His graduation, should I congrad him?

td8181

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 02:42 am
Hello, it been a long time since I been here. Almost a year since last time I post here.
Anyways, long long time ago, I have been here to ask for some advice. And thanks for give me advice on my situation.
Well, almost a year passed by. It be great if I can get some input on this.
Long time ago, I once post say I like this one guy in one of my college class. He really serious, we barely talk to each other. Let just say that we are not even friends, let just consider we are strangers. Let say last time I see him was 5 months ago. I am not even sure if he remember me or not. But time is cutting short on me. He graduating in June, I really want to congrad him. I don't know, maybe I am desperate but this is my last chance because after June, I will no longer see him.
Since I don't have his Cell Phone, I am thinking of Email him. I know he does check his Email, cuze he did reply me before. I know that me congrad him or not probably don't matter to him anyways. But I feel like this is my last time to have a reason to talk to him, and plus since he grad, congrad him it just a friendly thing to do.
Let just assume worst situation for me, let just say that he doesn't like me and he have a GF. Should I still email him? I don't know I am just so confuse, I am kind of sad, cuze I been holding my feelings for him for like a year and he gonna be gone soon, it like the feeling "I want to talk to him one last time" kind of thing. I obviously don't want to make him think that I am desperate or I am a slut or something. But I admit, I guess I am desperate. Any input would be greatful.
Please, I don't need anyone to like make fun at my situation, cuze I am really sad over him being gone and stuff and I never see him again for the rest of my life. Thanks
Sorry for all my grammars, I have not been in the U.S for a long time, so I am still learning. Thanks for bare to read my post.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 852 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:08 am
What do you have to lose? Just write him a friendly E Mail, congratulating him on his graduation. If you feel really daring, you might want to add something like,

"I regret that we did not get to know each other better in the years that we were in college together".

He may or may not respond, but I think that you will feel better if you know that you have tried.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:47 am
I agree with Phoenix. I can give you an example of something that happened to me. Just put me in the place of the guy you are interested in. I was working at a company that had a couple of different locations. Unknown to me, this one guy had an interest in me. He worked in a different department near ours. Our group was scheduled to move to another office so he decided this may be a last chance to talk with me. He found out from a mutual friend where I lived and got my home number. He called me at home and pretty much confessed how he felt. You know he was so sweet and everything and not bad looking that I would have gone out with him if I did not have a boyfriend at them time. I let him know this - we did not ever get together in the future, but if the timing was different we would have.

It's worth a shot - especially since you may never see him again.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 10:49 am
Heart felt congratalations are always appropriate.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 12:54 pm
Yes. If you do, you're making him aware of you. That isn't bad, is it?
0 Replies

td8181

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 12:59 pm
Yeah, thanks but sometimes I feel like he doesn't like me. Cuze last time, last day of class we have togther. I walk with him after class, and he didn't even talk to me. I am always the one that initial the conversation and he just aswer. Well, he very serious, he doesn't talk to anyone. So maybe it just him with a personality like that or maybe he have a GF already, but he doesn't want to hurt my feelings.
Let just say that he have a GF, and I congrad him. U don't think his GF will be like check Email or something like that right? Well, if I write, what should I say? Should I include my name so he would know who I am? Or should I just write like an Anytonymus letter kind of things, should I ever mention that "I like him and I wish him good luck in everything he do in the future"??
I don't know, I am just so confuse right now. Part of me know that he don't like me, but the other part of me, want to wish him luck on his graduation. This has torn my feelings for a long time, it really hard for me tosay I like him since I am a girl and all.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 02:17 pm
So he has another girlfriend? So what? You are condradulting him, not making a proposition. Maybe she (if she exists) reads his email. If so, he should dump her right now.

Of course you use your name in the email. Otherwise, there's not much point in writing.

So, other than not talking, how did that walk go? Did he try to act like you weren't together? If not, maybe he just doesn't know that a little conversation helps move things along. Follow up on this. If you get your feelings hurt, you'll get over it.

Do it, and don't wait around till it's so late that the graduation notice is out of date.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 02:37 pm
I wouldn't worry about his GF checking his email. If she is, then she is not a very trusting GF anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. I would write your name and just congratulate him. Then say something along the lines like I will miss you, wish you good luck and would like to stay in touch. That way it is not too pushy, but the ball is then in his court. It sounds like you care for him, but may or may not be interested in him beyond a friendship.

If after that you do not hear from him, then he probably is not interested, but at least you will know.
0 Replies

td8181

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:02 pm
Situation is: I have him last summer school when we take a class together. He is very serious, he just like sit there, go to class, go home kind of thing. Well, end of the quarter. I did ask him to take his Pic, he say Yeah, and he let me take it. Then when I develope my Film, usually I develope it double, so I have one extra, I just give it to him. He takes it and ask him if it OK if I can keep a copy, he say sure, he doesn't mind. Since we not in the same major. He Biology and I am Aerospace Engineering major, so we don't see each other a lot. But we somehow bump to each other like once a month. Beside he say Hi and like "good luck on my Final" kind of thing, there nothing else going on. He doesn't even bother ask for my name. Then one quarter, his class happen to be across from my class. Usually for me to get out to the Exit door, I have to pass by his class. So Yeah, sometimes I just like look in to see if he in there. And No, I am not stalking him, there no other Exit door. Well, I notice he ditch class a lot, so like 5 weeks, he not in school, I Email him and ask if he was OK. He did reply he say he is OK and told me not to worry about him. I am 100% sure I think he know that I like him, it just that he doesn't interested in me. Or else at that time, he would have say something else or would ask for my Cell. Last thing, last quarter, since our class out about the same time, I walk with him, he doesn't even bother say anything. I am the one have to initial the conversation. Beside when I say I might not see him again cuze my major building is like across the school from him, he was like "why, you not going to this school here no more or something?" kind of question. And like he wish me good luck with my studying. That is all he ever say to me.
His reactions obviously tell me that he is not interested, or else right at the time, he would ask for my Email or something. Well, I did Email him once, if he like me, He would email me back to ask how I am doing. Which NOT, he never Email me again after that.
Sorry for the long story, but I am typing this, to explain my situation. I don't mind Email and congrad him, but like the 50% half of me, say that I will EMBARASS myself if I do, since he show no interest in me.
I am so serious about this. I don't know why I like him but I just do and I understand that if someone doesn't like you, you cannot force them, and since I like him, I don't want to like bothering his life. Any input on this would be nice. Am so sad right now.
Sorry again for my grammars, I have not been in U.S for long time, so I am still working on these grammars.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 08:22 pm
How can you be embarassed to email him? If you don't see him that often, there is no reason to be embarassed. If you do see him because of the email, that's even better. Send him a note, make sure he knows who you are (if he needs help), congradulate him, and maybe drop him your cell number "if he wants to get in touch." I don't think that's being too forward, and what the heck, it might work. Maybe it won't. Then you'll know.
0 Replies

td8181

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:30 pm
Thanks for everyone response. But I don't think I am going to send him the Email. I think what as a girl can do for him, I already done. I am 100% sure that he know I like him, since I take his Pic, Email him, worry about him, wait for him out of class......etc...... things like that, I am sure a guy that almost graduate can tell that a girl like them. It just that he doesn't want to respone back to what I do for him. Maybe he have a GF, or he don't like me, or maybe his personality is too serious, or maybe he Gay, what ever....... it doesn't matter anymore...... I just wish he would be more upfront to me, tell me that he don't like me........ I guess the guy just don't want to hurt my feelings.........it been 5 months, if he likes me, or if I ever come across his mind, am sure he can Email me, but no sign...... that mean, he is not interested, why bother bugging him..... if he like it without me, then why stick back in his life for........ I just feel ashame of myself....... as a girl go chase after a guy don't like u.
0 Replies