Question about wife becoming more religous

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:45 am
Can someone give me some advice. I have a wife that I love dearly. However lately she has become more and more religious. She attends more church functions. She talks a lot more about god and her relationship with him. She is just very vocal about what god does for her or what she ask's him to do for her. Don't get me wrong I am a Christian myself who loves god also but for some reason when she is talking about her relationship with God or how she has be 'talking with him' sometimes I get a little annoyed. I almost feel like she has become over religious(which I don't think is possible but it feels that way). Anyway.. should I just try to ignore this and maybe the feelings will go away.. Any advice is appreciated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 676 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 12:38 pm
Does she know you feel this way?

Are you certain in your own faith (not to patronize you, but to see if this could be a reasoning behind your reaction...)?
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:13 pm
I know how you feel - i have.... views, shall we say about "new converts" for exactly this reason. I don't like the idea of people being very vocal about their faith around others as it often makes them uncomfortable and gets us all a bad name!! I would strongly advise having a talk with her about how this makes you feel before it actually becomes a problem
0 Replies

shunammite

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 12:00 pm
howdy
Get ready for a rough ride. I've been there for a while now.

And "god" can make people who once loved each other dearly into real enemies...

But, I have decided that my spouse means more to me than God....I don't LIE to keep the peace, but I'm not mad at him anymore for his "spiritual doings", it's something he needs.

I make every effort not to offend him...a very spiritual principle actually, to give none offence, not the Jew or the Gentile or the Church of God. I Cor 10:32.

Yet another bible verse no one knows, or if they know, they don't care.

It helps if you can figure out why a person is taking the path they are...but sometimes you can't.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 08:15 pm
Is she being smug about her relationship with God? Rubbing it in your face somehow? Do you know, deep down, that she's being phony about her faith? That she's not quite as righteous as she appears to those on the outside? There's obviously something about it that's you're not comfortable with. Only you can determine what that is.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 08:20 pm
I'm going to be serious here for a moment. I never could quite understand how someone could have a relationship with God. I'll admit I tried. When I was younger. Born and raised Catholic. I'd see all those people with their heads bowed, rubbing their rosary beads and whispering their words to God. I tried to talk to him. Nothing. Nobody answered.

So I dismissed the whole idea at age 12. Packed it in and called it a day.

But I am dead serious. WHO are these people talking to? Is there actual communication going on?

If so, I guess I'm a lost soul and he never wanted to talk to me in the first place.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 08:38 pm
I tried that too, gus. Only, at some point I discovered that I was talking to myself. Whadya know, I am god! Or something like that.

But, Mr. Peterson, I know what you are talking about and it can be annoying because, in some people, it sounds almost overdone and false. Keep the communication open and hold on for the ride. That's all I can suggest.
0 Replies