A choice or a curse?

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 11:01 am
Discreet wrote:
I think that you are born with homosexual tendancies or traits that make you more susceptible to homosexuality but you still have the choice to not partake in it. Just like alcohalism

Unfortunately, this is not as easy as you might think. Alcoholism
is a disease and people struggle for years and years with it.
Just not partaking in it, won't help. Dto. for Homosexuals! Just
to appease your moral standards, you would ask homosexuals to
abstain from any sexual conduct? Isn't this a bit too much to
ask for?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 11:43 am
Not to mention that alcoholism has, by definition, measurable empirical ill effects.

Quote:
A disorder characterized by the excessive consumption of and dependence on alcoholic beverages, leading to physical and psychological harm and impaired social and vocational functioning.

Homosexuality, on the other hand, has no inherent ill effects. There are the ill effects of a disapproving society, when it disapproves. There are the ill effects of risky sexual behaviors, such as having sex without condoms, but heterosexuals engage in those risky behaviors as well. What is inherently wrong or harmful about homosexuality?
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 11:53 am
This kid in my history class said today that AIDS was made by the government to kill homosexuals and blacks. I laughed cause this kid says the most outrageous statements
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:10 pm
Well Discreet, your immediate circle need a lot of
education concerning homosexuality and HIV/AIDS.

Why don't you be the one, educating them and opening
their eyes to more tolerance and understanding?

The more we know, the better we understand Wink
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:20 pm
I am having a very hard time restraing myself....

How is a gay person hurting you? Or your morals? Or your beliefs? Or anything that is part of you?

If gays want to marry, fine. Let them have equal opportunity at happiness and love. It doesn't affect my marriage so let them have a go at it.

If gays want to be gay, let them! Stop flapping your lips about morals and beliefs and "going against everything you know to be right" . Quit making gays feel inferior and less than human. Get off your HETERO HIGH HORSE and touch ground with the reality that homosexuality has been around as long as people have! Nature itself has homosexuality in it. Animals, who don't have the same moral beliefs and value systems as we do, engage in homosexual acts. So...they must be from the devil right? That male dog trying to hump that other male dog must be straight from the devil.

Your statement about lowering standards is ridiculous! How? Where is your proof? Show me how homosexuals have lowered society's standards and maybe then we can start a discussion.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:27 pm
Heres something fairly interesting....
http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/purification/0034.htm

All im trying to show is how social standards and views change and whether or not any of you guys worry that we all may be thinking wrong. I just use homosexuality as an example because i do not think it is right...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:31 pm
Are you trying to use that as your platform for why homosexuality lowers society standards?

Because if you are I can show that straight people are lowering the standards of society.

Case in Point.

Vegas Nightlife #1

Vegas Nightlife #2
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:32 pm
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Now, why do you suppose they coined that phrase?
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:35 pm
Lol im still in school right now so i can;t view those sights ill check em out when i get home. But if you want i will find more evidence of how societies that failed usually accepted homosexuality.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:42 pm
Discreet wrote:
This kid in my history class said today that AIDS was made by the government to kill homosexuals and blacks. I laughed cause this kid says the most outrageous statements

Well said, Discreet. A lot of us do laugh at your outrageous statements.

Sometimes it is only to keep us from crying at the sorry state of kids these days and their complete lack of thinking skills.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:49 pm
Discreet wrote:
Lol im still in school right now so i can;t view those sights ill check em out when i get home. But if you want i will find more evidence of how societies that failed usually accepted homosexuality.

And I will find equally "compelling evidence" on how heterosexuality is destroying society.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 01:40 pm
Discreet,

Gosh you have some good ideas.

I think we should take your ideas and run with it.

I believe heterosexuals should only have sex when they want to have a baby. And even then, it should only be missionary position, for under 10 minutes.

Anything else is blasphemous and will have a negative effect on society, so lets outlaw anything other than the above.

In fact, lets take it one step further: NO SEX PERIOD!

We don't need it anymore. Its disgusting and just basically ruins cultures.
If people want to have babies, they can go to a clinic and use test tubes with in-vitro, etc. If you don't want to have babies, that is even better because then eventually this virus called humanity will be eliminated.

If you have any kind of sex or intimacy, you should be arrested.

Why not? It just basically destroys societies. Twisted Evil

There is plenty of evidence out there.

Evidence = Las Vegas links above.
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 02:48 pm
extra:
It saddens me to think that there are people out there who say exactly what you just said, only they aren't joking.
I just wish people would stop trying to save us (collective us, not we on A2K :wink:) from whatever punishment their god has in store for sinners. If one believes that a homosexual is going to hell because of what they do in private, then fine. You have the right to think whatever you want. But I don't agree that we have the right to legislate purely based on tradition or religion.

Besides, tons of people think that it is immoral to have premarital sex, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we are no where near state-mandated chastity belts until marriage. I would say that unwanted pregnancies affect our society much more than homosexuality does.

If only those dang belts didn't pinch so badly... ow! Shocked
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 03:06 pm
Discreet wrote:
"So what if their message made you angry. You don't own the United States of America. You don't get to decide what issues people may care about. A lot of people in this country care about equal rights and liberty. These are the concepts our country was built upon. "

So in theory i could find rape to be a bad thing but since people want equal rights i guess its ok to let rapists take part in activites they enjoy. For i am only one opinion all that matters is majority....

All i want to discss is the dangers of majority thought and used homosexuality as an example.

If i am doing something to benefit society like the boondock saints where they go around killing men that society thinks are evil, is that justified. It may make our society safer but is killing another man based on social opinions justified. Obviously anything can be justified as long as you have the majority behind you. So in theory murder could one day be justified because everyone is entitled to their equal rights, no one should be stopped from killing one another. Why can a soldier kill someone but i cannot. Wheres the equal rights

The fundamental concepts of equality and liberty, neither in theory nor otherwise, embrace criminal conduct that harms and injures others.

Your comparisons of rapists and murderers to homosexuals and your other statements (quoted above) only demonstrate your lack of maturity and substandard intellectual development.

Maybe there is hope for your development as a human being and a citizen of this country -- maybe not. Maybe you just don't have the intellectual capacity to understand the concepts of equality and liberty and to apply those concepts in a logical and reasoned manner.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 03:23 pm
fredjones wrote:

If only those dang belts didn't pinch so badly... ow! Shocked

Well you are probably just getting used to it. Its not easy to follow The Path, but it must be done. Just remember you are doing it all for the good of society, and if you slip it will greatly damage society.

After awhile, the pain almost becomes kinda pleasurable.

Go out scoff at everyone who is not celibate, and tell them to do as you are doing!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 03:25 pm
Discreet wrote:
. . . i did a project on Pompeii and found that they had a very "wild" society in which homosexuailty was socially accpeted and the city just seemed to be a cess pool.

Discreet wrote:
. . . if you want i will find more evidence of how societies that failed usually accepted homosexuality.

This should be very enlightening coming from an individual who has no concept of cause and effect.

Please tell us how the destruction of Pompeii had everything to do with homosexuality and nothing to do with volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius.

From there, I would be interested in reading your thesis concerning homsexuality and the Fall of the Roman Empire.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 03:31 pm
Discreet wrote:

You sound exactly like that kid sometimes.

Is that kid you?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 03:35 pm
Re: A choice or a curse?
Discreet wrote:
I think that being gay is a depressing lifestyle so i cannot see why anyone would want to choose this.

I think that spending a lot of time finding groups of people to blame the ills of society on is a depressing lifestyle (as you are doing). I cannot see why anyone would want to choose this.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 04:00 pm
Discreet wrote:

Interesting logic. Every society that has ever failed in human history had a large heterosexual population. Are you sure that all those societies didn't fail because they embraced heterosexuality? It would make much more sense then the little bit of homosexuality that went on in them.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 05:56 pm
parados wrote:
Discreet wrote:

Interesting logic. Every society that has ever failed in human history had a large heterosexual population. Are you sure that all those societies didn't fail because they embraced heterosexuality? It would make much more sense then the little bit of homosexuality that went on in them.

Good point.

And hasn't every society eventually "failed?"

I mean the vast majority last a few hundred years then die out.

There are so many holes in this theme, I don't know where to start.

There are some who claim that per capita, homosexuals contribute MORE to society than heterosexuals! But they don't make a big deal of their superiority. Twisted Evil

If you start looking at the list of (non-100% heterosexual) entertainers, inventors, scientists, leaders of fields of all walks of life...its pretty impressive.

Perhaps societies that have a LOT OF HOMOSEXUALS thrive more than societies who completely repress homosexuals.

Look at the Greeks and all their breakthroughs. Our society is still largely based on ideas that they thought of, and they had one of the highest percentage of openly gay leaders of any society in history!

Alexander the Great was homosexual. He was the first man to bring together the Mediterranean world and dominate the known world at that time. Does this mean that homosexuals are actually superior?

Perhaps the gays are capable of building wonderful societies, and its the heterosexuals who make societies weaken and fail?

Discreet, what do you think?
0 Replies