A choice or a curse?

Discreet

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:04 pm
If i allowed gay marriage i would be abondoning my morals....That meens something to me and many others. People are just to ready to give people what they want because they say "what do we have to lose if we allow them the same rights as heterosexuals?"

Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean other people object to it. Homosexuality has been considered wrong throughtout the ages... In the bible town of hades was destroyed by fire and brimstone by the wrath of god because people were involved in acts ujust to god and man. Humans had no morals and were doing anything that the pleased. So maybe US will follow this and become culturally accepting of all peoples rapists, murderers, thiefs, we ll have a great big party followed by fire and brimstone rained down upon our very souls.

Doubtful but possible to some people. Just like you have your opinion of homos being good other people have their opinions
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:15 pm
Haha tcis Wink Yes it is me Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:19 pm
Well Discreet, no one is taking your own morals away from
you, however, you should realize that these morals are
your individual ones, and - for today's standards - very
close minded.

You can quote the bible all you want, it is not something
I believe in and therefore cannot relate to it. My understanding
of other people is this: as long as they don't hurt anybody
else, they can do however it pleases them.

Who am I to judge or tell others how to live?
I'm too humble for that.
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:20 pm
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:22 pm
Discreet wrote:
If i allowed gay marriage i would be abondoning my morals....That meens something to me and many others. People are just to ready to give people what they want because they say "what do we have to lose if we allow them the same rights as heterosexuals?"

Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean other people object to it. Homosexuality has been considered wrong throughtout the ages... In the bible town of hades was destroyed by fire and brimstone by the wrath of god because people were involved in acts ujust to god and man. Humans had no morals and were doing anything that the pleased. So maybe US will follow this and become culturally accepting of all peoples rapists, murderers, thiefs, we ll have a great big party followed by fire and brimstone rained down upon our very souls.

Doubtful but possible to some people. Just like you have your opinion of homos being good other people have their opinions

Well what if for some reason the majority of humans start to dislike heterosexuals and the majority start becoming homosexual. Should we then outlaw being a heterosexual?

Is sexuality like American Idol? Whichever one is most popular wins?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:25 pm
Thank you Tcis, but I really don't email with other
members. I rather enjoy the open contacts here ....
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:43 pm
okay...sigh

maybe I'll contact some of my gay friends after all. they don't make me feel like this...au contrare they are quite encouraging! Laughing

and some females wonder why a guy would be with other guys!
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:58 pm
Re: A choice or a curse?
Discreet wrote:
Recently my school had a day of silence.....Where a group of students walked around for an entire day without speaking. It was to supporting homosexuality. I don't know what silence is gonna get them but they chose to do it. And on the backk of their shirts it says WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

This ticked me off cause to me it inovokes anger in people that are against homosexuality. I think homosexuality is wrong but i can still talk to a person that is gay, I just don't like it when they flaunt being gay and get in my way.

I am always swaying on which side i stand on in the gay issue whether or not people are born gay or choose to be gay.

I think that being gay is a depressing lifestyle so i cannot see why anyone would want to choose this.

This may be really unfactual but i always thought of it this way. You can be born with genes that make you more aggressive and make your statistics of being a murderer higher but you can still choose not to kill someone.

With homosexuality i think people are born often times with hormonal unbalances or something that makes them like the same sex. I used to think it was the people that couldn't get with the other sex but recently i have seen studs that got all the girls come out of the closet. They say that girls were fun but it was emotionally unfullfilling. Being with a guy felt more comfortable and they could relate to him better. I think that homosexuality lowers social standards and if it is commonly accepted i think society suffers. What is your opinion?

The part that I don't get is:

It seems you have no problem with a human getting intimate with a mermaid, an angel, god, satan (reading your other posts in on this board).

I fail to see how two men together is any stranger than a man with a mermaid or a man with an angel, or a person with god or satan?

As long as they are opposite sex, its okay for humans to be intimate with mermaids, angels, god, satan?

But 2 men together is blasphemy?

I think I need to contact JLN, because this may be the dawn of a yet new religion!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:10 am
Re: A choice or a curse?
Discreet wrote:
Recently my school had a day of silence.....Where a group of students walked around for an entire day without speaking. It was to supporting homosexuality. I don't know what silence is gonna get them but they chose to do it. And on the backk of their shirts it says WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

I doubt that your fellow students were supporting homosexuality in and of itself . . . more likely than not, they were supporting equal rights for homosexuals.

A moment of silence . . . or a day of silence . . . seems appropriate for people to think about civil rights and the oppression / discrimination of others. What are you going to do about oppression and discrimination?

Quote:
This ticked me off cause to me it inovokes anger in people that are against homosexuality. I think homosexuality is wrong but i can still talk to a person that is gay, I just don't like it when they flaunt being gay and get in my way.

Welcome to America. Everyone in this country has a voice. It would be inappropriate to disrupt school activities with speeches and debates; but the day of silence was an effective way to get a message across.

So what if you're against homosexuality? Aren't you for freedom of speech, freedom of thought, civil rights, and equal protection under the law? Aren't you in favor of liberty for all?

So what if their message made you angry. You don't own the United States of America. You don't get to decide what issues people may care about. A lot of people in this country care about equal rights and liberty. These are the concepts our country was built upon.

Homosexuals are citizens of this country -- just like you're a citizen. You are not any better than they are. So what if you don't like them flaunting their homosexuality? Are you the king of who may flaunt or who may not flaunt? Do you want them to hide in closets so they don't offend your childish sensibilities? What about boys and girls who walk around holding hands and kissing? Do you also hate it when THEY flaunt their heterosexuality?

Maybe you ought to think about what it means to be a citizen of this country . . . and maybe you ought to take your double standards and lock them away in a closet (and lose the key).

Quote:
I am always swaying on which side i stand on in the gay issue whether or not people are born gay or choose to be gay.

What difference does it make? Does it matter whether you were born heterosexual or if you choose to be heterosexual?

Why don't you take a stand on something that really matters rather than trivializing another human being's existence?

Quote:
I think that being gay is a depressing lifestyle so i cannot see why anyone would want to choose this.

Why would it be a depressing lifestyle? Because they have to live with the moral disapproval of people like you? Maybe if you weren't so judgmental, life would be a lot less depressing for everyone around you.

Quote:
I think that homosexuality lowers social standards and if it is commonly accepted i think society suffers. What is your opinion?

How does homosexuality lower social standards? Where did you learn to be judgmental and unaccepting of those who are different from you? Have you ever heard of tolerance? Have you ever heard of "live and let live?"

Society suffers when people practice hypocrisy and bigotry. Why are you so willing to accept double standards and to bestow moral disapproval on persons who are different?

My opinion? I think you should practice being a better person and a better citizen of this great country.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:42 am
Discreet wrote:
Ok so what dictates someone murdering someone else from being different then one men loving another man. My only answer is society. So if society finds homosexuality ok how many other things can be justified. Maybe we could say "Murderers can'te hlep themselves, they are born that way, and their lifestlye seems drepressing because of people like you who discriminate against them."

Society one deemed homosexuality as wrong but that is slowyly changing. How mnay other things will soon be changed. In the future will i be able to justify a murderer by saying he was born a murderer or that he had a bad upbringing. I hope not

You're entitled to a free and appropriate education, but it doesn't appear that you are taking advantage of your educational opportunities.

As a citizen of this country, you should start educating yourself concerning the basic concepts upon which this country was founded:

All men are created equal; All men are endowed with inalienable rights, and among those rights are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. To SECURE those rights, we form government.

We the people, to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our progeny, established the Constitution for the United States of America.

Inasmuch as all men are created equal, each and every individual in this country has the equal right to life and liberty. Therefore, YOU do not have the right to take away another man's life or liberty. ONLY THE GOVERNMENT (because it's the government's role to SECURE the rights for all persons) may deprive a person of life or liberty in accordance with due process of LAW.

A murderer commits a crime when he engages in murder (he takes away the life of another) and he is subject to punishment.

A homosexual does not commit a crime when he engages in homosexual conduct. He is not affecting your life or liberty in any way.

Therefore, your comparison of murderers and homosexuals makes no sense.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:59 am
Discreet wrote:

It's not up to you (or your skewed morals) to allow or disallow same-sex marriage.

It is up to the courts (NOT YOU) to define the LIBERTY of all.

And the courts have ruled that moral disapproval is NEVER a legitimate reason to discriminate against or oppress others. In this country, the majority may not use the power of the state to impose their religious views or moral disapproval on others.

He who would deny freedom to others does not deserve freedom for himself.

Quote:

If it is immoral for a man to stick his penis in an anus, why do you want to commit sodomy on your girlfriend? Beware the fire and brimstone that falls down upon the hypocrits and bigots . . . .
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 06:28 am
Discreet wrote:
I think people should embrace homosexuality as a bad lifestyle choice like drinking alcohal and help them get sober and straight. Just my opinion

We already know alcoholism is genetic. I'm sure it is just a brief matter of time before the gene for homosexuality is identified. It has a already been proven that homosexuality tends to run in families. Even if you don't personally know the relatives in your family that are gay,you have a greater chance of being gay or having a gay child if you have immediate relatives (parent, aunt, uncle) that are gay.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:14 am
"So what if their message made you angry. You don't own the United States of America. You don't get to decide what issues people may care about. A lot of people in this country care about equal rights and liberty. These are the concepts our country was built upon. "

So in theory i could find rape to be a bad thing but since people want equal rights i guess its ok to let rapists take part in activites they enjoy. For i am only one opinion all that matters is majority....

All i want to discss is the dangers of majority thought and used homosexuality as an example.

If i am doing something to benefit society like the boondock saints where they go around killing men that society thinks are evil, is that justified. It may make our society safer but is killing another man based on social opinions justified. Obviously anything can be justified as long as you have the majority behind you. So in theory murder could one day be justified because everyone is entitled to their equal rights, no one should be stopped from killing one another. Why can a soldier kill someone but i cannot. Wheres the equal rights
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:15 am
I think that you are born with homosexual tendancies or traits that make you more susceptible to homosexuality but you still have the choice to not partake in it. Just like alcohalism
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:16 am
A rapist is harming the rape victim.

Who are two adults having sex consensually harming?
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:18 am
And the replies saying that i want to have sex with mermaids and angels and sodomizing my gf are rediculously taken out of context. All those remarks were sarcastic jokes intended to make people laugh. But if you want to hold me accountable on something that i would think is obviously sarcastic your entitled to it i guess. I just wont' think too highly of your choice of arguments
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:22 am
Who are two adults having consensual sex harming?
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:26 am
Social standards of civilized behavior is prostitution hurting anyone???
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:28 am
What's uncivilized about it?

Take two lesbians. What are they doing that straight people don't? What is and isn't acceptable in the bedroom?
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:35 am
Discreet wrote:
Social standards of civilized behavior is prostitution hurting anyone???

you're comparing apples & oranges. prostitutes receive payment. consenting adults don't pay for activities they engage in.
0 Replies