0

Gay relationship advice

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2019 01:21 am
I’m having trouble deciding what to do. I have been dating my boyfriend for almost a year and we have our occasional fights but nothing too bad. But it’s almost been a year and he’s only ever introduced me to one person in his life and not even as a boyfriend just as a friend and I know he’s not out yet but he’s met all my friends and family as my boyfriend and we spend almost everyday together. It’s almost been a year and I don’t want to push him to come out but I don’t want to waste a full year waiting for something that’s not going to happen he already wants to move in together and everything but I’m not comfortable doing that when I don’t know anyone from his life after so long I would have thought I would at least meet some people even if I’m introduced as a friend that’s fine with me but he still hasn’t done even that and I bring it up at least twice a week so I’m just curious what I should do beciase I love him and I know he loves me but I can’t keep going like this and it doesn’t seem like he’s listening, we went on a break a few months ago because of this very issue and he still has made no effort. It’s also my first actual relationship so I don’t know what’s normal or not I’m 20 and he’s 23.

PUNKEY

1  
Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 11:55 am
@brandonmoore33,
He’s not ready - for any of it, no matter what he says.

If you two move in together, most likely people will know. In fact, people probably already know what’s going on.

It is his family that you want acknowledgment from?
brandonmoore33

1  
Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 12:24 pm
@PUNKEY,
No it’s everyone I haven’t met any of his friends or family or anything he would want to move in together and tell everyone we are roommates.
PUNKEY

1  
Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 08:24 pm
@brandonmoore33,
No, it is not “normal” to not acknowledge you. But there is a bigger issue, his not be authentic in front of others.

So there you are. Even almost losing you does not make him appreciate you and give your relationship its respect.

Both of you are very young. Will his family disown him or withdraw financially if he were to declare that he is gay and you are his partner?
brandonmoore33

1  
Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 09:12 pm
@PUNKEY,
No, his family wouldn’t be like ecstatic about it but they wouldn’t disown him or anything and I don’t want to push him to come out or anything but I don’t want to just be hidden and not be anything to the people in his life other than me. It’s just hard to know what’s normal because he isn’t out yet but when we started dating only a few of my close friends knew and now he’s met all my friends he’s met my sister and my mom knows about him and everything and I just don’t know what to do with this whole thing.

PUNKEY

1  
Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 09:23 pm
Maybe he really doesn’t have people to introduce you to! ( besides family)

Is he a loner?
brandonmoore33

1  
Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2019 11:00 pm
@PUNKEY,
he is a bit of a loner but he does have a lot of friends that he goes and sees pretty often