Rumsfeld Offered to Free Saddam in April'05

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:37 am
Geez! I knew, removing Saddam was a no-brainer to invade Iraq, just like the WMD's.

Its shocking to know, Bush/Rumsfeld are trying to cut a deal with their past buddy Saddam Hussein. Or is it shocking? Its expected. As long as insurgency goes on in the quagmire of Iraq, Bush cannot call back the troops. What a pathetic situation this president has put USA into!

Rumsfeld Tries To Cut A Deal With Saddm Hussein

Rumsfeld offered to free Saddam Hussein: Report

Press Trust of India

Jerusalem, May 1, 2005

US Secretary of Defence Donald Rumsfeld paid a secret visit to former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein and offered him freedom and possible return to public life if he made a televised request to armed groups for a ceasefire with allied forces, a media report said.

Saddam promptly rejected the offer, Ynetnews reported quoting a London based Al-Quds Al-Arabi daily.

The visit came during Rumsfeld's visit to Iraq about two weeks ago and was known only to a few Iraqi officials in Jordan, the Arab daily reported quoting sources.

Some two weeks ago the British Telegraph had reported that Iraqi gunmen were offered a "deal" to halt all terror attacks in return for a reduced sentence for Saddam, likely to be sentenced to death.

However, an Iraqi government official is said to believe that Saddam's Baath party will request to return to politics, the report said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 758 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:43 am
Quote:
US Secretary of Defence Donald Rumsfeld paid a secret visit to former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein and offered him freedom and possible return to public life if he made a televised request to armed groups for a ceasefire with allied forces, a media report said.

Saddam promptly rejected the offer, Ynetnews reported quoting a London based Al-Quds Al-Arabi daily.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i8073

Hey rainforest- I am selling this great piece of land a little south of Florida City. Interested??? Laughing
0 Replies

rainforest

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:03 am
Phoenix32890, your link takes to something that was on internet eons ago.

What I have posted is a news item from two credible sources.

I am not claiming it to be 100% accurate but a deal like this was in offing since Saddam's sons were killed and insurgency started.

Moreover, knowing how bad situation is in Iraq, any option will look good to Bush.

Remember, once Saddam is put on trial, he will sing like a canary. Its easy to see why he refused the offer. He is under protective custody and will be facing open courts. He has nothing to lose anymore. Bush cabal has EVERYTHING to lose. Have you heard about music Blair is made to hear in the UK because of lies he told the Commons before committing troops for Iraq?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:37 am
Why is no major news service reporting this? I checked CNN, NY Times, Washington Post, and ABC. Futhermore, your post seems to imply that the US should only choose to engage in military operations that are easy.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:37 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Futhermore, your post seems to imply that the US should only choose to engage in military operations that are easy.

Well, Brandon, it was certainly sold to the American people as being easy. Just waltz right in, take away the Weapons of Mass Destruction that Saddam was supposedly going to attack us with, and the rest of world will look upon us with awe at our might.

Remember Mr. Flight Suit and the "Mission Accomplished" banner, (which Bush then tried to blame the sailors themselves for doing, when his own staff was involved with the banner).

http://images.entertainmentearth.com/AUTOIMAGES/TL05103lg.jpg
0 Replies