Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

RexRed

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:03 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rex, You can figure that one out all by your lonesome.

That is not an answer...

(I am not lonesome.)
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:09 pm
CI, You certainly use your own thorns but where is your beauty? Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:19 pm
The thorns represent natural selection and the beauty represents intelligent design.

Rex
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:20 pm
fm wrote-

Quote:
You are a line of type to me.

At least that is true.

Did you know that the new monied class of lawyers in the last decades of the ancien regime were known as the "robinacracie". Whether it was a pun on "robbing" or on the little red-breasted bird that hops about the allotment I don't know. That it had currency in the last years of the ancien regime is a fact.

You asked fm what the legacy of Rome was.

Well- do you, or don't you, which is simple enough, agree that any action is excusable if it is in the interests of the nation?

The Roman top brass, when the frontiers were under threat, as they often were, sent armies out under generals who had written instructions to "do whatever is necessary to secure the Republic." (unquote).

And what is in the interests of the Republic is entirely, by which I mean 100%, concerned with the social consequences. It has nothing, by which I mean 0%, to do with the length of an n-million year old bat's metatarsal as enshrined in a fossil on the desk which can be used for promoting the career of a minor civil servant.

Such is life.

Another thing you all ought to know is that hearsay evidence is valueless in English and American courts as the Jackson case confirmed.

If no direct knowledge is involved it isn't worth a light.

Assertions are even lower than that because at the least hearsay might have been heard off someone with direct knowledge. Even then it is valueless outside of Kangaroo courts.

The assertion is merely a fantasy in the mind of those inventing it and, one would presume, using evolutionary theory for guidance, follows the pleasure/pain principle from which the Right Stuff can never be made.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:25 pm
Nything you might want to add to that?
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:27 pm
rex wrote-

Quote:
The thorns represent natural selection and the beauty represents intelligent design.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Gorgeous.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:31 pm
" They grew they grew so awful high
They could not grow no higher
And there they tied a lover's knot
The red rose and the briar."

Dylan's version of a 400 year old song which surpasses all the previous ones by miles.

Barbara Allen. Pure art.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:32 pm
Rex and spendi speak the same language, Glossololialese
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:33 pm
And I've read most of them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:39 pm
Rex, That was my answer, You just don't understand English.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:44 pm
Dolly Parton has a beautiful version of the song.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:52 pm
Quote:
Board of Ed races decide how much power moderates will have
(CARL MANNING, Associated Press, November 7, 2006)

TOPEKA, Kan. - Moderates will control the State Board of Education next year, ending the reign of conservatives who pushed anti-evolution standards back into Kansas schools. The only question is by how much.

Going into Tuesday's elections, moderates held a 6-4 majority and, depending on voters, it could jump to 8-2.

Incumbent conservative Republican John Bacon faced Democrat Don Weiss, both of Olathe. Another incumbent conservative, Republican Ken Willard, of Hutchinson, was opposed by Democrat Jack Wempe of Lyons, a former state Board of Regents member.

Republican moderate Sally Cauble of Liberal faced Democrat Tim Cruz, a former Garden City mayor. Cauble defeated conservative incumbent Connie Morris of St. Francis in the August primary.

Republican moderate Jana Shaver, of Independence, faced Democrat Charles Kent Runyan of Pittsburg, vying for the seat of retiring conservative member Iris Van Meter.

Democratic board member Janet Waugh of Kansas City was unopposed.
Based upon any effective, last minute "get out the vote" campaigns, the board could also be a split 5-5 no? The entire dumass "joke" of John Kerry seems to have awakened the sleeping elephants and filled them with a terrible resolve. (I borrowed that from someone else)
0 Replies

wandeljw

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 08:29 pm
farmerman wrote:
Based upon any effective, last minute "get out the vote" campaigns, the board could also be a split 5-5 no?

As far as the evolution issue is concerned, there will be at least a 6-4 majority of pro-evolution board members no matter who wins. In the Kansas Republican primary, two anti-evolution Republicans were replaced with moderate Republicans. Therefore, in regards to evolution education the Republican/Democrat aspect is irrelevant.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 7 Nov, 2006 09:21 pm
ahhh so. Moderate Republicans are almost as extinct as Whigs.
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 8 Nov, 2006 05:39 am
farmerman wrote:
ahhh so. Moderate Republicans are almost as extinct as Whigs.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you and don't feed the hand that slaps you.

Rex :wink:
0 Replies

Mathos

Wed 8 Nov, 2006 05:43 am
I am beginning to think this thread is a simple tool for Spendi and his American co-horts to show the 'Dear Readers' ----------and each other, just how totally stupid they really are!

The more I read the more I consider, 'You couldn't make it up!'

Carry on lads, it's a laugh a minute!

How many of you come from The Ozarks?
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 8 Nov, 2006 05:55 am
Maybe after yesterday's election the other 80% of the US citizens will have learned who Nancy Pelosi is...
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:29 am
Mathos or spendi, theres a paragraph from "the artist as a young man" that summarizes deep time and eternity. Its the one about a pile of sand as big as the galaxy and beyond, and every million years a bird removes a grain. Considering how long it would take to remove all the sand rhar wouldnt even be the first day of eternity. Something like that.
Since youre not doing anything useful at the moment, perhaps you could fetch this line from our half vast resources.
0 Replies

Mathos

Wed 8 Nov, 2006 08:27 am
Farmer, you appear to have become infected with Spendi-itis, I would get it checked over if I were you!

However, you made quite a statement there:-

"As big as the galaxy and beyond"

Perhaps you could enlighten me, I have no idea how big the galaxy is, are you going to tell me?

We can wonder about the beyond bit, once we have the dimensions for the former.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 8 Nov, 2006 09:46 am
Dear Mr or Mrs fm.

Your sand image is not only trite and as worn out as the britches arse of a poverty stricken bank clerk but it has nothing to do with anything of the remotest significance to anybody with half the brains of a D-stream louse.

What we wish to know, if it isn't too much trouble, seeing as how we are fighting shoulder to shoulder with you lot and have saddled our star on the flaps of Mr Bush's sportsjacket, is, what this "ethical" policy the newly formed Lower House might look like in action.

You seem to know a great deal so I thought you might be the best person to answer this question as it is of some interest.

It might be an assertion mind you in which case you are in the privileged position of being to make up anything you wish.

Mr Robin Cook, of blessed memory, announced on his appointment as Foreign Secretary, amid some small fanfare, that we were to have an ethical foreign policy here would you believe. Of all places. Then he went off shagging some bint or other when his lady wife wasn't looking.

So what that forfends I don't know. But Mr Cook did stress how important it was to have an ethical foreign policy.

He did, however, resign over the war and if today's results are anything to go by he was a few years ahead of the rest on voting intentions.

BTW- What was the turnout?
0 Replies