Should any candidate feel that they are (entitled) to be the 2020 democratic nominee?

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 10:04 pm

Should any candidate feel that they are (entitled) to be the 2020 democratic nominee?

jespah

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 11:09 pm
@Real Music,
My God, I hope not.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2019 01:38 pm
Entiteled, no. The right to run yes.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2019 01:44 pm
No, because that happened in 2016 and look how it turned out.

People still talk about the debacle because the cut is deep. DNC needs to exhibit fair play to the utmost.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2019 10:22 pm
Yes I am a registered democrat.

Yes the democratic party is my party.

Yes I do have personal preferences of who I want to win the democratic nomination, but I don't believe any candidate should feel that they are entitled to the nomination.

If my personal preferences doesn't win the primaries, I will still support and vote for the eventual democratic party nominee in the general election.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 08:25 am
@Real Music,
Didn't Hilary Clinton kind of more than imply she was entitled to the 2016 Democratic nomination? That basically destroyed any chance that Bernie Sanders had at taking the spot on the ballot.

You can't stop how a candidate feels. However, if a candidate does choose to push her or his candidacy? We the primary voters (whether we are or aren't members of the political party in question) shouldn't directly award this arrogant stance.

Thinking one is entitled isn't the same thing as making it happen because one believes its the only legitimate reason it should be so. This could be a good way to whittle down the booming population of Democratic candidates. If one is actively trying to prove they are entitled to the nomination? Yeah. They need to be culled out from the field.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 01:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
The democratic voters elected Hillary to be their candidate. A minority wanted Bernie. I am sick to death of hearing how the democratic party screwed a candidate who wasent a democrat in favor of one who was a active democrat for 25 years. Did I think she is a liberal? Hell no. She is a conservative lite just like Bill was. But I knew she was more liberal than the crooked bastard that we elected to the presidency. Any democrat in today's world is better than the best republican. Think turtle neck when you think republican.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 01:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Didn't Hilary Clinton kind of more than imply she was entitled to the 2016

No, not that I can recall. That was definitely the line pushed by her political enemies, but I can't recall her ever saying that.
roger

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 02:10 pm
@engineer,
Didn't she really say "It's My Turn"? It was reported, though that no longer means she said it.
engineer

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 02:22 pm
@roger,
I just googled it and got lots and lots of hits ... of Sanders supporting web sites. I can't find a direct attribution. Not saying it's not out there, but all the crosslinks seem to be pointing at each other.
roger

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 02:32 pm
@engineer,
Yeah, you never know what to believe.
0 Replies