I've Been Invaded!!!!

Bella Dea

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 06:19 pm
No, should be easy to find some where new. But we have 2 weeks to vacate....my god. How in hell are we going to pull this off?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 12:03 pm
Well, the move has been completed. And the funny thing is we moved on the 20th. I had 1 week to pack. Not fun. But our new place is wonderful and bug less! We decided to forget the apartment and went with a townhouse. Much nicer, bigger....and it has a basement for all my junk!

And it is very obvious that this is a better place to live other than the bug thing. The last place i lived in took 2-3 days to get maintenance out to take care of anything. Here, not the case...I called at 9:30a this morning because our dishwasher died and I stopped home at 12:45 for lunch....and it was fixed already! Now this is the kind of service I'm talking about!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:34 pm
sweet ending to a nightmarish story!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:00 pm
Wonderful news. Glad it worked out for you. I happened to be watching the Star Wars movie last night... the one where two creepy centipede things pop into the room where Padmé is sleeping.

Eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhkgggggggg... Had to quit watching. Too creepy. And they went right for her!!! I think she was saved but still. ICK. Thought of you.

Quote:
R2D2 Spoked Leg Version

With 2 Kouhuns Assassin Centipedes, Electronic Light & Sounds

According to one website, the Hong Kong movie Wu gong zhou (literally "Centipede Curse," 1988) was the likely influence for Lucasfilms going with the attack centipede theme.

They looked much creepier than the toy version:
http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com/reviews/artoo06.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:01 pm
Very Happy

piffka, no memories, please!! :wink:
0 Replies

Zogger

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 05:48 pm
I live in Florida and you don't know what BUGS ARE! Here's a trick I learned from an Old Timer and it works great. Get a powdered Boric Acid at most any grocery store, (a few dollars a pound). Sprinkle it near where the bugs will crawl but out of reach of kids and pets. After all, it is an acid and can be irritating if swallowed.

I sprinkled behind the refrigerator and way back in the cabinet under the sink (kitchen and bathrooms). I removed the wall covers on all electrical outlets and used a dusting bottle to squirt some into the wall cavity. It doesn't take much.

The Boric Acid is picked up on the hairs of the bug and they ingest it when they clean themselves. Once ingested, well, it is an acid afterall.

After a month or so, no ants, no roaches no mothing! Well, a spider or two, but its funny to watch the wife go bonkers when she sees one.
0 Replies