoot . . .

you kill me!
wait .... I'm legal!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:53 pm
Bogus stats? Note the source.

That shoot the messenger argument is truly laughable.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:57 pm
It's truly frightening, especially when this is what you see in many neighborhoods in Mexifornia.

http://www.saveourstate.org/Images/mexifornia/HomeDepot5.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:08 pm
The fact is, since they are here illegally, they are all criminals. Those stats don't take that into account.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:08 pm
cjhsa, it's not that the stats are bogus as in false, it's the conclusions you're drawing from them.

Like, "Don't live in Shadyville!! Statistics have shown that 50% of residents die within one year!!" Then it turns out that Shadyville is a small town that consists of a four nursing homes and a hospice. It's true, 50% of the residents die. The stat isn't wrong. But it doesn't mean that if a healthy 30-year-old moves there, he'll have a 50% chance of dying within a year.

Illegal aliens are, by definition, undocumented. They get documented when the commit crimes or are otherwise flushed out. The quiet, law-abiding ones don't get documented. (Until they become citizens perhaps, but then they have left the illegal alien pool and wouldn't count.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:12 pm
What conclusions have I drawn other than saying that almost 50% of illegal alien deportees are criminals over and above the fact they are illegal?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:15 pm
I guess it was the title itself which drew me to the thread.

Illegal Aliens - Almost 50% Criminals

Wasn't until I read the post itself that I realized it was figures from "Deportees" stats only.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:16 pm
The deportee part.

Your title for example says 50% of all of 'em -- illegal aliens, as a group -- are criminals.

Plus the part about it being truly frightening etc. How is more truly frightening than the abominable mortality rate in Shadyville?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:18 pm
I like the title. It attracts attention to the thread.

I am frightened of these people. I have teenage daughters. The "day laborers" around here constantly ogle and wolf whistle at them if they simply walk down the street. They can KMA and go back to "Shadyville".
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:18 pm
I'm glad you tipped me wise to Shadyville, Soz, my buddy keeps tryin' to get me to move in over there, 'cause he says the rents are really low . . .
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:19 pm
... and If I were to have my way, no illegals would be allowed to enter the country.

I'm aware this country is made up of many aliens from many countries and cultures but these days it is silly not to enforce stricter entry to the country and tidying up the illegal/legal status of those who are already here, not only for safety sake but also so that those undocumented people share some responsibilities in paying taxes in return for the services they receive in this country (medical, unemployment, housing, etc.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:21 pm
cjhsa wrote:
It's truly frightening, especially when this is what you see in many neighborhoods in Mexifornia.

http://www.saveourstate.org/Images/mexifornia/HomeDepot5.jpg

Where is the scary part in this picture?
0 Replies