I just asked a girl out and this was her reply?

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 08:11 am
I asked a girl out over text (didn't have any other options) I asked that "I don't like to keep dragging things so being said that I'm asking you out. Will you be free on this weekend" and she said just this "I'm" so what should I do next or any other a digce?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,065 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 08:17 am
@Someonesissue,
It means she's free this weekend, I guess.
Someonesissue

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 08:24 am
@Olivier5,
Lol yeah I know but I what should I say next?
Olivier5

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 08:27 am
@Someonesissue,
Errr... how about proposing something cool to do this weekend?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 11:19 am
@Someonesissue,
Quote:
(didn't have any other options)
She does not have a phone? (or access to a phone?)

That being said, you actually did not ask her out. You asked her if she were free this weekend. She answered your question (I am was probably shortened by her text program to I'm) so the ball is in your court to now actually ask her out. But before you text/talk to her, decide where you would like to take her. Then ask her. But good heavens, unless she is homeless or lives in a cave somewhere, she has access to a phone. Either a landline at home or a cell phone. So call her. (You didn't mention your ages, so I am guessing you are both teenagers and she may not have a cell phone, but if not surely her parents maintain a landline for emergencies when she would be at home without either of them there.)

Someonesissue

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 11:44 am
@CoastalRat,
Thanks alot for answering my question. I meant that I couldn't asked her in personal that's why I wrote I didn't have any other option. So now I'm messaging her that if you are free on weekend we can meet on this x restaurant at 4 is this OK or any other suggestions ? And yes she does have her personal phone and yes we are teens Razz
Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 05:26 pm
@Someonesissue,
Someonesissue wrote:

Thanks alot for answering my question. I meant that I couldn't asked her in personal that's why I wrote I didn't have any other option. So now I'm messaging her that if you are free on weekend we can meet on this x restaurant at 4 is this OK or any other suggestions ? And yes she does have her personal phone and yes we are teens Razz

So in other words, yes, you could have called her. If you called in the first place then there would be no confusion. Actually hearing a person's voice and their response makes communication that much clearer. You should have followed up with a phone call - that way you can have a two way conversation at the time and then all the plans would be clear at that time - now you have to wait again for a response and what happens if her next text in response is just as clear as the first one?

Give the girl a call for the love of Pete.

(I have two teens myself so am familiar with the species).
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 12:17 pm
@Someonesissue,
Reading your posting history and I’ve a question: is this person and situation the same one you’ve been asking about for the last 4 or 5 months? If so there’s a lot of conflicting info here. What is actually going on? Or is this all a made up story that you’re writing?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 01:17 pm
The post to which Im referring is yours from August 2018 labeled “What Would You Write?”

Perhaps you can explain this ‘coincidence’?

0 Replies